It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:53 pm

Board index » General » Buggy Builds

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The truth
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:32 am 
WB Contributor

Hey look . If we don't get our game on we are going to fade.All we talk about is ,"Someone gotta yaya for sale?" If I were a new guy I would pass this site on. We have to keep the new blood coming in or we will die!The big dogs don't even visit this site 'cause we are chumps. I love this site so I am trying to keep it going.Look! Nobody loves the basics of a VW motor than me but I want some fire breathin V8's coming up the hill. Me with a V6, I feel like a chump.I don't want to impair the bussines of the vw shops, but if they want to move on and stay in the game and stay ahead, the bug stops here.I know all about 2600cc lite weight buggies but the Passat is going to use you for traction this year.I've got 22 " of hieght this year, front to back, 13" shorter frame, power steering and for the 1st time my 1st gear works.Yall seen me in the competition starting off in 2nd.Farley put my trans together twice and 1st never happened.Now I'm going to roast my cut TSL 40's this time.Took the 38's off. Zip up a hill and think you are all that. Now put some ugly rocks and wash outs in it.

Post subject: Re: The truth
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:03 am 
WB Contributor

Yo dis Cedric. Passat gonna munch yo lunch.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:13 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I complete agree and I love to read all the crazy "out of the box" creations.

However, do not loose site of the bread and butter of this site. There are still a lot of VW powered buggys out there. As for me, I do not have the time, tools, talent or budget to do anything beyond my simplistic VW buggy.

As more creative and talented people continue to perfect the next generation buggy (probably a subaru) I will continue to read and learn. Maybe someday, I will move up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:19 am 
WB Contributor

Hi Mickey. This comment was intented for those that want to get IN the game . Sorry no dis respect.I trip over old big bug parts all day in my garage.And Subaru may fit well ,there are violent motors out there with much better ground clearance.Please don't hate the messenger.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:26 am 
BOTM Winner

Passat are you smoking crack ?? buggies are meant to have VW been this way for years the only reason ppl go with WC are because there wife's wont let them spend money on a damn good VW.I know because i have both so dont feed us all this dumb shit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:31 am 
WB Contributor

Peace Pipedope. Your wife's car has the motor and trans that will smoke yo buddy.Now multiply all that power and speed in to a lincoln conntinental irs 3.21:1diff. Your power times 3.21! Now Hold on! :o If you don't listen to me some punks are going to come up out of your woods and smoke your butt.20 years in the future lets both sit in wheel chairs and watch the young punks.

Last edited by passat2800 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:48 am 

I had a 383 Chevy, turbo 350 & a Jaguar Dana 44 IRS that was going to become a buggy but for Wellsville it is useless so I never bothered building it. A basic buggy running basic VW gear can do nearly anything out there so why venture from perfection. We don't need 44 inch tires just to get to our ridespot so we dont run them. 14 inches of ground clearance never leaves you stranded unless you try climbing washouts. The basics are all you need.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:54 am 
BOTM Winner

10-4 with that buggynut

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:59 am 
WB Contributor

Then stay basic. well said.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:16 am 
WB Contributor

You just told me your mechanical skills are limited.I tried a v6 hanging offf the back of a 6 rib. and it was bad. My weight was bad distributed .If I accellerated I would do an uncommanded wheelie.In 2028, I hope they will park our wheel chairs above the absolutly washed out hill climbs to watch kids who are breast feeding as we speak.They will say I am running an OLD 2012 Cadidilac N. Star v8 Front wheel drive against a 2009 Conntinental diff.Their weight will be rite and they will dominate.Chain drives are great too, but look in the future with vw trans.Rite!I know I am getting smacked in the face and it's not fun but I am trying to show yall the future.Now go drive the wife's car and multiply it by over 3.Look I have made all the mistakes yall have not made yet. Now let's go back to the famous Cool Hand Luke quote :What we have here is failure to communnicate.Some men you just can not reach. So. we have what we had here last week.Which is the way he wants it. Well. He gets it. Now I don't like this any more than you men.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:23 am 
Global moderator

Who knows what the future holds? I think even DD will be surprised :!: k However the beauty of buggys is diversity. If the air cooled buggys become extinct this will be a lonely sport. Long live all sorts of buggys.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:32 am 

I am all about the outside the box thinking. I have a 500 hp 429 Ford with auto trans and 9" ford rear with disc brakes all just sitting in my garage. I was gonna build a 74 ford pickup to do donuts with, but it never came together. If I have my way (work stays steady) in a year or two I wanna start building my own version of this....
http://www.coloradosandcars.com/
They use lighter running gear in theirs with the LS1 and all but mine is all paid for and Desktop Dyno says I have 515 lb ft at 2200 rpm. All I need is a V Drive and another 300 feet of tubing. :D Even if it doesn't climb a hill like a single seat ky cookie cutter... I bet it will dust a vette in a straight line. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:37 am 

And in support of the site just the way it is.... I first came to this site for the tech sections that everybody on this site has contributed (and the constant humor) not the flash of the biggest and the best. If people pass this site by in their internet browsing it is because they have ADD and a poor sense of what is fun in life! :twisted: :D :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:33 pm 
WB Contributor

Sorry to offend anyone. I guess I will stay off of here awhile.I just desperately want to see something new.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:48 pm 

here we go again....ding-ding...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:04 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Location: rittman,ohio ----------- wellsville, water cooled chapter
dunebuggynut wrote:
I had a 383 Chevy, turbo 350 & a Jaguar Dana 44 IRS that was going to become a buggy but for Wellsville it is useless so I never bothered building it. A basic buggy running basic VW gear can do nearly anything out there so why venture from perfection. We don't need 44 inch tires just to get to our ridespot so we dont run them. 14 inches of ground clearance never leaves you stranded unless you try climbing washouts. The basics are all you need.

:twisted: wrongo dongo :twisted: basic buggy aint following us !

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:26 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

giveitagallon wrote:

Last time i was with you you were following me ding dongo
:mrgreen: :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:41 pm 

Nobody is going to look at anything else unless it becomes unbeatable.Ive never met you in person DD but its just the way we buggy people think.If we see something going better than the rest of the crowd,we will usually follow,but if it dont get out of its own way,we will forget it faster than when it came in.There is a big difference between a rock crawler and a buggy.Just look at Mark Settles in his 4x4,he takes it places that i would have to think hard about attempting.So between his ride and 2500 single seater,if somebody cant figure something out from there.sorry about there luck.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:52 pm 
WB Contributor

:twisted: wrongo dongo :twisted: basic buggy aint following us ![/quote]

What would we consider our buggys then ? I was pretty sure mine was pretty basic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:04 pm 

TBH, the reason it'll never go away from the VW engine entirely is because that is the whole substance of the buggies, the point was always to use as many VW bits as you could rescue and make yourself something special.

If everybody starts chopping around and sticking W/C engines in the middle, then the chassis will start to diversify and they'll all end up being based around completely different frames and suspension, then you'll have sod all in common to brainstorm off each other and the scene will slowly drift apart.
Which is what happened in the UK about 20 years ago, and now everybody's building all sorts of wonderful contraptions but nobody'll speak to any bugger else in case they find out all their 'secrets' :shock: :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:01 pm 
BOTM Winner

I dont think your offending anyone i just think some people like what there doing . you just keep doing what your doing and get some pics together im sure if it works you will have followers. :mrgreen: just try typing some normal words once in a while cause you have a tendicy of loosing some of us . i hope it not only me :shock: lol
passat2800 wrote:
Sorry to offend anyone. I guess I will stay off of here awhile.I just desperately want to see something new.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:07 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Location: rittman,ohio ----------- wellsville, water cooled chapter
JeffClay wrote:
giveitagallon wrote:

Last time i was with you you were following me ding dongo
:mrgreen: :twisted:

of tushay el capetain :twisted:
a basic buggy to me is a car dismatled and put on a rail frame maybe i misunderstood which ive been known for :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:10 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

passat2800 wrote:
Hey look . If we don't get our game on we are going to fade.All we talk about is ,"Someone gotta yaya for sale?" If I were a new guy I would pass this site on. We have to keep the new blood coming in or we will die!The big dogs don't even visit this site 'cause we are chumps. I love this site so I am trying to keep it going.Look! Nobody loves the basics of a VW motor than me but I want some fire breathin V8's coming up the hill. Me with a V6, I feel like a chump.I don't want to impair the bussines of the vw shops, but if they want to move on and stay in the game and stay ahead, the bug stops here.I know all about 2600cc lite weight buggies but the Passat is going to use you for traction this year.I've got 22 " of hieght this year, front to back, 13" shorter frame, power steering and for the 1st time my 1st gear works.Yall seen me in the competition starting off in 2nd.Farley put my trans together twice and 1st never happened.Now I'm going to roast my cut TSL 40's this time.Took the 38's off. Zip up a hill and think you are all that. Now put some ugly rocks and wash outs in it.

Why are you so hell bent on everybody doing what you are doing??? Why do you care??? If your buggy is so much better and so badasss...then prove it. Qualifying low in the b class at the one comp I saw you at sure didnt prove it. If us AC guys are so dumb, just sit back and laugh at us. We'll laugh at you when you need a part in the woods and nobody has what you need because yours is so different. :wink:

How the hell you gonna use me or any big motor'd lite buggy for traction if you are bragging about you can now use first gear???? Especially if it is reduced by 3 becuz you got 2 RnPs? The one time I seen that thing, the motor was absolutely SCREAMING and going slower than most 3 rib buggies. You gotta catch somebody before you can run over them. Does your PUSSat motor now turn 35,000 rpm??? Do the math, dude. You couldnt catch a 2276 stock 6rib buggy, much less a 2500 2nd gear. :lol:
Piss on a bunch of big rocks anyways, that aint what hillclimbing is about to me. And I highly doubt your slug will cross a washout any better than a badass conventional buggy. We can skip across the tops of the ruts. If you like rocks, you hit 'em, I'll go around 'em......in a wheelie.... and go back down the hill and climb it again....... before you got time to even get to the rocks. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:13 pm 
WB Contributor

davehix wrote:
I dont think your offending anyone i just think some people like what there doing . you just keep doing what your doing and get some pics together im sure if it works you will have followers. :mrgreen: just try typing some normal words once in a while cause you have a tendicy of loosing some of us . i hope it not only me :shock: lol
passat2800 wrote:

i agree not offending :wink: people just get tired of preaching :wink: no need to stay off, i like reading your post even though i also get lost from time to time :twisted: get your stuff ready and win the series this year! if you do that you will have undivided attention i guarantee it :mrgreen:

Last edited by bmoore on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:18 pm 
WB Contributor

man you wast no time sturrin the sh$$ pot after the new year huh? :D :twisted: :D :twisted:

Board index » General » Buggy Builds