It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:05 am

Board index » General » Buggy Builds

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:04 pm 

Regular price was $370.00 for the pump and hardware. I did have them anodize the pulley black for just a little bit more.
ImmortalSoul219 wrote:
what did that CBM power steering pump cost?

Last edited by Twotrackerbryan on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:07 pm 

I sure hope not!
badbrad wrote:
Shouldn't over heat with radiaters :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:37 pm 

Here is how I have the cooling system set up. The radiator (22.5" x 13.06" single fan) on the passenger side is strictly for the super charger and is the only cooler attached to the super charger. Yes it was a little over kill but if I blow an engine radiator I can use it as back up and run hot in the supercharger to get me home. The radiator (26" x 19" dual fan) in the rear is my primary. When I started doing my dd every person I spoke with said I was going to have cooling issues because the radiator was in the rear and had no forced air to pass through it. The fans are only set up to cool an engine until 15 mph and forced air needs to cool after that. Because we take trips out to Utah where it can run 115 in the day time I needed to make sure I was covered. Plus I heard from several people that when people like myself try to add radiators in the rear of a buggy with a windshield and side panels they will over heat. The radiator (22.5" x 13.06" single fan) on the drivers side runs off the heating circuit. I am going to have an electronic valve set up so when we run in the mountains of Colorado or when it gets a little chilly out I can hit the valve and have it run through a heater box located in the front of the buggy. I hope this helps.
Bryan

billups wrote:
Twotrackerbryan wrote:
I got the radiators and super charger cooler mounted

What are your specs on the charge cooler and radiator? Are you running the charge cooler in parallel with the stock one or in lieu of? It's coming along nicely!

-Shaun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:23 am 

Love the build, there's a lot of one off design ideas. Question- If the normal coolant temperature of an 05-07 SS is 210 deg. how high is the charge air temp. for this to actually be cooled by an intercooler?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:47 am 

Bubbalowe wrote:
Love the build, there's a lot of one off design ideas. Question- If the normal coolant temperature of an 05-07 SS is 210 deg. how high is the charge air temp. for this to actually be cooled by an intercooler?

Hotter then the water temp. When you compress the charge air it really heats up fast. Im going to try out a meth injection kit. Ive heard alot of good reviews with it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:58 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

ImmortalSoul219 wrote:
Im going to try out a meth injection kit. Ive heard alot of good reviews with it.

I can barely afford my buggy now.can only imagine how expensive it would be if it was a meth addict :shock: ,lol. Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:16 pm 

ImmortalSoul219 wrote:
Bubbalowe wrote:

Hotter then the water temp. When you compress the charge air it really heats up fast. Im going to try out a meth injection kit. Ive heard alot of good reviews with it.

The general movement is away from blowers to turbos because of the parasitic power loss while exhaust heat is free. I am thinking forced induction someday and am trying to weigh the pros and cons of each. I am just asking if 8-10 lbs. of boost will increase the ambient air temp. 100 or so degrees to make it hotter than the coolant?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:07 pm 

I got the rear seat bracket made and also got some work done up front

Last edited by Twotrackerbryan on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:50 am 

After debating for a while I decided to pull the 6 rib out and put a 6 rib side shift in its place. The reason for the change is because I have always know the reverse gear on VW transmissions are the weak point and when I called Weddle and asked what they would do in my situation they responded with "Reverse is for you to back the buggy off the trailer, after that forget you own a reverse". The 6 rib side shift has a true reverse gear and are not prone to break. I ordered all the same upgrades as I did for the 091 except I got the large flange for the pinion nut. I also picked up one of their side shift to front linkage kit.

Last edited by Twotrackerbryan on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:21 pm 

I have been working on the buggy off and on over the past fews months and thought I would post a few pictures

Intake and cooling plumbing

Intake

Radiator seal

Exhaust and engine mount

Exhaust system

Another exhaust

Engine cage

Last edited by Twotrackerbryan on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:20 pm 

Awesome work!!

I think this is turning out great. Love the exhaust. It's very hard to fit everything in such a small package. Get that thing running and I'll head up for a run on those sand roads.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:36 am 

The exhaust took me a while to fit it in and maintain about an inch clearance from all other parts. It should flow nicely! I know it doesn't seem like it, but I am getting closer. We WILL be hitting the trails hard next year.

fortydegnorth wrote:
Awesome work!!

I think this is turning out great. Love the exhaust. It's very hard to fit everything in such a small package. Get that thing running and I'll head up for a run on those sand roads.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:40 am 

I got the shift linkage mostly done. I used steering components to hold everything where I needed it.

Last edited by Twotrackerbryan on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:07 pm 

Got some more work done:
Front bumper

Fire wall

Fuel tank

Fuel tank and storage compartment

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:48 am 

Project is looking great! I love the way you made the gas tank and storage box fit together. If I were to build another car it would definitely have a firewall. That's a great design you have there. Now get it running and painted already! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:09 pm 

I know it doesn't look like it but I put in at least 20 hours a week on the car. Most of it is trying to figure out how the heck am I going to make something fit. Had I know I had so much stuff to put in the engine compartment I would have gone turbo. I am not going to say, "maybe next time" because this is the last car I am ever building. Not because I don't want to, its because at this rate I would have to live to be 100.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:13 pm 

I love all those hours sitting in a chair and staring at the frame and pondering. If my head would get in gear I may get something done too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:27 pm 

Got some more work done
Side pods
Side pod removed with connectors
Side pod with front brace
Side pod with skin (still need to finish the skin)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:47 pm 

I also got the plumbing through the rear fire wall done, both brake lines, clutch line, shifter, both power steering lines and it all had to go through the seat bracket and miss the seat belt bracket. It doesn't show on the picture but this took some time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:09 am 

Looking real good. A ton of detail in this car. You are doing a great job and it looks good. The aluminum on those side pods looks cool.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:50 am 

Front weed shield and front fire wall

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:52 am 

Fire wall from the inside. It is a three peice fire wall that I can remove in minutes

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:55 am 

Shifter, parking lock, cutting brake and the rest of the lines are now done.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:13 am 
WB Contributor

now that is just too cool.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:26 am 

I built in a gutter system on the bottom of the windshield to take the water to the outside of the buggy instead of dripping on my legs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » General » Buggy Builds