It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:50 pm

Board index » Tech and Fab » Parts Fabrication

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Panels
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:40 pm 

Well i was looking at my old panels. The ones that came with the buggy i just bought. I hate how he did the layer and have 15 different pieces :evil: . I want to make new panels. Not really sure how to do it though. I was thinking nice sheet metal. Maybe about 22 gauge? I don't want anything too crazy. No plastic and no diamond plate. Plastic is just not tough enough and doesn't look too great. And diamond plate is $$$. I was thinking a hood, a lower half, and an upper half. So that would be 5 pieces. I love my buggy but not so sure about how im going to make the panels because there is 2 different planes? Or even how to join them together?

Post subject: Re: Panels
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:16 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Pipedope has about the nicest tin job I've seen,you can get that metal from poskes in any color just about.he had a dirt track car guy make his I think.http://www.poske.com/. Dave is having his blowout sale,can have shipped and get next day.if you call talk to Allen he will help you with anything you need.Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:27 pm 

Cool, i wis thinking about making my own though. Maybe out of sheet metal in shop and then just spray painting it yellow with the blue stripe with black pin striping.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:57 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Hunter71495 wrote:
Cool, i wis thinking about making my own though. Maybe out of sheet metal in shop and then just spray painting it yellow with the blue stripe with black pin striping.

Check out some of the build post and look at most of these guys have there's done,kinda figured you'd do it yourself.I've got a hood made out of it that my buddy made for his and sold,it fit mine so he give it to me.it's orange on one side and white on the other seems like pretty good stuff.you may want to check on the rules of where your racing to see what they will allow you to run,or if makes any kind of difference.you know how rules are,always excluding something,lol.Chad :mrgreen:

Board index » Tech and Fab » Parts Fabrication