It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:04 pm

Board index » General » Buggy Builds

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:33 am 

What's up everybody,,,, This is an awesome site, Thanks for having me !!!
Here in Tampa, trying to get my buggy going, here's an attempt to post some pics, let me know what you think.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:03 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Location: rittman,ohio ----------- wellsville, water cooled chapter
Great looking buggy ! does not look like your going to lack hp any ! 8) is it being set up for sand ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:19 pm 
BOTM Winner

Thats a mean lookin buggy!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:40 pm 
WB Contributor

very good lookin buggy! and i love the roof :mrgreen: , was that a 3 rib tranny?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:10 pm 

Thanks, Setting it up for woods/trail riding, it will also see some street time. Yeah it's a 3 rib,,, decided to go with the Ford engine after I already sent the trans out for rebuild. I'm gonna try to run it and see what it does for the time being. My brother runs a 1915 with a 5 rib and he said he would trade me transmissions if I needed to, we'll see.

Currently working on my wiring harnesses, hope to have that close to being done this weekend. Got my front limiting straps in today, those will go on this weekend along with the front shocks. Also putting on the new front tires this weekend. That should wrap the front end up,,,, I hope anyhow.

I used photo bucket last night for the pics, any idea how to make them smaller so the whole pic can be seen ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:15 pm 
WB Contributor

looks great and welcome! that will be alot of hp for a 3 rib :wink: you will need a cautious rite foot :wink: :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:20 pm 

Yeah, When I told the guy that built the trans I decided to go Ford, he kinda laughed and told me to be nice to it.... Didn't make me feel none too good, thats for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:36 pm 
WB Contributor

Matt B. wrote:
Yeah, When I told the guy that built the trans I decided to go Ford, he kinda laughed and told me to be nice to it.... Didn't make me feel none too good, thats for sure.

i understand! i bolted a 2.2 suby to a 3 rib :shock: be nice to it and if/when it goes, then hunt a 6 rib :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:13 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I was a bit surprised... Usually you see a "Newbie" building a basic 1600 stock sandrail... No... you just went straight to the big boys and whipped together a Kick Ass buggy... I really think you need to take "Newbie" off of the title because you have some crazy skills and did an awesome job on your buggy..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:51 pm 

MickeyMouse wrote:
I was a bit surprised... Usually you see a "Newbie" building a basic 1600 stock sandrail... No... you just went straight to the big boys and whipped together a Kick Ass buggy... I really think you need to take "Newbie" off of the title because you have some crazy skills and did an awesome job on your buggy..

Well, I appreciate the hell out of that, but I can't take all of the credit. If it weren't for my brother Mike and a couple of good friends Wade and Randy , I couldn't have done it !!!
I hope to be done with it real soon, might be a whole lot sooner if I could get sway-a-way to send me my spring plates... but thats another story. I'll be working on it all weekend , so hopefully I'll make some progress. Thanks Again !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:00 am 
WB Videographer

is that a chenoweth frame,,,i love the flat roof cars and the whats on the roof

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:24 am 
WB Contributor

Nice ride! Just got a word for new newbies.When you cut and try, cut and try,advance , advance, you waste alot of time and money.I've done it over and over.Bag up your money, learn up on metal fabrication, read up on modern motors and trans, move in to the future, other crabs want to keep you in the pot on the stove with them, pick out a wrecked practical front wheel drive car, buy another identical car for parts.For instance,My 175 hp motor is beatin down on 6 rod bearings and 7 main bearings.Don't waste your time being a newbie.Get in the winner circle early.Got 2 extra $450 motors on the shelf with 2 trans for the future.Partner up with a good friend with the same intrests that will pull up, not down. See yall at Choccolocco. 8)

Last edited by passat2800 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:34 am 
WB Videographer

passat2800 wrote:
When you cut and try, cut and try,advance , advance, you waste alot of time and money.I've done it over and over.Bag up your money, learn up on metal fabrication, read up on modern motors and trans, move in to the future, other crabs want to keep you in the pot on the stove with them, pick out a wrecked practical front wheel drive car, buy another identical car for parts.For instance,My 175 hp motor is beatin down on 6 rod bearings and 7 main bearings.Don't waste your time being a newbie.Get in the winner circle early.Got 2 extra $450 motors on the shelf with 2 trans for the future.Partner up with a good friend with the same intrests that will pull up, not down. See yall at Choccolocco. 8)

im gonna biuld me one of these

NOT

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:57 am 
WB Contributor

Remember , their is no limit to what you can pull out of a car.Here is a list of incidentals you don't have to buy. Header,carbs,oil cooler, oil pump,alternator ,hi torq starter,clutch, pressure plate, flywheel,engine adapter plate,hi $ trans, 4 spyder diff.But, b4 you do it my way , by all means! Get your life in this order. God,education ,good job, family, toys. In a sentence, God gives you the education to get a good job to raise a family, toys will follow.Here are 2 Bible quotes. Put God 1st and all else will follow.And, "It's the wisdom you don't know that will destroy you." I had to learn all this the hard way.Sure I'm well hated ,but after a while it's sorta fun being hated.

Last edited by passat2800 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:58 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

thats a great looking buggy :D

what kind of frame is that?

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:19 am 

chris38375 wrote:
is that a chenoweth frame,,,i love the flat roof cars and the whats on the roof

Actually , it's a Warrior frame that has been "slightly" modified. My friend that I bought the frame from didn't care for the bubble top look so he cut the top off and went with the flat top look. I like the flat roof cars as well, so it worked good for me. As far as the roof goes, I took it up to a local sign shop and had them wrap it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:07 am 
WB Contributor

Buying,building and syncing 2 carbs is much more complicated than a wiring harness.A pair of dykes and 3 toggle switches and yer done.Going into my 3rd year of fuel injection I've never had anything go bad. I had a diff in the trans break, but only because of a bad weld.(205)369-7406

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:20 pm 
WB Contributor

I like it :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:40 pm 

Very Nice..Love the roof!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:30 pm 

Decided to go with a high torque starter, selling the one I took off if anyone is interested, self supporting automatic. Literally just had it rebuilt. Let me know if you're interested.

Board index » General » Buggy Builds