It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:44 am

Board index » Buy Sell Trade » Other Things For Sale

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:32 pm 

As the title says I have made a complete Wellsville DVD (58 minute run time) from footage that i 100% personally took myself over the course of the last 4-5 years of all of you riding and wheeling 4x4s. You wont find one second of it on youtube or any where else on the internet. It is edited very nicely and has some really great music set to it too. The dvd has alot of variety including woods buggies, side by sides, atvs, dirt bikes, Jeeps and a few odd things like an 8x8 argo too! It really show cases the fun we have there and i think everyone will enjoy it VERY much.

I am asking $20 for it to cover costs and because i do have what seems like an eternity into producing it.
As a side note, $1 from each sale will go to wellsvilletrails.com or woodsbuggy.com if people want one from this forum and if i sell 75 copies i will add an additional $100 donation.

You have my word as a fellow Wellsville lover that this will be something you will wanna keep forever and show people who both have and have never been to Wellsville.

You can email me at Ben.C.Havlicek@sherwin.com to request a copy. Also Memorial Day weekend I will have copies with me for sale as well. I will be riding a Blue 700 Yamaha Grizzly with some kind of sign on it or on me about the dvd. I camp in Yellow creek also and might have a sign there as well.

Here is a trailer i uploaded to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kwFk...ature=youtu.be

Thank you!
Ben

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:43 pm 

when i click on the link it says it doesn't exist?
please try again !

never been there and would love to see what its all about.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:50 pm 

Sh#t.. I'm at work and they block youtube here.. i copied the link directly from the other forum.. try youtube.com and just search wellsville dvd. it should come up.

here it is again, if not the preview is named "wellsville dvd teaser"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kwFk...ature=youtu.be

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:19 pm 
BOTM winner/Master fabricator

20 dollars huh, well lets see, if you go on youtube and dial up afterburnt2276, you will see some very good footage, there are 75 videos posted on that channel. we have been taking videos since 2009, and every year we combine the whole year into a DVD including footage not seen on youtube, It is produced very well with some good music, it usually lasts 1- 1 1/2 hours. we have given numerous DVDs away for free. for example in 2012, we gave away over 30 copies. we could make a quick buck off of these, but we would rather share our good times with our good friends and fellow riders, thats why we give them away for free.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:28 pm 
Master fabricator

afterburnt wrote:
20 dollars huh, well lets see, if you go on youtube and dial up afterburnt2276, you will see some very good footage, there are 75 videos posted on that channel. we have been taking videos since 2009, and every year we combine the whole year into a DVD including footage not seen on youtube, It is produced very well with some good music, it usually lasts 1- 1 1/2 hours. we have given numerous DVDs away for free. for example in 2012, we gave away over 30 copies. we could make a quick buck off of these, but we would rather share our good times with our good friends and fellow riders, thats why we give them away for free.

More to it than making a buck.

G
A

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:25 am 

-deleted cause i was a rude d#ckhead-

Last edited by bensjammin66 on Wed May 15, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:16 pm 

Afterburnt,
I didnt mean to sound like a hard on and im sure i did so let me say that im sorry for that..

As you can imagine many folks have an interest in this kinda thing and very few people know that you made one and give them away, including many of the 800+ people who have seen this post im sure. Im still gonna try to sell some of the ones i made to fund a new camera this memorial day weekend if i can. I cant really compete or argue with people making and sending out free ones though.. :oops:

Most importantly what is the email address or phone number that people can contact to have a free copy of your dvd mailed to them?

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:35 pm 
BOTM winner/Master fabricator

Ill tell you what ill make you a deal, ill trade you one of your dvds for 3 of mine. well be out memorial weekend at the woodsbuggy party, we can drink a couple of beers and talk about whats on our videos and ill even tell you about the video we had on americas funniest home video show

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:52 am 

You got a deal man! i'll definitley bring a few extra copies that you guys can give away if you want at your party that weekend if thats cool?

I started doing this cause i couldnt put into words what it was like being there on a holiday weekend like Memorial Day.
I might be a dreamer but i really wanna do this legit you know? blu ray discs with 10x the quality in all aspects of my current disc. which isnt bad by any means its just not in hd. Wellsville deserves blu ray!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:31 pm 

From a third person view I think you guys are at the (opposite) ends of the spectrum. Do I blame this guy for trying to sell his work... no. Do I think its great that Afterburnt gives his away yes. Personally I don't like hand outs. I respect everyone that works for what they have. I know that both of you put a lot of investment (both time and money) into making videos and pictures for us. I personally know what those damn cameras cost... my wife does some weddings and photo shoots. I think the last one was well over 2 grand and the only way we can justify that is by charging a reasonable fee to help cover that cost. I also know how much time she spends editing photos and videos. Sure $20 might have been a little over zealous but on the other hand Afterburnt $0 is too cheap. If you want to sacrifice the time to shoot, edit, and burn the video thats great but for goodness sake I draw the line when you have physical money out of pocket for DVD's let alone the other equipment. I would say at least let me cover your cost at bare minimum. No matter what that cost is. If someone is not willing to at least cover that cost and then thank you for the grueling time you sacrificed then they really don't deserve what you are giving them anyway. I think a nice happy medium here is ideal. Just my 2 cents. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:08 pm 

I agree with you there. if i added up everything from the day i decided to try and produce a homemade dvd:

-Dust / mud destroyed my Sony digital handicam - $300 ( cant imagine dropping $2k on one, wow! )
- 50 dvd copies were like $4.75 each with the light scribe and a case so theres another $230
- Software was $70 and time editing is well... time...

Im in over 500 easily. I may try for $15 memorial weeknd but man, just trying to get even and keep filming is my goal. No ones trying to retire here. Free is awesome though. I wish i could, if i did this as a club thing to absorb some costs splitting it with other people i bet i could do free or even $5 copies.

Board index » Buy Sell Trade » Other Things For Sale