It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:28 am

Board index » General » Buggy Builds

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:27 pm 

[img]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff190/volksdude2007/buggy4.jpg[/I[IMG]http://i242.photobu[IMG]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff190/volksdude2007/buggy2.jpg[/img]cket.com/albums/ff190/volksdude2007/buggy3.jpg[/ImageIMG]MG]

this is a buggy i picked up for 1500 off a guy i know around my house it was sitting for years at his butcher shop the motor was seized on it and carb was junk but i tore it down and slapped a new coat of allis chalmers orange tractor type paint on it and repainted the rims i put new pistons and cylinders on it, it is a 1915 with engle 110 cam port and polished heads lightened 8 dowell flywheel with stock 8 dowell crank 09 distributor with electronic points and bosch coil bolted to a 3 rib tranny with a little work done to it he said i also got a brand new cnc single handle cutter brake and a 6 rib trans which i gave to my brother for his buggy and some other small odd and ends i decided to go back to vw beings i know a little more on them then my other buggy which had a 2.2 subaru motor in it i just wanted to go back to a basic trail rider occassional hill climb buggy i am goign to run the drum brakes on it for this season getting a little tight on cash still need to purchase a 1 wire alternator and picking up a set of dual carbs for it tommorow other than that it should work out good for what i will be doing with its by no means nothing like allot of your buggys on here but will atleast get me back into the woods with one 8) cant wait to get this thing all wrapped up and talk my bro into goign to wellsville when the weather breaks :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:32 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Congrats on your new ride it's looking good.Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:55 pm 

Looking good! I like the orange

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:34 am 

nice looking buggy .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:51 am 

(had a 2.2 subaru motor ) good looking buggy welcome back from the dark side :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:24 am 
WB Videographer

Looks good! 8)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:42 pm 

these are the carbs i bought off a guy wednesday got them put on they fit good in the frame

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:44 pm 

new lights i bought last night upgraded from a set of 55 watt to 100 watt now just to do all the wiring :roll: :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:46 pm 

this is the control box box i decided to go with a while ago nice small and easy trying to keep this buggy nice and simple for the trails

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:53 pm 

cant really tell in the picture but i made brackets out of flat steel and raised my seats uo 1 1/2 inch in the front to give a little lean back to them then tapped threads into the steel so i dont have to try and fight putting nuts on the bottom in the tight space. now all i need to do is the wiring get the fuel pump ordered buy seat belts and get the brakes hooked uop then i am ready to take it for the first ride i cant wait to run it its been a long time since i last ran one its going on 3 years my last one sat for the last 2 years i owned it then i traded it off on craigslist ive been doing everything right this time around my last one was a learning experience for me it was my first buggy and had its flaws from my stupid mistakes lack of buggy knowledge but i have allot better feeling the seconf time around :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:31 pm 

Looking good. Coming to wellsville on may 5th?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:08 pm 

whats going on may 5 may have to put it on the calender im wanting to get down there once i get this thing going :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:10 pm 

never mind answered my own question im probably gonna be there but wont be competing just a spectater in a buggy :) heres a question i know oak tree is closed now and they say you have to park up in the village is there an easier way other than going in past scooby my problem is i have a 18 ft trailer that sits extremley low to the ground and dont think it will have the clearence to go in that way or is there another parking lot somewhere right off the road you can park at? ive only ever parked at oak tree by daves shack

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:28 pm 
Site Admin

Is that curt peffers old buggy?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:38 pm 

No denny wrights

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:22 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Looks good glad the carbs fit.I'd get some covers for your filters or get the adapters to put the 2stage breathers on them.setting right beside your tires they catch a lot of mud and water and dust right there.the life of a vw is always keep your air,oil and gas clean and they will last a long time.I wrap my filters with a panty hose for just a little more protection myself.but it's looking good,be riding before to long.Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:55 pm 

volksdude2007 wrote:
never mind answered my own question im probably gonna be there but wont be competing just a spectater in a buggy :) heres a question i know oak tree is closed now and they say you have to park up in the village is there an easier way other than going in past scooby my problem is i have a 18 ft trailer that sits extremley low to the ground and dont think it will have the clearence to go in that way or is there another parking lot somewhere right off the road you can park at? ive only ever parked at oak tree by daves shack

I just asked a similar question on wellsville trails .com. I have a very low sitting tow veh. They have been working on that road and said they plan to do more work before the event. Those in charge of the viilage assured me that if i pick my line carefully i would have no problem.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:21 am 
BOTM Winner

volksdude2007 wrote:

you can always park in the free zone,crossing the rr tracks is no longer a problem for low trailers. someone got smart (the railroad?) and paved a nice smooth transition over the tracks

i cant wait to run it its been a long time since i last ran one its going on 3 years my last one sat for the last 2 years i owned it then i traded it off on craigslist ive been doing everything right this time around my last one was a learning experience for me it was my first buggy and had its flaws from my stupid mistakes lack of buggy knowledge but i have allot better feeling the seconf time around :D

i sure know how that feels :roll:

**********"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
- Antonio Meloni

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:11 am 

man! almost a twin in looks to mine!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:01 pm 

Thanks guys im not even sure where to get into the freezone plumberbill maybe i can get good directions for there when it gets close to time of me having this thing finished but i am glad to here there is optional parking

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:53 pm 

Well im ready to start this thing up for the first time tommorow little to late to do it tonight i was wondering how you guys ran your fuel lines on any of you that has dual carb setup let me know if this will work fine i ran it to my stock fuel pump from the tank then the line to the carbs i t'd it off to run one to each carb. This may be a dumb question but the only way i seen it to work thanks guys

Board index » General » Buggy Builds