It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:36 am

Board index » General » Buggy Builds

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:58 pm 

As some of you know I've been away from the buggy scene for awhile but I'm getting back into the game again and picking up my new buggy Saturday...hope to post some pics soon and hit the trails sooner!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:03 pm 

Addictive.

You Yanks and your fad of making up words that already exist :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:24 pm 

What can we say we make it up or butcher it as we go 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:38 pm 

Yes we do....maybe I should have put "Ain't buggys addicting"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:05 pm 

Is this a buggy site or a grammer site? Or a comedian one. How was my grammer on that one ? I no I mispelled somtin. Yes buggies are addicting addictive and more. I wish I was riding right now!!!!!!!! Yo what up Rick ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:06 pm 
WB Contributor

i've been buggy riding and beetle driving since the mid 70's.but every week it is something broke , something bigger,even when every thing is good , it's a spark plug , oil, a wheel bearing.I'd be a rich man if I could stay out of Auto Zone and the gas and time just to go there. Now add up all this x 30 plus years. You'd need 3 calculators. All that money could have been invested and built a dam good retirement.I think I sent Mr. Scat's kids thru college and mr Bug Pack's wife has a facelift and a butt and boob job off me!Beat the addiction!There will always be someone with something bigger or better!Ride small save large!It will even affect your job performance because a co worker will come in to work ready to go. You will drag in and won't get woke up til 10:30, because that trailing arm had to be straightened the nite before and the tie rod the nite before it and it will NEVER stop!It will then trickle down and affect your family.Who said it? I said it after 30+ years.I have 5 broke buggies in the yard. A busted steering gear box on one, a worn bushing, a stretched timing chain, dual carb balancing and 1 with all the parts robbed of of it for others.My 4x4 Dodge has a cracked head from pulling a buggy out of the cold river. My s-10 blazer is my favorite. $800 5 years ago and it pulls busted buggies out of big valleys still.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:54 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Location: rittman,ohio ----------- wellsville, water cooled chapter
Luvs me some dem buggies to . But wy they costa cost so much bling fo dem ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:17 pm 

2800passat wrote:
i've been buggy riding and beetle driving since the mid 70's.but every week it is something broke , something bigger,even when every thing is good , it's a spark plug , oil, a wheel bearing.I'd be a rich man if I could stay out of Auto Zone and the gas and time just to go there. Now add up all this x 30 plus years. You'd need 3 calculators. All that money could have been invested and built a dam good retirement.I think I sent Mr. Scat's kids thru college and mr Bug Pack's wife has a facelift and a butt and boob job off me!Beat the addiction!There will always be someone with something bigger or better!Ride small save large!It will even affect your job performance because a co worker will come in to work ready to go. You will drag in and won't get woke up til 10:30, because that trailing arm had to be straightened the nite before and the tie rod the nite before it and it will NEVER stop!It will then trickle down and affect your family.Who said it? I said it after 30+ years.I have 5 broke buggies in the yard. A busted steering gear box on one, a worn bushing, a stretched timing chain, dual carb balancing and 1 with all the parts robbed of of it for others.My 4x4 Dodge has a cracked head from pulling a buggy out of the cold river. My s-10 blazer is my favorite. $800 5 years ago and it pulls busted buggies out of big valleys still.

whos side are you on here :? ..riding buggies is not cheap, nobody ever said it was but there is alot worse "habits" out there that WILL drain you of lifes possessions.. drugs, gambling, women.. the list goes on. i love the sport, and most of the guys and gals associated with it :D i enjoy fixing and tinkering with my (or any) buggy, and buying new and improved parts is always exciting 8) with that being said, would you trade all the good times and memories youve had in your buggy for every red cent back that you spent on them :?:

Save a tree... eat a Beaver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:10 pm 

Agreeing with Reno here. I LOVE buggies I've been Ridin since I can remember and probably before that! I. Believe my first ride was when I was still in the womb! I've been addicted my whole life and that will not ever stop! Every dollar I've put into them has been worth seein the Smile on my wife's face and when my baby is old enough on hers too!! I've takin ppl for rides and its a good feelin to put a smile on their face. So I say if u have to cry about all the money, find a new hobby!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:27 pm 

Lmao I just saw ad for rehab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:39 pm 
WB Contributor

I think it is more like an affliction as much if not more than an. Addiction. I think the addiction comes from the adrenaline. I feel like some of the others that the fun and comradely is worth far more than any amount of money. Besides my buggy is the one thing thing I own that is paid for.

Lets ride boys smoke em if you got them tires that is! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:31 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

If not for the budweiser and crown and moonshine I don't think it would be near as expensive as it is :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:52 pm 

Red Barron wrote:
I think it is more like an affliction as much if not more than an. Addiction. I think the addiction comes from the adrenaline. I feel like some of the others that the fun and comradely is worth far more than any amount of money. Besides my buggy is the one thing thing I own that is paid for.

Lets ride boys smoke em if you got them tires that is! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

on point red 8) its not just the fun of riding and climbing, but getting out there with the fellas cracking jokes and bullshiting in general.. have met alot of cool people and made many a friend through riding buggies. most of the time when we get together, its to go riding.. win win :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:04 am 
WB Contributor

slow down. I said i've been addicted to them aswell as everyone. My measage is don't go to far!My 4 years in the Air Force, I worked on my buggy while my friends went to college. They became pilots. They flew the fighter jets and made 3 times the $ and limped back in for us tired mechanics to deal with.They never had to put one dollar , any fuel or parts into the jet.Never got cold or rained on.Austin's mother hated buggies and woods so we did not get along and we divorced and had no more children.Buggies came b4 job performance. Buggies selected the wrong houses for me.Buggies came b4 GOD. Oh yeah... God says he is a jealous god and if you love something more than him he will destroy it. Maybe thats why I have beat on broke buggies with no end . No one that I know of has driven more buggys, or drove VW's.A/C from '77-02 as main transportation.Or cut more hills and roads or drank as many Nackrel Lites. :P I still can't beat the buggy addiction. I will be out there this week end.Save up and get a good buggy and drive moderatly (like Reno) :lol: so you don't stay broke mechanically and finacially.My priorities should have been God,health,education, carreer,income, home and family last.Why is family last? Because all of these take care of family.I'm extremly proud of you Reno and your new family. If we have all these in order, then by all means go get your toys.Instead I was a happy idiot tore up from the floor up face down in the woods with an abused broke buggy over and over cycle.Blowing my family's money.I'm just trying to point a new guy into a more productive and responsible life.Balance your lives and buggies.Don't tip the scale like I did. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:39 am 

nothing but love dave, but dont be so hard on yourself.. me and austin fed off your addiction ( and your fridge full of nakrel lites) for years. You, my dad, billy vann, etc. raised us in the woods of fdale.. instead of doing school work on the weekends, i would take my buggy to school and leave goin straight to the woods to ride and hang out with yall all weekend 8) hind site is always 20-20 but lookin back, would you have done it any other way?? i hope not cause you wouldnt be cedric, tow up from the flo up face down in the woods :lol: :lol: you along with me, and everyone else thats been bit by the bug, has been and will continue to feed the "addiction" till we cant do it anymore :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:30 am 

Sorry guys I wasn't trying to start a debate....I was just saying I've been off of the woods buggy site for awhile and sold my buggy a few years back but I'm picking up a new one Saturday...just saying once you have a buggy it's hard to get away from them. Moderation should always be used with any sport like this because we all know it doesn't matter how nice or how fast your buggy is someone has a better one. I just wanna ride again because my boy is getting big enough now he will really enjoy it so with that being said ill be posting pics soon of my new ride and look forward to riding again! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:39 am 

Me and big 70 Chevy used to go up richlands furnace almost every weekend. Burned that place up. Miss it a lot. You guys have any places to ride up there right now ? It's been a long time ago. My first rail.would like to hit some trails up there again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:44 am 

be sure and post pics of the new buggy 8).. not sure what id do if i didnt a have a buggy, ive had hot rods, 4x4s, fourwheelers and dirtbikes.. nothing compares to a buggy. i have a new lil boy and im lookin forward to the day when he gets to go riding with me :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:27 pm 
WB Contributor

Reno, It is awesome my little boy went to Wind Rock with me the weekend following Thanks giving. It was cold but he had a blast. Some of my favorite pictures came from that day. My little guy was 2 1/2 but has has been riding in the wagon since he was just 11 months old, on the road of course.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:08 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Trying to stay out of the wallet for a year or two on buggies myself. Gotta due some bill trimming, few bad years with work just killed me, lol. Gotta 7 month old boy and need to build a four seat tank so mama and him can come along. Just need to pay off some old stuff so I can buy new stuff, damn this is gunna be hard lmao! Bit addicted myself :mrgreen: Did get a brand new 5000# winch in trade for some work and 4 new smaller brighter LED lights from pops as demos (FREE) so I have some new toys to add at least!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:40 am 
WB Contributor

I here you Passat, Growing up I thought everyone had a buggy and welding machines in the garage. Yeah I should have finished my 4 year degree and if I had paid a little more attention to my first wife and not so much to my buggies, hunting truck, hunting, guns, and work well I would still be broke and wouldn't have the love of my life (my wife) and my second love my son. Both love me and my buggy. I could be rich but its more fun being happy with great friends that will pull our butts back to camp when are cars are broke or we have had to much at the bar. To that I say make God first, family second, and the rest is a matter of choice. Never seen a head stone that said I should have spent more time at work. Find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life.(still trying to find that one). :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:36 pm 

I posted a couple sneak peek pics of my new buggy in the gallery under My Buggy....check em out!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:21 pm 

:evil: What do you mean addicted? I can quit any time that I want. :twisted: :twisted: I am glad that I dont want to quit. :D
Kenric

Board index » General » Buggy Builds