It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:16 am

Board index » General » Buggy Builds

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:36 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

sweet.like the color.chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:04 am 
BOTM Winner

Finally got the Trans clutch shaft done. Had to be a two piece so I can remove the clutch without removing the Transmission.
http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm72 ... t%20Build/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:02 am 
BOTM Winner

The required Trans output shaft bearing is discontinued and had to find a replacement for it. I was able get a wider one that required machining .118" of the flange it rides against. The recieved the replacement 17mm wider bearing and installed it. As it turns out there was just enough clearence to install the shifter paw with the bearing in. I trimmed .118" off the shaft to accomadate the wider bearing and all looks good to go. Well with the exception of I am not pleased with the excessive play in the new bearing. My experience with ball bearings is they tend to have a zero to a slight side play in the inner race, however this one allows me to rock the shaft about an 1/8". I also discovered the main shaft seals are discontinued and had to find replacements for them too.

Bearing Installed with shifter Paw clearence

Bearing Installed with shifter Paw clearence

Shaft trimmed down

New Main Shaft replacement seals with 2 options for the right side shown on the left.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:51 am 
BOTM Winner

Been working on the gas tank as of late. Almost done. Here it is mocked up for final fit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:18 am 
BOTM Winner

Weekend Updates, Completed Trans assembly with new 2 piece Driven clutch shaft and Gas Tank.
Installation complete.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:48 am 
BOTM Winner

Project Updates:

Motor tork stop assembly

Motor tork stop assembly Installed

New Laser cut Rotor Installed

Long Travel Front suspension Installed

Exhaust System Installed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:22 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Hope you can bring it memorial day weekend, I'd like to see it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:29 am 
BOTM Winner

I dought it will be done by then. Hell my Woods Buggys not even ready ! :( :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:56 pm 

[quote="Odyknuck"]Project Updates:

Exhaust System Installed

that thing is badass.

what are those two black thingies above the exhaust ports?

and thanks for those rear trailing arms! they worked out perfect

mike

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:13 pm 
BOTM Winner

The two black things are RAVE exhaust valves. Typically 2 strokes have a fully open exhaust port that has no mechanical valves like a 4 stroke. This works fine for 3/4 to full throttle however not real well below that. So in comes the Variable Exhaust Port to compensate for the lower velocitys encounterd at lower RPMs. Similar to the Variable cams systems they have in the modern automobile engines like the 2006 and later Subaru's.
Glad the arms worked out for ya. Are you done yet? lol. get that wiring Harness sent to Tom?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:57 pm 

That is killer....Can't wait to see it finished!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:30 pm 

Odyknuck wrote:
The two black things are RAVE exhaust valves. Typically 2 strokes have a fully open exhaust port that has no mechanical valves like a 4 stroke. This works fine for 3/4 to full throttle however not real well below that. So in comes the Variable Exhaust Port to compensate for the lower velocitys encounterd at lower RPMs. Similar to the Variable cams systems they have in the modern automobile engines like the 2006 and later Subaru's.
Glad the arms worked out for ya. Are you done yet? lol. get that wiring Harness sent to Tom?

thats interesting. never heard of a rave exhaust valve. learn something new everyday.

my buggy is getting close but it's gonna be a miracle to have it done in time for memorial day :cry: i'm sweating like a whore in church to atleast get it drivable by then. i decided to tackle the harness myself because i still have alot of stuff to buy and money is getting tight. just took all the loom off the harness today and i swear there is enough wire in there to go half way around the world :oops: i think i can figure it out though.

mike

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:34 am 
BOTM Winner

Well almost done with the project. I still need to make a front bumper and a skid plate. It is now drivable and now the motor and clutch tuning begins. I will say with what tuning I have done so far you can not keep the front end on the ground on asphalt. Here is the photobucket link:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:29 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Nice build thread! Now get it out there and get some videos of this machine in action.where's the cooler going to be mounted? Thought it was hard to keep up following before now your gonna be flying through the woods,lol.Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:15 am 
BOTM Winner

Its not a cooler hauler it's a 138HP single seater. No time for coolers! :roll: :wink:

Board index » General » Buggy Builds