It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:22 pm

Board index » General » Buggy Builds

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Guys
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:12 am 
WB Contributor

Hey, I want to talk to the young guys that are going to fill our shoes when us old guys pull up on our motorized cart.Us old guys need to get together and define their direction into the future.We must pass on our mistakes so they don't repeat them. Where do we need to send them? The economy is ruined. They can NOT afford California stuff because they had BEST be in a school or college somewhere.I think FWD ,others think Mendola and it's evident VW trans will be totally extinct in 5 years so what do we tell them without Fu#7nG them.California will get us to where we have to eat out of thier hands and the junk yard is full of cheap violent HP.I know nothing can put out as much HP per weight than a vw but look at these violent V6's and V8's that are eating our lunch. I don't have the answer and we all have good rides, but where is the future?When we sit back in our rocker in 2025 we can feel good that we got together and passed the torch.

Post subject: Re: New Guys
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:31 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

i know i will be running a aircooled vw till the day they no longer are around its what got me to loving buggies and i would not want anything else i would switch to a chaindrive is aircooled ever went out i dont mins spending the extra money for what i love about buggies

I DO NOT FREE BASE COCAINE

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:45 am 
Global moderator

necessity is the mother of invention. I imagine in 20 years some folks will say " aint that what DD was talking bout but with battery power"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:56 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

You know if I was going to pass anything on it would be to never forget sh!t happens,things break,yes you can always go bigger but that's not always better starting out.but spend the money for quality parts once,it will save you more than just money in the long run.Don't try and be a hero,start out on the pus hills and learn your buggy,it's not always how good of a driver you are but how you react to what your buggies going to do,and everybody's buggy and feel is different so it will take awhile to get it where you like it but that's a never ending thing your always changing things up and that's part of the fun.you can take a 1641,3 rib starting out and have a blast.then go up to a 1915 with the first rebuild,maybe good set of heads,can run this engine anywhere you need to go for years as long as you keep air oil and gas clean,maintenance is key to longevity.then say four five years into it,and slowly buying bigger motor parts and maybe investing in a good tranny you can go bigger if you want to or put that money towards strengthing the buggy but after this long you will know more of what you need for what you like to do.it's not cheap no route you take,get cheap out of your head,it cost money to play and the harder you play the more you pay,just common sense there,and unless you know someone personally or have reliable people helping you,if it sounds to good to be true it probably is,seen a lot of hard feelings over buying used stuff,so remember think before ya leap,now build it the way you want to,lol.and good luck! Chad :mrgreen:

Board index » General » Buggy Builds