It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:53 pm

Board index » Tech and Fab » Tires and Wheels

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:34 pm 

ok,

so i just went from stock torsion arms and car axles runnin 29x12.50 true powers to trosion eliminators, fox 12 inch coilovers, appletree arms, bus to bus axles, 31x15.50 ditch diggers, ...............

i also have a like new set of 36x14.50 trial buster bias ply tires (very aggressive deep tread tire, looks like a big a$$ buckshot)....................are those gonna be way too much tire for my current setup??

(motor is 1641, electrnic iginition, 110 cam, progressive two barrel, bus 3 rib.)

i do mostly just woods riding and thought about runnin em to gain more ground clearance and have a tire that i can drive on the road since mine is street legal. also thought i would be able to adjust my coils down a bit with bigger tires and get better cv angle at teh same time.

any thoughts? comments? advice? insults??? lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:38 pm 
WB Contributor

trans might not like anything bigger than a 33 bogger and thats probrably pushin it....cut your v tread ....they will get you where you need to go...you can buy a cheap groover from day motorsports for around 60 bucks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:20 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Run the v treads off road.as far as the other tire might work for road but really don't know how heavy it is and that's a lot of tire.Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:47 pm 

yeah i i figured they were a lil much for my engine/transmission to turn over with any efficiency.....especially for hill climbing....

they arent super heavy ....they may work for just cruisin town or the occasional trail / beer drinkin ride?????

and forgive my ignorance....but what does cutting the v tread tires accomplish? less weight? more aggressive tread? both? mine have never been cut.

just took the first test drive today and man the ride and traction is soooooo much better. it really squats and grabs traction much better than before.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:50 pm 
WB Contributor

cutting themand running under 4psi will give you a ton of bite! ran a set of goodyears for a year then cut them over the winter and it felt like it doubled the traction....plus less weight to rotate=mo power and less rotating mass =easierto stop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:52 pm 
WB Contributor

Imagethis was my first attempt with a cheap groover and it still made them dig like crazy...filled a grocery bag with the strip that came off

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:52 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

It will make that 1641 seem like a New motor by cutting the weight off. I'm thinking the last set I cut to the cords and down the sides it took like 30 some pounds a tire off.that's a lot of rotating weight.makes bearings,brakes,tranny,cv's last longer,lol.and the added traction is awesome also. Chad :mrgreen:

Board index » Tech and Fab » Tires and Wheels