It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:07 am

Board index » General » Buggy Builds

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The truth
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:24 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Location: rittman,ohio ----------- wellsville, water cooled chapter
:roll: mmmmmmhhhhhhhhmmmmmm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:30 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Location: rittman,ohio ----------- wellsville, water cooled chapter
jayrod wrote:
:twisted: wrongo dongo :twisted: basic buggy aint following us !

What would we consider our buggys then ? I was pretty sure mine was pretty basic[/quote]
i would consider us followers jayrod except for your buggy is faster then mine !
WELL IT WAS :!: :twisted: :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:11 pm 

i am happy with my ac vw buggy it might not be the fastest buggy around but im happy with it and i wouldnt have a water cooled buggy for my self
i have seen what them 2500 single seater will do and its awesome to watch let along climb with them like darrel or charlie and those guys, and we dont need nothing else when there is something that already will go anywere that you wanna go :mrgreen:, and the only water cooled buggy that i have seen climb that will compete with the ky single seaters is the one clayton has (the yellow one) and mark settles 4 wheel drive

i am sure that water cooled buggys will climb with the ky single seater but it will take alot more money than the average person has to spend on a buggy and alot more work, and thats not what a buggy is to me, a buggy is a vw motor and a bus trans because thats were it started, why change it :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:43 pm 
WB Contributor

jessielee wrote:
i am happy with my ac vw buggy it might not be the fastest buggy around but im happy with it and i wouldnt have a water cooled buggy for my self
i have seen what them 2500 single seater will do and its awesome to watch let along climb with them like darrel or charlie and those guys, and we dont need nothing else when there is something that already will go anywere that you wanna go :mrgreen:, and the only water cooled buggy that i have seen climb that will compete with the ky single seaters is the one clayton has (the yellow one) and mark settles 4 wheel drive

i am sure that water cooled buggys will climb with the ky single seater but it will take alot more money than the average person has to spend on a buggy and alot more work, and thats not what a buggy is to me, a buggy is a vw motor and a bus trans because thats were it started, why change it :D

wb south (wc) will also climb with the best of em :wink: but money? darrel, charlie, larry, koko, david hill they also have serious dollars in their buggys :wink: you aint gonna build a ac cheap and think you run what they are running :!: im not debateing the ac/wc im just saying, those men have several dollars in what they run :!: i would guess most of em not to far behing clayton if you are counting dollars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:04 pm 

but to outclimb one of those buggies you are gonna spend alot more money in a buggy than what they have in theirs if youare going to build a wc to do it, and im sure that there are other water cooled buggies that climbs well like wb south, thats not what im saying, i mean a buggy is all in what you like :mrgreen: but as far a hillclimbing you cant go wrong with a ky single seater and they will be cheaper than building a wc to hillclimb as good as a ky cookie cutter, but like i said it is all in what you want :mrgreen:
im not no great hill climber and not claimbing to be but im going by what i see done :D :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:14 pm 
WB Contributor

jessielee wrote:
but to outclimb one of those buggies you are gonna spend alot more money in a buggy than what they have in theirs if youare going to build a wc to do it, and im sure that there are other water cooled buggies that climbs well like wb south, thats not what im saying, i mean a buggy is all in what you like :mrgreen: but as far a hillclimbing you cant go wrong with a ky single seater and they will be cheaper than building a wc to hillclimb as good as a ky cookie cutter, but like i said it is all in what you want :mrgreen:
im not no great hill climber and not claimbing to be but im going by what i see done :D :wink:

i dont see were you figure wc takes more money :roll: but hey i agree any setup is perfect if you have fun and like what u run :wink: lets ride

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:18 pm 
Global moderator

Last years champ was WC,,so was second I think,,some jelly buggys in the top too, I would love to see a WC engine on a Predator buggy,,,I bet it would do well. Babychains did fine for me,,,I need bigger nads :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:22 pm 
WB Contributor

Firebug wrote:
Last years champ was WC,,so was second I think,,some jelly buggys in the top too, I would love to see a WC engine on a Predator buggy,,,I bet it would do well. Babychains did fine for me,,,I need bigger nads :oops:

my new one aint a predator, but its slick bottom,(wc) 99 inches and should be less than 1200 when im done :wink: just have to finish it :D
ive been looking for bigger nads, but havent found em yet :shock: :wink: :shock:

Last edited by bmoore on Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:24 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Troy and Louis have some very well built WC buggies that dominated several of the hills.. I am all about AC for their simplicity but you can not get the Power or Reliability in an AC that you can in a WC...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:39 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

now i agree the ky buggies almost dominate the hilclimb comps but those are just average hills this year lets see some vids of them on some walls :twisted:

I DO NOT FREE BASE COCAINE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:42 pm 
Global moderator

MickeyMouse wrote:
Troy and Louis have some very well built WC buggies that dominated several of the hills.. I am all about AC for their simplicity but you can not get the Power or Reliability in an AC that you can in a WC...

I think it matters much more about skill first, then the nad factor, then weight to power ratio, then luck ,then what engine you have. This years series will factor in more of those variables. Then we will know more of the Truth.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:49 pm 
WB Contributor

Firebug wrote:
MickeyMouse wrote:

I think it matters much more about skill first, then the nad factor, then weight to power ratio, then luck ,then what engine you have. This years series will factor in more of those variables. Then we will know more of the Truth.

all i know is id like to see every buggy of every kind, at as many comps as possible :wink: and i caint wait :wink:
hell im gonna enter the 4 seater just to redeem it after blowing up at d&k :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:55 pm 
Global moderator

bmoore wrote:
Firebug wrote:
MickeyMouse wrote:

all i know is id like to see every buggy of every kind, at as many comps as possible :wink: and i caint wait :wink:
hell im gonna enter the 4 seater just to redeem it after blowing up at d&k :shock:

Four seaters climb very well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:58 pm 
WB Contributor

thanks marty :lol: that makes ole yeller feel much better :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:05 am 
WB Contributor

all jokes aside with the extra weight of the suby on the back it balanced the weight of the 4 seater perfect :shock: it will launch great now and tote the front wheels about 6inches off the ground on any given hill :wink: dont get me wrong its no competiter by any means if we run timers, but it will climb some pretty ugly stuff :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:11 am 
Global moderator

bmoore wrote:
all jokes aside with the extra weight of the suby on the back it balanced the weight of the 4 seater perfect :shock: it will launch great now and tote the front wheels about 6inches off the ground on any given hill :wink: dont get me wrong its no competiter by any means if we run timers, but it will climb some pretty ugly stuff :wink:

How about if we deduct one second for each seat other than the driver seat?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:14 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

You are right jessielee, imo. And you are well on your way to being a great climber. You got enough sense to listen to the guys who are the bestat what they do, like Darrell and Chuck.

bmoore, I could build my buggy TWICE for what Clayton had in his yellow buggy. With money left over. No joke. And the red v6 cost more to build than mine, too. These are ot just boneyard motors either. Both had quite a bit done to them and have nitrous , especially the suby. That motor cost more than my whole buggy. They did function well for him, but he will tell you himself a stroked AC ss has it ALL OVER that buggy. Yall think he was good in that thing, you should see him in an ac vw buggy . Dont think for one second that just anyone else can make that thing go like he did. The guy who bought it is a very seasoned driver (he lives at D&K) and has trouble on trail obstacles in it that he does not even have to think about in one of his AC buggies. Koko witnessed that fact this weekend following him on a long trail ride. Clayton could have whatever type buggy he wants, but he sold them both and said if he ever builds another buggy it will be an AC KY buggy. More proof of my point is wbsouth (who I consider a good friend and VERY knowledgable about buggies, been riding and climbing for decades) got him a used vw powered cobra to ride and gave his brand new ss midengine to his little boy. Wonder why that is??? Because the midengine v6 tank climbs better? I think not. Because its big, new and automatic I'd guess.

Last edited by kybuggy1 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:26 am 

all i know is i cant wait to get my ky cookie cutter done so i can TRY to keep up with some of you guys, i know it will take alot of seat time but i will be working on that this weekend :mrgreen:

and larry ill be down there to ride with you all soon :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:14 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

MickeyMouse wrote:
Troy and Louis have some very well built WC buggies that dominated several of the hills.

Troy ran air cooled up to the last hill climb, maybe you meant clayton :?

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:17 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

kybuggy1 wrote:
The guy who bought it is a very seasoned driver (he lives at D&K)

so larry, are you saying that darrell ended up with claytons buggy?

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:34 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

bmoore wrote:
its slick bottom,(wc) 99 inches and should be less than 1200 when im done :wink:

i gotta see that, we already weighed 4 one seaters with air cooled engines and they were all around 1,300lbs give or take about 50 lbs (mostly give), except for mine, which was the heavy weight of the bunch tipping the scales at 1,454lbs :?

not saying it caint be done, but i just wonder how safe it would be in a rollover :roll:

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:57 am 
Global moderator

It's cool how everybody thinks their stuff is better,,,that's what I love about buggy's,,they are an extension of our own imagination,,or at least someones we admire. That may be why the competitions are so popular and worked so well and will only get better.I like to think that every buggy has it's place to shine,,some more than others granted,,,but I heard that at "The Cold Spot" this past weekend a 3rib buggy out climbed several cookie cutters in 2nd gear....how cool is that?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:57 am 
BOTM Winner

Yes VW Tavis was sure shinning this last weekend that buggy of his is a 1000 lb 2 seater and that boy dont care to hit anything wide open.My buggy goes well but it needs a little tlc havent done anything to it in a year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:21 pm 
WB Contributor

giveitagallon wrote:
jayrod wrote:
:twisted: wrongo dongo :twisted: basic buggy aint following us !

What would we consider our buggys then ? I was pretty sure mine was pretty basic

i would consider us followers jayrod except for your buggy is faster then mine !
WELL IT WAS :!: :twisted: :shock:[/quote]

The only reason we gotta be followers is because plumberbill and odyknuck drive like they on the expressway down the trails!! lol My suspension aint soft enough to go that fast hahaha But you said A BASIC buggy aint following us....So if we are followers...im still lost as to where that leaves us..lol :mrgreen: Maybe im just a lil slow (mentally) :idea: :mrgreen: :idea: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:27 pm 
WB Contributor

And another thing WELL IT WAS lol...Am i back down to smallest engine in the group again? or is it a top secret build

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » General » Buggy Builds