It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:30 pm

Board index » General » Buggy Builds

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:20 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Quote:
Wow. I think I just got wood, cant wait for that event. I say lil hulk, stair step(the hill to the left of 5 jump,grassie, up the middle of slick rock, and grand finalley MT BUZBY. Man im excited. :lol: :D :lol: 8) :shock: :idea: :lol: :) :D 8)

kevin we do it in that order most will be done after first hill lol def them lil kia buggies :twisted: :twisted:

I DO NOT FREE BASE COCAINE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:25 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

jesse wrote:
Quote:
Wow. I think I just got wood, cant wait for that event. I say lil hulk, stair step(the hill to the left of 5 jump,grassie, up the middle of slick rock, and grand finalley MT BUZBY. Man im excited. :lol: :D :lol: 8) :shock: :idea: :lol: :) :D 8)

kevin we do it in that order most will be done after first hill lol def them lil kia buggies :twisted: :twisted:

what about my yugo :twisted: :twisted:

Chris

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:01 am 
WB Contributor

dang willie ,
i'm sorry about your thread , i need to edit a few words on here , forgot it was open thread & b-moore no one is knocking rock or his post on predater buggies , nothing to do with him , or any thing he said , mine is just old ( maybe 18 years thats why i said ol' kia ) , & this has nothing to do with anyones ( two seaters ) but , the ones talkin bout one seaters can't climb is the target here , & by the way how you think lil hulk hill got its name :?: ,you think i bought it off e-bay !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
no one else from here or anywhere else that knows different is the subjects here , i've climbed hills that havent been climbed in several years ( swamp hill , pinball ) to name a few , here in the past few weeks , while most sat & watched , when they climb what i've already climbed , then we'll move onto bigger stuff , i'd like to watch someone else climb some stuff too , its not as fun with one or two climbing !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jesse lookin forward to that smackin round bit though , don't take this to heart , its only a bunch of words till we have the contest , everybody needs to be ready to help each other out in case someone gets in trouble on a hill , no matter what you're drivin , this talk is just " talk " when we start this thing up everybodys there for each other , and by the way , aint it amazing how a slander post gets so much attention , that goes to show you what most people like about this site !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
and chris , your yugo will smoke him too !! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
glad you liked that post b moore , i thought is was pretty funny also , i'll go postal on'em in a minute by god !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by ron on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:08 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:11 am 
WB Contributor

kevin f wrote:

perfect selection k-fed ,
i say just add pinball in the mix & put mt. busby & lil hulk hills at the end & we should have our line-up !!!! :wink: :wink:
can't wait , we need to talk this up at the first few hillclimbs or so , & try to get these hills in order a little , between now & then !!
i was just waiten on my new tires to hit the stairs , theirs some ugly stobs stickin up on this hill , probably gonna look at maybe hitting that hill next time out though ( grassie & tissue are no competetion right now , maybe by the end of the summer , with some washing out ) i climbed them the last four times i've rode there ) could be something to warm up on though , if it a'int changed much there , by the time we have this get togeather , but every week changes the hills out there in fultondale , what you have climbed can quickly turn into what you can't climb in a hurry in this place !!! :wink: :wink:

o.k. willie,
you can have your thread back now , i'm very sorry for bombarding your build thread with this bull !! :lol: :lol:

Last edited by ron on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:36 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Quote:
jesse lookin forward to that smackin round bit though , don't take this to heart , its only a bunch of words till we have the contest , everybody needs to be ready to help each other out in case someone gets in trouble on a hill , no matter what you're drivin , this talk is just " talk " when we start this thing up everybodys there for each other , and by the way , aint it amazing how a slander post gets so much attention , that goes to show you what most people like about this site !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
glad you liked that post b moore , i thought is was pretty funny also , i'll go postal on'em in a minute by god !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

i agree and im just messing around with you ron but we shale put this into action i dont mind giving you my best and i love this kind of thing its fun to talk a lil trash but we all have eachothers backs when it gets to the woods i help anyone i can and i run right to someone stuck on a hil or upside down cause i would hope for the same if i was in that spot i may need it lol i will prob end up on my top a few times this summer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:39 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

and sorry for the hijack willie looking forward to seeing your newest buggy as well get down here to fultondale with us in it when its done

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:44 am 
WB Contributor

jesse wrote:
Quote:

i agree and im just messing around with you ron but we shale put this into action i dont mind giving you my best and i love this kind of thing its fun to talk a lil trash but we all have eachothers backs when it gets to the woods i help anyone i can and i run right to someone stuck on a hil or upside down cause i would hope for the same if i was in that spot i may need it lol i will prob end up on my top a few times this summer

thats what it takes jesse ,
we all put alot on the line everytime we ride hard , and we can only count on each other in the woods to help the other , when were in a bad situation , i've seen you help out several times , its just a little harder for us ol folks to get there as quick , :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
so be glad you got your youth going for ya !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
some people get offended easy & thats not good , if you plan on lookin at this site often , but all in all were all buggy brothers in the end !!
& by the way , pass me the ketchup & mustard please !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:10 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

pipedope wrote:
Larry why do u think so bad of predator buggies i think they are 1 of the best frames out there. If you remember a predator buggy finished pretty good last year with lesser equipment. I JUST THINK YOU NEED TO STOP BASHING THEM SUPER NICE PPL.

I didnt bash noBODY. (Even though I could.) I just dont like it when credit is given where its not due.
Predator builds a safe and durable frame. As you know not every single seater that resembles yours or mine is a Predator but that is what most people incorrectly think and it pisses me off. YOUR predator goes very well. YOU told them how to build it and what to change vs what they usually do, right? (Aint that what you told me in the playground at D&K when it was first done??) You can drive the hell out of it, as everyone knows. And YOURS goes like a bat outta hell.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:18 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

rockrockets1 wrote:
I know it's a brand name. Larry you have a bad habit of talking to folks like they are a dumb ass. Not all of us can be Road Scholar Body man like you the rest of us just get by

Dont start. Its not my fault if someone feels like a dumb ass when they get corrected. :shock: :mrgreen: When I get corrected about something like that I appreciate it, not get offended. Its called LEARNING.

And, by the way, its RHODES Scholar. :wink: :lol: :lol: Which I am definitely not, nor ever claimed to be.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:42 am 
BOTM Winner

Well guys, I broke my silence, I cannot just sit back and see this "Chuck Jones" vs. Predator frames go AWOL like this, I can personally guarantee you guys that Darrell Jones can drive one or another just as good, remember, 90% of the buggy performance is the driver IMO. As far as I am concern, a frame is just a frame and I don't care who builds it, if a lot of people thinks Predator is a bad frame because of the way mine performs, well that is not true, the way the frame is built and done was by my design because of the coil over shocks that I am running, what if my buggy outclimbs all of the KY buggies at D And K? I will bet you that folks will be building buggies with coilovers just because they see one spanked everyones ass and phones will be ringing off the hooks at Jeffs house to have one like mine built. Well, my coil over design is not the "only" way to go, but I have the luxury of the soft, nice ride and it performs to where I am happy with it regardless, I have not broken anything other than hitting that tree at wheeler's last year and I was impress with the way the suspension performs, I also like to have my buggy to look nice to where I took pride in my $$$$ invested in it, if other people want their ride to look like it has been sitting in the backyard covered in tarp and let the parts rust up on and still run it like that, that is their business, not mine. I am not bashing anyone here, let me give you guys a heads up, how did Chuck Jones get the idea to build frames? I would have to say whoever built Mark Settles red 2920 buggy is the founding father and I think that is Hollywood that started all of this and the credit should go to him. I would like to see Predator build a frame excatly the way Bruce or Darrell wants it and it will be no different than the one they have now :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:34 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

You are right about some of this, Chad, but I think you are misinformed about some of it too. I agree with you its driver skill and seat time that makes the most difference. Darrell or Clayton can sit in any buggy and get every last ounce of potential out of it. Their talent is unreal, IMO. Darrell can also do the same on anything on two wheels. Some people are just naturals. But Bruce goes well because of Chuck knowing how to set it up for him. He will tell you that himself. I aint taking nothing away from Bruce, he is badass in his buggy and talented in his own right, but he would not have gone from practically a rookie to one of the best climbers out there in a conventional buggy in one year without Chuck's insight into what Bruce needed. And Bruces dedication to driving 3 hours both ways to go riding every other weekend no matter what the weather or what else was going on for a solid year and LISTENING to the guys who already knew how to do it the best.
Predator took the look of a frame like Mark's old one( as a matter of fact they eventually took measurements off it after building a few they werent real happy with) but totally changed the bottom of it and gave it what they felt were needed improvements. Barely ever even riding buggies at the time, I have no idea why they thought they should change it at all, but they did. They used the upper shape of it as their primary advertisement (namesake , so to speak). And from that point on, everybody who reads this site started calling every angled roof straight race braced single seater a Predator. It is not Preacher mans of Jeff's fault. It just happened. I am not blaming them, just correcting a wrong. Yes, they can build one exctly like Bruce's or Darrell's or anybody's if its sitting there to copy it. But so can many many people. I am not knocking Predator. Their build quality and welding skills are impeccable and they deliver a quality product for the price and treat their customers very well from what I've heard.
It is a very naive statement for you to say a "frame is a frame". Nothing could be further from fact. Not for climbing. It might be a more correct statement to say a good driver can adapt to any frame provided its close to right and not too heavy.
To use some of your own words....let me give you a heads up 8) . Chuck worked with Clayton when all that was being developed. In fact Chuck was Clayton's employee at one time. They rode together and drag raced together for years. It was a combined effort, including ALOT of input from Lewis. Clayton could tell what the buggy needed, and Chuck knew how to transfom that need into the buggy. Lewis had already figured out what worked for himself, and they all had to build their buggies a little different to make them work as perfectly as possible for themselves. And THAT is why you can't really call them cookie cutters. They look the same to most people, but are actually very different. The ones that truly are cookie cutters didnt work very well, like mine. It was built as one of four exact copies. The four was: mine, Rhondas, one ended up being Kim's (originally it was for TIm), and the other went to TN (I think its Ladybug's now). I've had to make several key changes to mine and also Chuck had to on Rhonda's. Maybe thats why Chuck has always required you to be present when he builds you a single seater, and now Predator is doing the same. They also now realize you cant build a "standard" frame that works right for everyone. Chuck does not have the time or the desire to mass produce any frames. He knows the time it takes is not worth the money you make from building a custom frame. Its a "labor of love" and matter of pride and helping out a friend to him. Predator wanted to do it as a fulltime business. That is two different niches.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:02 am 
BOTM Winner

Thanks for clearing this up Larry, I knew I was not 100% accurate somewhere about the facts, I have been debating back and forth on what person will help build a frame for me, now I'm even thinking about building my own, who knows what comes next 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:11 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

i wasnt going to get in on this argument or the hijack but this shit is confusing to me, i was told (but then again i been told AND not told a lot of shit before also) that bruce sutherland built rwb, bruce's, david's, pretty much all the ones that have "extreme rail" cut out in the rear cage :?

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:42 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

you all have Predator frames its just a government conspiracy :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:57 am 

I believe Steve Goforth, maybe. Was the one who built the "Extreme Rails" he had the shop just down the corner from Holywoods old shop, maybe rented it from Clayton. He was the one who "mass produced" the four copys larry was talking about i think.... 8)

John 3:16

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:13 am 
BOTM Winner

Larry i understand how you fill cause all i here is you have one of those KY buggies and yes it is but like you said i did change a lot of stuff on my buggy. But it still sucks every time i here KY buggy. I think im going to help chad build a buggy and i mean a bad ass buggy and call it a buckeye buggy lol. Really chad i think were going to do it.

kybuggy1 wrote:
pipedope wrote:
Larry why do u think so bad of predator buggies i think they are 1 of the best frames out there. If you remember a predator buggy finished pretty good last year with lesser equipment. I JUST THINK YOU NEED TO STOP BASHING THEM SUPER NICE PPL.

I didnt bash noBODY. (Even though I could.) I just dont like it when credit is given where its not due.
Predator builds a safe and durable frame. As you know not every single seater that resembles yours or mine is a Predator but that is what most people incorrectly think and it pisses me off. YOUR predator goes very well. YOU told them how to build it and what to change vs what they usually do, right? (Aint that what you told me in the playground at D&K when it was first done??) You can drive the hell out of it, as everyone knows. And YOURS goes like a bat outta hell.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:21 pm 
BOTM Winner

i guss this is what i get for not keepin up on my buggy build....and yall are all right & wrong.iv been in to buggys for a long time iv had a 4 seater that was built buy clayton.and 2 inlines by steave(extrem rail)and this will be my 2nd buggy by chuck j.and if he didnt have the time to work with me on this buggy i would have had predetor build me one.but chuck is a good buddy his shop is local and its ez to be thier every day to get what i want and to help.and im sure it would be ezer to just tell him id like a buggy that looks like someones.but chuck dont work like that.most of the buggys are custom built to fit the owner.just look at all the buggys he has done thay are not all alike..hell we have cut my new buggy apart twice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:16 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

ridenrace6 wrote:
i wasnt going to get in on this argument or the hijack but this shit is confusing to me, i was told (but then again i been told AND not told a lot of shit before also) that bruce sutherland built rwb, bruce's, david's, pretty much all the ones that have "extreme rail" cut out in the rear cage :?

WTH?? Nooo. Bruce S. built rwb for himself. Chuck built Bruce's. Steve Goforth built David Hills.
Crambo wrote:
I believe Steve Goforth, maybe. Was the one who built the "Extreme Rails" he had the shop just down the corner from Holywoods old shop, maybe rented it from Clayton. He was the one who "mass produced" the four copys larry was talking about i think.... 8)

Yep. Built 'em all four right next to ech other on his shop floor. I didnt know any better at the time. No way I would take a single seater built like that again. Not that he did a bad job, but I had to change a lot of control mounts and seats n other stuff after I started learning how it needed to be set up, way after powdercoating :( .

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:02 am 

Willie,
I hope you start a new thread on your build...this one is so highjacked you should change the name of it,,lol,(not telling you what to do)..But I for one am very Interested in your build..not drama or a debate on who built whos or whos is better or faster..Just sayin..(its a shame and as far as im concerned its to the point of being disrespectful)..How many of the highjacked post say "sorry for highjacking your thread"..and yet it continues..

Last edited by Russ-the-Buss on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:06 am 
WB Contributor

It's not Slick Rock! It's Jugs hill. So says Julie a year and a half ago. :lol: Slick rock would apply more to that one if you turn right just before Wendy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:11 am 

Russ-the-Buss wrote:
Willie,
I hope you start a new thread on your build...this one is so highjacked you should change the name of it,,lol,(not telling you what to do)..But I for one am very Interested in your build..not drama or a debate on who built whos or whos is better or faster..Just sayin..(its a shame and as far as im concerned its to the point of being disrespectful)..How many of the highjacked post say "sorry for highjacking your thread"..and yet it continues..

Russ I couldn't have said it any better,,,,I seen there were new posts so I wanted to read and see Willies new buggy but I wasted my time reading this bs Sorry Willie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:30 am 
WB Contributor

sorry for hi jacking willie! maybe that will do :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:48 am 
Global moderator

Moved a copy to "woodsbuggy talk" since it is a lot of hijacking,,it can keep on hijacking.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:07 am 

Here are the pics

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:02 am 
BOTM Winner

thanks for posting some of my pics its taking a while to get it together things are being redone & redone just to get this buggy right iv got some mor pics if some one dont mind posting them for me.ill get some more specs in a day or to but for now i can tell you that iv had to move my front seat fwd 6'' more then my single seater and then iv moved the motor and trans 1/2 inch back more then my single seater and im still 100'' ill get some spec's and pics up soon and the plane is to have it all put together buy the end of feb.so i have some seat time be for the first hill climb in al.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » General » Buggy Builds