It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:58 pm

Board index » General » Buggy Builds

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The truth
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:26 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

ridenrace6 wrote:
kybuggy1 wrote:
The guy who bought it is a very seasoned driver (he lives at D&K)

so larry, are you saying that darrell ended up with claytons buggy?

No, Rick. Lives in the mobile home behind the store about 3 wks out of the month.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:16 pm 

The truth is that some of us have very capable buggy's but we cant drive them like some other buggy's go.So therefore we build something like the buggy's we see,thinking we will climb better because of the frame,motor,etc. and usually it dont make a whole of difference.Now if you go from a 4 seat tank to a 1 seat powerhouse,then yeah your should do 10 times better.Ive seen Mike (Helmet Guy) take his 2 seater with his 1915 with a 6-rib and put it on stroked out buggies all day,just because he can drive the wheels off of it.
My sons buggy is a tank and i know it climbs well,not from experience but from watching KoKo drive it when he had it.So i bought it and it has not seen the top of any of the hills that koko put it on,simply because he can drive better than me(for now :) ) Give what you got a chance and eventually you will know if it will simply go or not.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:39 pm 
BOTM Winner

Well said james i bought a 1 seater and left a smaller motor and a 1st gear tranny on it and finished 5th over all last year. You need to learn how to drive and handle the one that fits you best.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:16 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Location: rittman,ohio ----------- wellsville, water cooled chapter
jayrod wrote:
And another thing WELL IT WAS lol...Am i back down to smallest engine in the group again? or is it a top secret build

no its not top secret jayrod i just dont feel like a debate on what im doing or i would already have pics up :wink: ill be keepin pics to post the whole way thru and when shes done ill post them ! ill give you a buzz this weekend if im workin on it . id be out their now by the wifey is pullin the your buggy is more important them me and im sick of never seeing ya routine ! :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:40 pm 
WB Contributor

I know the way that one goes...Its one of the reasons I ended up single and moved back home haha Maybe next time a woman says something I'll listen the first time , doubtful but maybe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:42 pm 
WB Contributor

Firebug wrote:
bmoore wrote:
all jokes aside with the extra weight of the suby on the back it balanced the weight of the 4 seater perfect :shock: it will launch great now and tote the front wheels about 6inches off the ground on any given hill :wink: dont get me wrong its no competiter by any means if we run timers, but it will climb some pretty ugly stuff :wink:

How about if we deduct one second for each seat other than the driver seat?

:idea: marty your my hero! lmao i might qualify a class then :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:52 pm 
WB Contributor

ridenrace6 wrote:
bmoore wrote:
its slick bottom,(wc) 99 inches and should be less than 1200 when im done :wink:

i gotta see that, we already weighed 4 one seaters with air cooled engines and they were all around 1,300lbs give or take about 50 lbs (mostly give), except for mine, which was the heavy weight of the bunch tipping the scales at 1,454lbs :?

not saying it caint be done, but i just wonder how safe it would be in a rollover :roll:

you will see it soon :wink: and it will be as safe as any buggy on the trail :roll: (wc) dont mean heavy, hell we have proven on more than one ocasion a 4cylinder wc engine weighs only 60 to 80 pounds more :wink: i see lots of drivers that way far more than 80 pounds more than me every time i ride :wink:

Last edited by bmoore on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:54 pm 

jayrod wrote:
And another thing WELL IT WAS lol...Am i back down to smallest engine in the group again? or is it a top secret build

At least it's not the smallest on the site, ours is only a 1.3L :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:15 pm 
WB Contributor

lol mines a 1915

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:20 pm 

There ya go then, miles better :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:31 pm 
WB Contributor

Buckmaster wrote:
.Ive seen Mike (Helmet Guy) take his 2 seater with his 1915 with a 6-rib and put it on stroked out buggies all day,just because he can drive t

Now that there is "THE TRUTH "

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:00 am 

giveitagallon wrote:
A basic buggy to me is a car dismatled and put on a rail frame maybe i misunderstood which ive been known for :twisted:

Basic is VW style transaxle & rear suspension. I consider the KY Cookie Cutters basic VW based buggys. Not stock, just VW based parts.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:58 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

dunebuggynut wrote:
giveitagallon wrote:
A basic buggy to me is a car dismatled and put on a rail frame maybe i misunderstood which ive been known for :twisted:

Basic is VW style transaxle & rear suspension. I consider the KY Cookie Cutters basic VW based buggys. Not stock, just VW based parts.

Thats the way I have always looked at it, too. conventional, basic , wtvr you wanna call it. Its what 99% of the general public thinks of when you try to explain what a woodsbuggy is. Like when you say: "a woodsbuggy....you know, you've seen 'em, its like a vw rail buggy but built for the woods"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:00 am 
BOTM Winner

this is funny and mabe i am a follower iv seen what works best for where i ride and thats what i run.and one of the resons im buildin an inline is so i can show some of you water pumpers how it feel to make it to the top of some big hills .lol......an bmoor id love to see a w/c buggy under #1200 lb.but dont think it will happen.and passet i dig the way you think but id like to be out in the woods ridin not in the shop tryin to reinvent the wheel...........the last buggy you had was cool but looked like it came from junk yard wars.just not my style...and as far as cost you could build an almost new 2500 ss for under 10,000.......

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:43 am 
WB Contributor

Hi Willie. Thanks for your input.If ya slow down I'll use ya for traction this year. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:00 am 
Global moderator

wildwillie wrote:
one of the resons im buildin an inline is so i can show some of you water pumpers how it feel to make it to the top of some big hills .lol......

Are you gonna show us how it's done "in" a water pumper?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:23 am 
WB Contributor

Hi marty. I'll give it he!!.I'll have 1st gear for the 1st time ever.With 40" cut TSL boggers.With pump gas.And think of mine as a chump.There are many much bigger fwd cars out there.Something with an automatic would be the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:43 am 

passat2800 wrote:
Hi marty. I'll give it he!!.I'll have 1st gear for the 1st time ever.With 40" cut TSL boggers.With pump gas.And think of mine as a chump.There are many much bigger fwd cars out there.Something with an automatic would be the best.

You got any pictures of your buggy floating around the site. Everyones descriptions (yours especially) have my interest peaked. :?: :?: :?:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:48 pm 
BOTM Winner

Check this out Ingtrvl2332 . I think it could do good on straight shot hills.
lngtrvl2332 wrote:
passat2800 wrote:

You got any pictures of your buggy floating around the site. Everyones descriptions (yours especially) have my interest peaked. :?: :?: :?:

http://www.woodsbuggy.com/index.php?opt ... f=5&t=6487

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:09 pm 
WB Contributor

Wow. That was 2 springs ago. That day the plugs were fouling out and I didn't know why.They would last about 15 hours. Later, after the Wilburn's competition, a mechanic told me it's because I was only running 1 o2 sensor.As time went on I had radiator fan problems with no temp gauge and after about 10 overheats the motor started getting tired.But , got a fresh one this year for $450 plus tax.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:52 pm 
BOTM Winner

i didnt think it sound to bad there.
passat2800 wrote:
Wow. That was 2 springs ago. That day the plugs were fouling out and I didn't know why.They would last about 15 hours. Later, after the Wilburn's competition, a mechanic told me it's because I was only running 1 o2 sensor.As time went on I had radiator fan problems with no temp gauge and after about 10 overheats the motor started getting tired.But , got a fresh one this year for $450 plus tax.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:20 am 
BOTM Winner

my buggy dose run off redbull & vodka most of the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:20 am 
WB Contributor

Remember in these flicks it was 2nd and 3rd gear.Yeah. yall are rite. This is a broken record.If yall need me, (205)369-7406.Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:48 am 
BOTM Winner

we need you to tell us about all them old school vw tricks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:44 am 

davehix wrote:
i didnt think it sound to bad there.
passat2800 wrote:

Agreed there. I like it. What transmission and gearing you running to put power to 40's without going XPLODE :?: I like the T-Bird Wheels.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » General » Buggy Builds