It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:43 pm

Board index » General » Buggy Builds

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:02 am 
WB Contributor

figured i'd start me athread since i'm doing a over haul! but i started out with 2 peices of junk and took good parts off of both to start withImageImage built a 1641 with 3 rib and ended up with this ImageImageImageImageImage cant get much muddier than this!! got new carb weber 40 for that motor then it blew up! go figureImageImagegot me some v treads and cut emImage[img][IMG]http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu353/diamonddav/20120411_203228.jpg[/img]http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu353/diamonddav/Picture090.jpg[/img]this was three years of work on this and rode real hard, not the baddest but has served me well, so after a tcomplete tear down and about 3000$ worth of parts heres where im headed! then got a 1776 motor with all new ,about everything!! these pics are at the hill climb at wheelers in ohio last yearImageImage new parts , rack and pinion, new pedals , cutter, 3inch raised spindles, 3xx3 arms, bus cv's with chromoly cages, polished and clocked!! seat covers and belts, stereo, shifter, calipers, bumper, yada, yada, you'll seeImageImageImageImageImagenow the tear down and rebuildImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:11 am 
WB Contributor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7P4J7PYRtI heres a vid from some time ago 8)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:52 am 

Good luck with the rebuild, looking good!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:30 am 

looking good dave get er done buddy and lets ride :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:41 pm 
WB Contributor

ImageImageImagefinished the other half of the x brace, made new o shit handle and foot rest to fit the wifey cause she rides there the most :shock: yeh i allready seen it coming :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i crack myself up!!!!!!!new shifter mount and quick disconnect. had to use a sedan shift box cause noone had the bus one but i'm a fab genius cant you tell :lol: oh yeh new sidebars to keep my drunk ass in the buggy and a bumper to save my beam from the trees!!!! :twisted: Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:59 pm 
WB Contributor

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:05 pm 
WB Contributor

almost for got my little wings!! should have seen them when i tacked em on backwards :lol: :lol: Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:11 am 

Can i drive it first Dave ...just to make sure it's safe :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:51 pm 
WB Contributor

all fab work is done and the paint is flyin, everyone and there cars are orange :roll: ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:49 am 
WB Contributor

stupid site :evil: :evil: i spent forever once to do this and hit submit only to have it say you need to be logged in :evil: anyhow, hugger orange is the color and black of course,WHO-DEY!!!paint is on and looks bad. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:43 pm 

looks good!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:12 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Looks good.you going to get it together for wellsville? Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:47 pm 
WB Contributor

thanks guys. and chad im tryin real hard for wellsville bud, just lots to do and not enough hours in the day, starting to assemble it, front end with 3 inch lift, all new ball joints, tie rods, stainless stell nuts and bolts :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 3x3 arms, stainless braided brake lines :mrgreen: :mrgreen: rollin with the same wheels and tires for now just gonna clean them up, but its comin together, spent ALOT of money on this and im damn sure gonna make it look good the second time around :shock: ImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:57 pm 
WB Contributor

looks nice

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:51 pm 

all them extra lbs ...i no a guy that could build a nice 2500 :shock:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:11 pm 

Where did you get the wheels from?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:48 pm 
WB Contributor

got em of of craiglist some time ago.got the front end all together, front brakes are going on it but have to fab up a mounting bracket, and my ass is itching to ride ,so, it'll happen later! seats and belts are in, new pedals, put the old roof and lights back on, but im replacing it with diamond plate, moving the lights down and replacing them with h.i.d. lights bright as all hell. shocks are on as well, as is motor and tranny :D ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:09 pm 
WB Contributor

lookin good D...r u going to dirt days? its not lookin like my buggy will be ready BUT harlan county here i come,even if i have to walk!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:46 am 

Its been a few days how about an update...how do you like that extra bar you added since you put the padding on it? When i did mine i followed the contour of the bottom bar and it was to tight, had to cut it back out and make it wider...there was no elbow room

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:23 pm 
WB Contributor

rick i love that extra bar, makes it feel safer too! i've had it all back together and apart several times now, between tryin to get the torsion adjusted right, which sucks ass! and stripped out studs in the rotors pissin me off, and one rotor got a little warp to it,so i figure i've spent so much allready ,off to drews i go this afternoon for two new rotors.got a little touch up paint to do now also from all the beating and bangin of getting it assembled. i'm confused between show buggy and woodsbuggy :lol: now my motor and tranny arent centered up very well, i hate the undercarriage, and my tranny mount that bolts to the frame horns is all jacked up, so replacing that and gonna build a new undercarriage.... got the diamond plate for the roof and hopefully my lights will be in today so i can mount them and my speakers. gonna bust ass on it this weekend so i'll have plenty more pics to put up.thinking about starting a cable show called "FLIP THIS BUGGY" :lol: oh yeh and i missed wellsville which sucks but i will not miss dirt days at haspin :evil:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:15 pm 

don't buy new rotors drill them out and put will studs in them...stock vw studs suck and will strip on the trail its not a matter of if, just when :shock:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:00 pm 
WB Contributor

Rick wrote:
Its been a few days how about an update...how do you like that extra bar you added since you put the padding on it? When i did mine i followed the contour of the bottom bar and it was to tight, had to cut it back out and make it wider...there was no elbow room

my buggy has that extra bar also...i love it, feels like youre gettin in a race car...and plenty of room

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:02 pm 
WB Contributor

diamonddav wrote:
rick i love that extra bar, makes it feel safer too! i've had it all back together and apart several times now, between tryin to get the torsion adjusted right, which sucks ass! and stripped out studs in the rotors pissin me off, and one rotor got a little warp to it,so i figure i've spent so much allready ,off to drews i go this afternoon for two new rotors.got a little touch up paint to do now also from all the beating and bangin of getting it assembled. i'm confused between show buggy and woodsbuggy :lol: now my motor and tranny arent centered up very well, i hate the undercarriage, and my tranny mount that bolts to the frame horns is all jacked up, so replacing that and gonna build a new undercarriage.... got the diamond plate for the roof and hopefully my lights will be in today so i can mount them and my speakers. gonna bust ass on it this weekend so i'll have plenty more pics to put up.thinking about starting a cable show called "FLIP THIS BUGGY" :lol: oh yeh and i missed wellsville which sucks but i will not miss dirt days at haspin :evil:

are you going to harlan county with us?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:07 pm 
WB Contributor

Rick wrote:
don't buy new rotors drill them out and put will studs in them...stock vw studs suck and will strip on the trail its not a matter of if, just when :shock:

yeh i know rick had that happen before, this was the studs that messed up, so new rotors are on it now, so problem fixed. lights and speakers are mounted , diamond plate roof is on. got to adjust my torsion again :evil: now that i have a angle finder instead of guessing at it! remount the shocks, and figure out some sort of limit strap set up :roll: its comin along , and has came a loooooonnnngggggggg way from what it was! totally different buggy. i got a shit load of pics to put up when i can find time to mess with stupid photobucket.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:02 pm 
WB Contributor

damn...he just straight ignored my question...see who pulls you out of the woods now diamond dave :shock:

Board index » General » Buggy Builds