It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:45 am

Board index » General » Buggy Builds

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: new frame
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:09 pm 
Master fabricator

Cyle, looks good and all that but do yourself a favor. Get rid of the "aircraft" style fillers on the tanks. They will leak water in and gas out and the dirt will collect around the edge of the cap and end up in your tank.
I would suggest somthin like this.
http://store.summitracing.com/largeimag ... 0193_w.jpg
Keep the photos comming.

G
A

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:00 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

MadMike wrote:
Cyle, looks good and all that but do yourself a favor. Get rid of the "aircraft" style fillers on the tanks. They will leak water in and gas out and the dirt will collect around the edge of the cap and end up in your tank.
I would suggest somthin like this.
http://store.summitracing.com/largeimag ... 0193_w.jpg
Keep the photos comming.

only thing about the cap mike shows is it is 12 bolt, you need a 6 bolt... good luck finding one i was at summit dealing with them for liek a half hour trying to get them to find me a 6 bolt cap, no luck.. i think im going to make my own, but anyways looks badass cyle can't wait to see it done!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:08 pm 

we wont be bringing this buggy to curts climb when predetar put in the tranny mounts they put the tranny a inch higher than a regular buggy making 930 cv's the only cv that will work with that set up i dont know what they were thinking. but we are out of time and budget mabey we will have it running for spring. we have had alot of problems with this frame but this one really sucks. if somebody is thinking of buying one of these frames send me a pm i can tell you what to look for to save you some time and money.

DAREK (BAJA1965)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:43 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Darek don't candy coat it tell us what ya realy mean :shock: :wink:
that sucks I was looking foward to seeing this buggy complete

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:42 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

baja1965 wrote:
we wont be bringing this buggy to curts climb when predetar put in the tranny mounts they put the tranny a inch higher than a regular buggy making 930 cv's the only cv that will work with that set up i dont know what they were thinking. but we are out of time and budget mabey we will have it running for spring. we have had alot of problems with this frame but this one really sucks. if somebody is thinking of buying one of these frames send me a pm i can tell you what to look for to save you some time and money.

DAREK (BAJA1965)

that sucks any way around using 930s let me know if i can help

Jesus loves me, but everyone else thinks im an asshole.

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:17 am 
Global moderator

Sounds like they are designed around 930's,,thems good joints..I found some empis for $30 each shipped and boots for $6 shipped,. Wild Willie say's the empis are good if you do a little work on them. Hang in there it will be worth it. I got some 930 stubs I can bring to curts too if that will help. Plus some arms too. etc. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:01 pm 

Got my buggy all done besides the axles going to get 930's. Notice all the hills in the background.

cyle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:57 pm 
Site Admin

Damn Cyle, you did an excellent job, just wish you could make it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:23 pm 
Hill Climber

That turned out really nice Cyle. I know you have big plans for some serious Shadetree Power soon also. You will like it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:17 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

cant the problem be fixed with 19 1/4 axles :?:
or flat spacers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:36 pm 
WB Contributor

Jeff told me that he is running Type 2 bus with this set up as you have. I didn't go that rought and had mine set up for bus and not flat panned it. If you have the axles and bus Cv's test it out and maybe you can make it still.

The Wild Kids

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:57 pm 

I have bus cvs and axles when i tried to put them on the cv was a half inch from the stub axle and I had about 27 degrees on the cvs. My old buggy had the same setup but the tranny was a inch lower and it worked fine. I will just get better cvs and axles and it will be ok.

cyle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:15 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

why not use vanagan long axels with bus joints get some 3x5 arms from Dean problem solved
I have 2 axels the long vanagan if you want to try them Karen ran them for years till I CD her buggy they still work fine . Use bus joints save bucks
she ran them with 38TSL with a 2276
let me know I'll bring them

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:07 pm 

that thing looks nice cyle heck of some good work i got a question was it cold outside

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:15 pm 

Great job, You just can't go wrong with a Predator frame. Iv been trying to get a price on one, ? did you give for your's ?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:01 am 

Cyle just found your post. This is Jeff from Predator Buggy. I can't remember the torsion that we installed in that buggy if the stops were cut out or not it has been a while. That buggy can be set up with bus joints. I run them on my personal buggy at 23 degrees, race prepped with limit straps. If you will do this it will work for you and you will only loose a little ground clearance. When you flat bottom a buggy the transmission naturally sets higher as you loose the drop that is on the stock vw horns. If you drop the cvs on the transmission it drops the front of the transmission and causes the motor to set at a angle which tipically will cause a buggy to be light in the front end and wheelie. It takes a little time to set up but if you put your limit straps on turn buckles you can crank them to the exact axle angle that you need. Another thing that is coming into play if I am seeing the pics right is we set up for a six rib which has a bigger pumkin area so that keeps you from setting the tranny lower. If we would have set this up specifically for a three rib we could have lowered the tranny more but we asumed that someone would put in a six rib as 99% do on a single seater. Sorry for the problems that you are having sometimes we assume that people know how to set them up because it has become so common place to us. If you have any trouble please feel free to contact us and we will help you in any way that we can. We always want happy customers and although you did not buy the frame direct from us we still want our frames to show out good. This is no more than good business so we are more than willing to help in any way we can. We eventually want to add a section to our web site that tells how to do all this and will eventually do this. We are hoping that this will help folks and make set up easier. To the guy that is asking the price for this frame it is $1400.00 for a complete frame.
Cyle let me know if you do not care I will also add you to our customer rides by cutting one of the pictures from you post and adding them to our site. Oh also want to say how good of a job you did getting your buggy together it really looks good. This is the exact frame my son rides and it really works great. My son in law was driving it and ran it up on a tree nearly straight up and it didnt act like it wanted to come over at all. Good luck and good riding!

Board index » General » Buggy Builds