It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:55 pm

Board index » Tech and Fab » Tires and Wheels

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:43 pm 

Been doin some lookin on the net and would like to find a pair of V tread front tires. Cheapest I've found is $150 a piece plus shipping. These are 6.7"x15. It says overall diameter is 28.8"... That sounds tall to me but then again I've been running some skinny ass short 3 rib tires in front forever... What size do you all run,how much & where to get em??
http://www.millertire.com/products/implement-tires/6-70-15/6-70-15-goodyear-sure-grip-traction-4-ply/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:01 pm 

Got mine from tires international in stow Ohio for 65 each there bkt brand can,t remember the size I can get u more info if u need it. They are a little deeper tread than the others ive seen but only weighed about eight pounds each more than my old 400 x 15 three ribs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:06 pm 

There on my buggy if u look at my old build thread, speaking of I need to do a new one redid my buggy again :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:45 pm 

If you don't care when ya get a chance look and see what sizethey are. the series or style tire. if ya can would be great if you know it off hand. thanks a bunch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:01 am 

Pm me your number ill text you with that info tonight when I'm done working

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:11 am 

I just picked up a pair of 7.00-16 v treads from Cash Variety in Holy Cross KY for $184. Give them a call, not that far from Glascoe

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:12 pm 

7.00x16? i'm running 15" spindle mount wheels so that wouldn't do me any good...But Ido appreciate the info. cush53 called me with info on place up where he lives that sells em pretty cheap and they've got some deep ass tread. I can see getting absolutely covered up by some v tread fronts in the mud, hell my lil 3 rib fronts sling enough. Planning on pickin up a set within next few weeks.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:23 am 

I was just telling you what I run and how much they were too give you a general idea. I'm sure 15" are cheaper.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:09 pm 

ended up ordering a set of 6.5/80-15 BKT tires today. They're under $80 a piece thru tyres international and $24 shipping so I don't think I got too beat up on price. I'll follow up whenever they come in and I get em on

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:56 pm 

got tires in yesterday, & with lil bit of cussin' & sweatin' got em swapped out last night after work. Haven't had a chance to try em out yet but may take a quick trip to the back after work and see how they do. I'll try and grab a pic in the morning. It's in desperate need of spraying off after riding this past weekend. Ended up breaking a CV sunday afternoon and just now got it changed today so It's finally moveable under it's own power

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:31 pm 

got mine bran new local i paid 54 a tire mounted or close to that skander tire evan city pa

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:33 pm 

snail rail wrote:
got tires in yesterday, & with lil bit of cussin' & sweatin' got em swapped out last night after work. Haven't had a chance to try em out yet but may take a quick trip to the back after work and see how they do. I'll try and grab a pic in the morning. It's in desperate need of spraying off after riding this past weekend. Ended up breaking a CV sunday afternoon and just now got it changed today so It's finally moveable under it's own power

there nice put man sometimes u get a mouth full

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:43 pm 

I'm happy it worked out for you, sorry they were cheaper when I bought mine, and to think it was only a year ago, and now the price went up almost 15 $ a piece, soon it will cost more to buy tires then it cost to build a new buggy, goodluck I hope they hold up good 8)

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:52 pm 

I'd say it's safe to say that these tires sling massive chunks of mud???.... The old ones were bad enough but maybe the trails will dry up a lil around here

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:12 pm 

I'm liking them, now I'm prob gonna have to add rack n pinion to my list of things to get... Definitely harder to turn now, mainly noticeable in narrow, close trails so far. I wish the back tires had as much tread as the fronts...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:18 pm 

another pic I took after the hellacious flood it came saturday. Managed to gain a few inches in ground clearance putting these tires on. I think i've gotta deal worked out on some 33/15.50 super swampers on my spare wheels to try.

Board index » Tech and Fab » Tires and Wheels