It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:34 am

Board index » General » Buggy Builds

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:03 pm 

im looking to build a rail buggy of sorts in the future. im thinking v8 (383 strocker) front mounted, 4x4. i was gonna go just wide enough for 2 seats and use full size axles so i could run whatever tire size i want. my goal was to make one i could drive daily, drag race and go muddin just by changing ride height and tires. im thinking straight axels with leaf spring suspension. just like 2 leafs so i have lots of travel but a simple system. im gonna put hooks on both axles and have winch front and rear to change ride height on the fly. i would love to be able to set it up to do auto cross too. so pretty much a make it as power dense at possible while still getting decent fuel mileage. im tying to figure out whether to stat off with a pipe fame, or like an s-10 frame

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:18 pm 

I'm not telling you to leave or anything but just saying that Pirate4x4 might have more of what your looking for? More information, but hel* im sure we could help think somehting up. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:40 pm 

thanks, just trying to get a plan together

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:51 pm 
WB Contributor

stay with buggies.Best fun per dollar. A small truck can haul it.Easy to drag out of the woods. Easy to fix.I hooked up to a big trailer once with my Nissan and it struggled with their empty trailer! Very few people have put money away in their younger life because of toys.Put away a dollar and get 4 back in 2035.Many people in there 70's HAVE to get up and go to work. I am about to walk out at 50 this summer.Every time someone falls into an economical situation the $20k toy is sold for $8k.That 12k loss could have grown into $48thousand!So buy or build a 2-$6k toy.Sorry just trying to keep you in our game.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:51 am 

yea. i need to do it as cheap as possible. im very mechanicly inclined and weld and fabricate so i can alot of the work myself. if i use an s -10 im just gonna use the frame, no body or anything. about the only things im not sue of is what chassis to start off with, and what suspension to use

Board index » General » Buggy Builds