It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:04 pm

Board index » General » Buggy Builds

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:25 pm 

yes i just purchased a warrior front beam with stock width,8 inch shock towers with adjustment ,wont to run rancho on the front ,was wonting to now if anybody out their is running this beam and what shock application are you running,my rear shocks are off a 93 model ford ranger 4x4 running dual rancho on rear,dont know what front shocks to run

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:25 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

It really depends how much you want to spend. Are you keeping the torsion bars? If so, Rancho Shocks may be too stiff for the front.

I am exceptionally cheap. I run autozone shocks on the front of my buggy with the same beam. They cost $8 and have a lifetime warranty.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:24 pm 
WB Videographer

the cheaper the shock the better the shock on front

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:01 am 

Yes iam running the torsion bars,what make of truck did you get those auto zone shocks for,this buggy is only going to be off road,doing hill climbing and riding very rough trails

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:04 am 
WB Videographer

purplerail24 wrote:
Yes iam running the torsion bars,what make of truck did you get those auto zone shocks for,this buggy is only going to be off road,doing hill climbing and riding very rough trails

rear shocks 4 x 4 chevy around a 85 model,,they have the wrong top u jus have to press that peice out

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:42 pm 

Gabriel from auto zone part number 81164 lifetime warranty $16.00. This is what I just put on my 8 over towers. Like Chris said just trim the bottom shock metal bushing that sticks out of the rubber bushing and push out the top metal one.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:25 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I do not remember the vehicle.. I just spent an hour or so going through box after box until I found one I liked. The number on mine is 733518.. They fit great... The extend to 20 inches and compress to about 12 inches. If I go straight up and land hard, they will bottom out but generally speaking they are a great ride and you cannot beat the price.

Here is the info on the shocks.. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Gabriel-Guardian-Shock-Strut-Front/_/N-8oxxw?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=733518&fromString=search&fromType=oem&itemIdentifier=410126_0_0_&oemPartNumber=733518

I have 6 of them on my buggy. 4 on the rear and 2 on the front.. They are even red to match my buggy..

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:19 am 

I've just bought shocks from the rear of a 1970's VW bus for my extended front beam.. fit straight on and have about 9" travel..

Board index » General » Buggy Builds