It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 pm

Board index » Tech and Fab » Tires and Wheels

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:45 pm 

OK! I contacted Interco Tire Company. I spoke with Pattie who is a rep. I asked her if they could produce a tire that would fit our needs. I explained to her that most riders run the Firestone 23 Degree, or a v-tread tire of the same design. I mention that some of us have run the bogger tire that they make, and how we cut the small treads out for use in our type of riding. After talking with Pattie, she said that she has received several emails from woodsbuggy enthusiast. She said that she could produce a Bogger tire that has the small treads cut out, she could make it in a 31x15.5x15, and she can have it made alot lighter than the original Bogger Tire. Pattie also said that Interco Tire has just produced a tire called the Aqua Torque. This tire is designed currently for ATV's, but she would produce it in a 31x15.5x15 if the design was something we was interested in. Please post your opinions about the Aqua Torque tire, and any concerns you may have. Below is the email that Pattie sent me. It explains how you can view the Aqua Torque.

Mr. Ousley,

We have been considering a tire such as you mentioned in your email. We believe we have a factory that has the necessary tire building equipment to be able to make a wide tire like this in light construction. For some time we have been getting requests from woods buggy enthusiasts for a tire like this. It takes a long time to develop a tire which is about six months if everything goes well. In the process the first thing is the mold drawings have to be made. Once the mold drawings are completed it then takes about 90 days to get a mold manufactured.. Tire molds are very complex and expensive. The next step is once the mold is made the trial and error part of developing the actual tire begins. We know the Bogger tire has been used on woods buggies and if we decide to go with the Bogger design we would lighten the tire and make it move aggressive by having the small lug removed. The other tire we are considering is the AquaTorque ATV tire. You have probably not seen the AquaTorque tire because it is new and for now it is only available in a 25x12.00-9. We think this design would make an excellent woods buggy tire in the 31X15.50-15. Please go to our website; www.intercotire.com and from the bottom of the main page click on ‘wheels & Trailer and ATV tires’. Where the ATV tires are pictured click on the arrow button on the right hand side which will bring you to the next set of pictures. From there click on the AquaTorque.

You are familiar with the Bogger tire and after looking at the picture of the AquaTorque we would appreciate it if you would give us some feed back. Quite a few people who run the woods buggies have told us the same thing you said about the Firestone and ditch witch tires. The AquaTorque design is closer to those designs but much more aggressive.

Any comments you care to share with us will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks and best wishes,

Pattie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:51 pm 

they remind me of multi-paddles..JMO but i think they would wear out fast on hard dirt and roots

Save a tree... eat a Beaver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:06 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

personaly ive been waiting for a wide 31" bogger to come out

here a link to the aqua torque

http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=55&g=3

Chris

Last edited by ridenrace6 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:20 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

need more than a 31 inch tire and that tire looks cool make it a 35 and stronger tread and i bet it would be bad

I DO NOT FREE BASE COCAINE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:48 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

im glad to hear that a tire company is actually willing to make a tire for our needs, it would be nice to have some real world testing of each one to see which one would be best

also just a bit of fyi, a wider tire tends to "stay on top of the ground" hence the term flotation associated with the firestones where as a narrower tire tends to "dig down" and it has been my findings that a firestone is more acurate in the width measurements than the boggers

for example my 31x15.50 firestones actually measure 15 wide where as my 33x14 bogger only measure 12 wide and my 35x14.50 boggers only measure about 13 wide

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:01 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

jesse wrote:
need more than a 31 inch tire and that tire looks cool make it a 35 and stronger tread and i bet it would be bad

:roll: they already have wide and narrow in 35 and up sizes besides i thought you "big" tire guys only liked those narrow and tall buckshots

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:35 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

how do they ll rdy have a 35 in a tire thats not been created yet :shock: and i like anything that works good and would be cool if they made a bogger like tire with the lugs all rdy out and if they was only in a 31 that would stink my suggestion is if they gonna make a new tire and i hope so make more than a 31 :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:04 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Location: rittman,ohio ----------- wellsville, water cooled chapter
Because the firestone were so popular I would suggest if they make a tire in a specific size like the 31-15.50-15 they should keep the aspect ratio the same and width . If people buy them and the height or width is different is not the same it might hurt sales .
If you take different brand tires and look at the spec sheet on them most commonly the height and width are diffent .
As for the tire molds wow there is a unreal amount of time put into them ! My friend run a shop that builds Goodyears when they are backed up and I think he said it takes him 3 months were goodyears is 6 to 8 .

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:45 pm 
BOTM winner/Master fabricator

31-15.5-15 4ply with no cutting sounds like a winner to me . :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:33 pm 
BOTM Winner

If Interco keeps with their sizing standards then a 31" would be a 29 or 30". I am all for them producing a tire for the Woodsbuggys however having only one size will not fit the different needs. Not having to cut them down would be Awsome! :mrgreen:
Don't care much for the paddel tire!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:01 pm 
Master fabricator

31x15.50x15 are not tall enough. If they made a 35x15.50x15 that actually measured 35" tall I would be on board. I have 35x14.50x15 Boggers now, to bad they are only 33" tall. Somehow I would like to get what they advertise 33" means 33" 35" means 35" is that too much to ask? And I think the paddle tread design wouldn't last very long in the rocks and hard stuff.

G
A

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:28 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

jesse wrote:
how do they ll rdy have a 35 in a tire thats not been created yet :shock:

i guess i was a little vague, i was talking about the boggers being available in bigger sizes

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:37 pm 

ridenrace6 wrote:
jesse wrote:

i thought you "big" tire guys only liked those narrow and tall buckshots

we do :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:54 pm 
WB Contributor

I would be more than glad to do some "testing" for them :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:47 pm 
WB Competitor

aboone993 wrote:
I would be more than glad to do some "testing" for them :mrgreen:

x2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:04 pm 
WB Contributor

I think that the idea is a good one. If they can reduce the weight and modify the boggers to remove the smaller lugs as they proposed it would save a lot of cutting and rotating mass. I would like to see a 33 or 35 as well. I think the mud racers would like them as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:13 pm 

I want to thank everyone who posted their opinions and concerns. From what I read, it seems like most think the Bogger is a great tire. Most of the concerns appeared to be the actual size and width is not exactly to spec. This is what I am thinking. From what Pattie mentioned, the Bogger tire was designed for a different purpose than the Firestone Flotation. Pattie mentioned that if we liked the Aqua Torque tire design, it would be designed as a flotation style tire where the specs would equally match the Firestone. I did not ask about the available tire sizes, but I can't see them making just a 31'' tire. I will ask just to clarify. I didn't really know how to do a poll post. The main thing Interco Tire wanted to know was, would the Aqua Torque tire design make a great woodsbuggy tire, or would a modified Bogger tire suit us better. I will talk with Pattie some more and keep everyone up to date. Keep the comments coming, and Thank you for the help.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:47 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

i think the bogger style would be better would be cool to have one with the lugs all rdy gone and a lighter tire also on tire size would range from a 31 to a 38 in skinny and wide and i bet it would be a very wanted tire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:56 pm 

they make boggers skinny and wide..29s to 54s :shock: by far the most popular tire now is the firestone flotations and for good reason.. THEY HOOK!!! i personally would jus like someone to make the old gateway buckshots, but its popular demand that will determine what tire, if any is produced...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:53 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Firestone flotation style. Tell them to make the same tire, but 22.9* lug or something.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:13 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

reno2165 wrote:
they make boggers skinny and wide..29s to 54s :shock: by far the most popular tire now is the firestone flotations and for good reason.. THEY HOOK!!! i personally would jus like someone to make the old gateway buckshots, but its popular demand that will determine what tire, if any is produced...

i agree with the buckshot and the bogger is the next best choice to me so if they could make a tire like a bogger but already having the small lugs gone and make them not as heavy it would be a win

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:27 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

its just my opinion but i THINK a lighter bogger in "true" sizes in say 31, 33, and a 35 tall and around 15 - 16 wide without the "small" lugs would be very popular in the woodsbuggy world

as far as the aqua atv tire, if all the lugs were the same width and "split" down the center i THINK it may also do good in the above mentioned sizes

however i agree if they could just copy the firestone that we KNOW works, that would be great also and maybe do 33 and 35 in addition to the 31.

Chris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:18 pm 

ridenrace6 wrote:
its just my opinion but i THINK a lighter bogger in "true" sizes in say 31, 33, and a 35 tall and around 15 - 16 wide without the "small" lugs would be very popular in the woodsbuggy world

x2..i like boggers but they have always been short and heavy :( tony k has a set of 35x16 boggers on aluminum wheels and they are cut to the cords :shock: very similar to those hillaholic has but the tips of the lug in the center is straight, but those are an ugly set of tires..something similar to that and requiring no work, id buy em.. may they could make em 4 ply :idea:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:27 am 

35" firestones would be AWSOME

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:14 pm 
WB Contributor

ridenrace6 wrote:
personaly ive been waiting for a wide 31" bogger to come out

here a link to the aqua torque

http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=55&g=3

that interforce design on this link in a 31x15x15 or 33x15x15 looks pretty mean

Board index » Tech and Fab » Tires and Wheels