It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:07 am

Board index » Tech and Fab » Tires and Wheels

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: tall front tire
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:35 pm 

does anyone run anything taller than the 30" tire or the typical 7x15 or the 235/75/15 tire???

I hate how BFG has had the 33 x 9.5 15 tire on backorder for the last 2 years...

I have a 6 inch wide rim up fron and im trying to figure out if the 33 x 10.50 x 15 tire will fit...

running thru rods with 4x2 arms with 3" raised combos... 6 inch wide rim...I dont know the back spacing right now...sorry this is all the info that i have right away...i keep trying to do the math...but I know the best way is to throw a tire on and see if it scrubs but ... buying a tire jsut to try gets expensive...and well...not many shops here hold on to used tires...

any help would be well...Helpful!

Post subject: Re: tall front tire
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:23 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I've seen a 15.50 on an 8" rim so as far as fitting the rim I'd say you could squeeze it on.but I'd say it will be a little taller by pushing the centers up so if a 9.50 rubbed or was close,then the 10.50 may be to big.Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:08 am 

well i know the 7 will fit based on everyone else...and what i am trying to figure out is if i was correct in thinking that there is a ratio to how muc the tire will grow on a skinny rim based on the specs from where it was fitted by the factory...example...

the 1050 tire was fitted on a 8.5 rim...soooo
i have a rim that is 2.5" less than the factory specs

I have heard that for every .5 inch +or- the tire will change by .2" inch +or-

2.5"/.5" =5

5*.2" = 1"

10.5" - 1" = 9.5"

am I correct in thinking that a 10.50 tire on a six inch wide rim would be darn close to a 9.5 wide tire?

I have not found a used tire that comes close the a 9.5 or a 10.5 tired to mock up on the front...sorry chad if you were confused...or if i others thought i was stupid for having a tire size that was perfect and then trying to get somethign bigger in...(thats what she said)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:27 am 
WB Contributor

I got 16x4" spare tire rims out of the trunks at pull a part. Highspeed cut the centers out and welded in spokes.Put a tube in and a 7.50x16 A.G. 3 rib for tax and all $100 ea.Use 1.5x1.5x 1/4" angle iron for spokes. Must have 5-8 spokes because the rims are thin.They steer and roll over stuff easy.

Board index » Tech and Fab » Tires and Wheels