It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 pm

Board index » Tech and Fab » Tires and Wheels

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: bogger tubes
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:58 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I’m looking for some inner tubes for my 35x14.5x15 boggers. I’m trying to find the tubes that have the screw on valve stem so they don’t get sucked in when running low pressure. I have aluminum beadlocks but I still want to run the tubes because I will be grinding down the side walls.

Also what size tube would you suggest for a 14x15 wheel?

Thanks, Brad

Post subject: Re: bogger tubes
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:03 am 

Back when I ran bogger we got the tubes from places like JEGS or SUMMIT they have the thick heavyduty tubes with screw on valvestems. But there not cheap, But well worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:46 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

ncbuggy wrote:
Back when I ran bogger we got the tubes from places like JEGS or SUMMIT they have the thick heavyduty tubes with screw on valvestems. But there not cheap, But well worth it.

Holy shit you aren’t kidding about not cheap. $90 at summit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:18 am 

i don`t know what size tubes you need. i run v treads and get my tubrs at a local cooper tire store there the good heavy ones with the air dumps & schrew on vale holder. had to order them but they were only like $ 18.00.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:35 pm 
BOTM Winner

I run a set of heavy-duty Mickey Thompsons inner tubes that they run on late-model race cars and they are awesome!! They are a bit pricey though, $150/pair. Very well worth the money though and they have valve stems that screws on the outside of the wheels to keep it in place regardless of how low you run them, I run 1-2 psi in my boggers and they work great, no problems with the inner beads coming loose again. I am running 33x14x15 boggers on 15x14 wheels. Sounds like you like they way Dean Mark's buggy ran on them 35's with the sidewalls ground down to make it more flexible :roll: I will find out some more info on them if you would like to, I think the ones I run can go up to a 36" tire, but not for sure though. Oh.....I just found out, the prices for the tubes are "a piece" not for 2 of them in Jegs. I got mine for $150 for both.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:09 pm 
Hill Climber

I get mine at a truck and tractor tire dealer. They are implement tubes. Less that $20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:33 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

D. Marks wrote:
I get mine at a truck and tractor tire dealer. They are implement tubes. Less that $20

Do you know what size they are?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:21 pm 
BOTM Winner

Baddvw wrote:
I run a set of heavy-duty Mickey Thompsons inner tubes that they run on late-model race cars and they are awesome!! They are a bit pricey though, $150/pair. Very well worth the money though and they have valve stems that screws on the outside of the wheels to keep it in place regardless of how low you run them, I run 1-2 psi in my boggers and they work great, no problems with the inner beads coming loose again. I am running 33x14x15 boggers on 15x14 wheels. Sounds like you like they way Dean Mark's buggy ran on them 35's with the sidewalls ground down to make it more flexible :roll: I will find out some more info on them if you would like to, I think the ones I run can go up to a 36" tire, but not for sure though. Oh.....I just found out, the prices for the tubes are "a piece" not for 2 of them in Jegs. I got mine for $150 for both.

WOW! for 150 Bucks I would run Beadlocks and forget the tubes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:44 pm 
BOTM Winner

Odyknuck wrote:

I tried to run them boggers on beadlocks without tubes and the inner beads keeps popping off of the rim, I want to run the tires anywhere from 1-3 psi for maximum traction so the tubes fixed my problem.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:54 pm 
BOTM Winner

we dont have that problem with firestons and that goGOOOODDDDDD!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:21 pm 
BOTM Winner

wildwillie wrote:
we dont have that problem with firestons and that goGOOOODDDDDD!

Come on now, you know that a 14" wide bogger tire will not stay on a 14" wide wheel unless you have tubes, and the firestones are 15.5" wide on 14"wheels will stay on a lot better without tubes, by the way....I have a set of new Firestones already mounted on new Weld wheels ready to go! :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:25 pm 
BOTM Winner

Baddvw wrote:
Odyknuck wrote:

I tried to run them boggers on beadlocks without tubes and the inner beads keeps popping off of the rim, I want to run the tires anywhere from 1-3 psi for maximum traction so the tubes fixed my problem.

Ok, I understand now. What about using the screw method on the inner bead?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:51 pm 
BOTM Winner

Odyknuck wrote:
Ok, I understand now. What about using the screw method on the inner bead?

I would not do it, because if something happens to your tire like getting caught on a rock or anything sharp that could poke it off of the rim will cause the screws to stay on the rim, BUT will rip your tire all to pieces and you will never get it back on the rim properly, the tubes act like inner beadlock that way if your tires comes off of the inner beads, the tubes will pop it right back on without you even knowing it. I know that some rockcrawlers use the self-tapper method to keep the tires on the beads, but I would rather use actual beadlocks with tubes that way you can run them until they wear out and can still use your rims when putting on new tires and also don't worry about water getting into the wheel too, I just don't think it will be worth taking a chance tearing your tire beads all to pieces. If your inner bead comes off and the tube will not put it back on, just add air until it pops back on and let the air back out to where you want it and go on, you also don't have to jack your buggy up to put ether or ratchet strap around the tire to seat the beads back on, the tubes will do it for you with the wheel sitting on the ground.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:41 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

What size tubes do you run with the 35x14.5x15? I called 3 tractor tire dealers and they gave me two different sizes.

One place said 14L-16.1 and the other two said 12.5L-15.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:03 am 
BOTM Winner

hillaholic wrote:
What size tubes do you run with the 35x14.5x15? I called 3 tractor tire dealers and they gave me two different sizes.

One place said 14L-16.1 and the other two said 12.5L-15.

I have no clue....maybe you can cross reference them numbers to show up what actual size they are, the ones I have will run from a 31"to 33" tires on 15" wheels. PM Dean Marks to ask him that question, he will probably know.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:38 pm 
BOTM Winner

has any one looked in to satern iner bead locks thay look like thay would work good.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:53 pm 
BOTM Winner

Plumberbill tryed the inner beadlocks and had nothing but trouble with them. He ended up scrapping the IdeaL and ended up buying a set of steel beadlocks from MRW.

Board index » Tech and Fab » Tires and Wheels