It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am

Board index » Tech and Fab » Tires and Wheels

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:54 am 

First of all, what the heck is up with the forum website? Seems a bit off.

Secondly, my dad sold his place so I was forced to drag my buggy to my garage (a blessing and a curse). So now I'm piddling with it a few days a week when I have time. It's not currently running, but there are a ton of things that need to be upgraded (I had zero money as I was building it, so I took shortcuts). I'm running a 3.4L V6 (95 Camaro), so I have some torque (when it's running anyway).

I need to decide on some wheels and tires. It currently has 38.5" ground hawgs on the rear, but they're worn out and I don't trust them on the road. The fronts are dryrotted and aren't work speaking of. The front wheels are skinny chevy wheels (adaptors on the BJ front), and I'm running the replaceable discs on the rear with 4-lug vw steel wheels (one is cracked around the bolt pattern).

I'm setting it up more for on-road, but with offroad capabilities, so keep that in mind. I can't run v-treads, and I won't be doing any crazy hillclimbing, but I'd like to do some trailriding. I'm thinking one of the super swamper series on the rear, but not sure what to do about the front.

First of all, does anyone have some decent wheels they'd like to sell? Otherwise, does anyone have any suggestions for me in terms of wheels to run, bolt pattern (should I adapt and run wide 5?), and tires/sizes for front and rear?

Let me know your thoughts! Any help would be appreciated!

Here's a video from when it was running... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tixqyNnWtu0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:21 am 

I like my baja pros they are 31s I run them on the road a little bit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:01 pm 

Swampers wear out fast on the road. Youll probably be fine with a mud tire, something like a maxxis big horn or something similar.. that may even help save the trans from the torque of that V6

Save a tree... eat a Beaver

Board index » Tech and Fab » Tires and Wheels