It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:16 pm

Board index » General » Buggy Builds

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:29 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

looks like no one cares willie.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:22 pm 

I cant wait to see it.I like how he is running a side shift tranny so that the rear seat will sit lower in the frame,brilliant idea Willard.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:13 pm 

cool lookin setup willie. can't wait to see it in action. keep the pics coming 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:33 pm 
WB Contributor

Lookin good willie. I know you and am sure youve got something special up ur sleeve. Good lookin buggy though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:09 am 

kybuggy1 wrote:
Predator took the look of a frame like Mark's old one( as a matter of fact they eventually took measurements off it after building a few they werent real happy with) but totally changed the bottom of it and gave it what they felt were needed improvements. Barely ever even riding buggies at the time, I have no idea why they thought they should change it at all, but they did. They used the upper shape of it as their primary advertisement (namesake , so to speak).

Just wanted to set the record straight on some things that were said. You are right on some of what you said but some is pure assumption! And thank you for complimenting on our workmanship of which I can thank my son in law Darrin. We did pull the measurements on Marks frame because Joel Glass ask Mark if we could do that before we built his frame and if you have seen Joel's frame you will know that we used very little from that but we built Joel what he wanted. I also ask Clayton if he cared that we did that as he was the one that designed and built Marks Frame. There were two frames that were built like Marks and they both went to Oneida TN. Both customers ask that we build their frames like that with very little changes. We didn't change the bottom because we thought it was a better idea it was because customers ask for that except for the first frame that we gave away with Southern Buggies and yes that was a mistake thats why we don't do that any longer. As far as us not riding buggies long I had a buggy when I was 18 and am now 48. My son in law Darrin has been riding since he was a teenager for about 12 years. If you would have said that we were new to hill climbing that would have been a more correct statement. The fact of the matter is that we do use a basic design leaning towards Marks and Steve's buggy as so do most people that build anything that goes well uphill. There are buggies that go out of our shop that when they leave we know that they are not going to go good but that is what the customer ask for so that is what we built them. Some people are just set in what they want. And if I might add Chuck builds a mean frame and has been proven by the way they go and Chuck is a great guy! The truth of the matter is that there is so much that goes into getting a frame to climb good is is unreal. You can take the best frame that we build or Chuck builds and without it being set up correctly it wont climb worth a flip! You said correctly as well that a lot depends on the driver some people are seemingly naturals at hill climbing! We have tied to build our name in the industry and that is hopefully why everyone refers to a lot of buggies that we do not build as predators. The same thing happens all the time how many times do we hear someone call a pepsi a coke because coke has built there name in that industry. I am grateful that are name is so well know in the buggy industry so soon after we have been building frames. But I would like to give the credit to God for that as I have tried to build our business on Christian principles and good workmanship and value for the dollar. We really would like to have Darrin building frames full time that is true but there is not enough business out there just building frames to keep a person busy full time. Especially with the economy the way it is! We have hurt ourselves more than anything as with Darrin working we can not get enough time to build frames quickly like we once could. We have lost a lot of even friends frames as I was honest with them and told them it would be a long time before we could get a frame done for them but I would rather be honest with them than have a disappointed customer. There are those that feel we build the best frame out there just like some feel that Chuck builds the best frame and those that do are willing to wait to get one and we are thankful to them. Not sure if I stirred up another hornets nest here or clarified some misconceptions but really would like for credit to be due were credit is due. Every smart frame builder out there will look at different designs and try and use the best techniques and design from other ideas as well as some of their own. Sometimes you with doing this and come up with something that works well and sometimes you loose and have to make changes. But this is the only way that we will ever progress our sport and improve the industry. We all need to thank Clayton, Chuck, Bee Line, Barrien and all the other builders that started this thing and let us see their ideas. And yes everyone of us builders have taken ideas from all the pioneers of the industry and tried to improve on them. But I don't feel that this is something that anyone needs to be ashamed of or needs to set the record straight on if it was we all would still be driving model T's! Let's all thank God for progress!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:47 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Excellent, professional response on the part of Predator!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:53 am 
BOTM Winner

Jeff well said you are right the customers always right what they want is what they get........
I had u change a few things on my frame it could have not worked but it luckily is one of the best out there,and you did tell me what you thought was the best way on a bunch of other stuff. I also think that Darrin's welding skills are some of the best ive seen.I wouldnt let this crap bother you theirs only a couple ppl thats defending there frame builder Chuck and im with you Chuck is a super nice guy.
THANK YOU FOR BUILDING MY BUGGY JEFF & DARRIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:15 am 

One thing I forgot to say is congratulations to Willie on your new build. Cant wait to see it thought often times about a inline myself but we really cant decide on a design that we feel will work for us. Hoping you come up with some stuff that works really good so we all can tap in to some of that great knowledge you have! The inlines are a frame that really needs to be pushed and if someone could come up with something that would go as good or nearly as good as a single seater it would sure open up a huge new avenue. I want a single seater so bad because there is nothing that can out do them hill climbing yet I like to take someone with me from time to time. If I had the money I would have a single and a two or four seater but cant afford that. But the inline has the possibilities of the single seater and the option to take someone with you and both be center of frame which is much safer than a side by side. Willie you have worked with the inline frame idea more than anyone and if anybody can make one go I am sure it will be you. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with I am sure that it will be bad to the bone everything you build always is. Sorry you got your tread stole per say but its all good and we cant wait to see this new buggy!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:13 pm 
BOTM Winner

Amen, Amen!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:30 pm 
BOTM Winner

thanks jeff as soon as im done ill give you guys a yell to come up and check it out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:56 pm 
BOTM Winner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:07 pm 
WB Contributor

looks awesome willie! caint wait to see the finished product :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:25 am 

Good deal Willie. Let us know when you get it done we would love to see it. Let me know as well if there is any way we can help along the way.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:56 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

These seem like Damn fine folks :D
predatorbuggy wrote:
Good deal Willie. Let us know when you get it done we would love to see it. Let me know as well if there is any way we can help along the way.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:22 am 
BOTM Winner

IM GETTIN CLOSE ILL POST SOME NEW PIC'S IN A FEW DAYS ..................

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:15 pm 
WB Contributor

Willie after all the smack talk I sure do wish you would have put a bigger seat in the back. From what i hear we need some ky lessons. :lol: :lol: I figure if i could fit in the back you could teach me a little. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o :idea:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:21 pm 
BOTM Winner

ok i didnt give up or sell out and i have been posting pics on face book dont know how to post them on w/b.but my frame is done and most of the parts are to iv used some cool gadgets i think yall will like and done some cool thing to the frame to the color is going to be black "all black" and im calling it murdered out black.when i get back from al im going to get started and im hopping to have it in the woods by the end of april .i owe thanks to a bunch of you gus for helping me out with # or parts and pic's i wont forgett that.ill work on getting some pics up

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:33 pm 
BOTM Winner

Got my buggy parts and frame the other day from Clayton (powder coating)man dose this thing look bad ass clayton did an awesome job and when I say this thing is black i mean it's black I'll try and get some pics up later to night

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:01 pm 
WB Contributor

Hellz yea cant wait to see it. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:04 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

wildwillie wrote:
I'll try and get some pics up later to night

yeah right!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:53 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Still waiting.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:57 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I guess were going to have to send a friend request to face book to get to see this thing.lol. Come on Willie get some pics up already.Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:37 pm 

i seen the pics!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:21 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:32 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Thanks bluebuggy your a picture posting machine,lol.Hey Willie are those another set of those aluminum swing arms? Looking good I like that front end.Chad :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » General » Buggy Builds