It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:58 pm

Board index » General » Buggy Builds

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: The truth
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:53 pm 
WB Contributor

I bought a freshly rebuilt VR6 Passat motor for scrap price. Who ever rebuilt it , scrapped it because they could not get the timming chain rite. It has 4 different pulleys at different sizes b4 it gets to the cams.It was a mathematically nitemare!NOW!!! Hate me if you want to, but Pee Wee herman can put 2 carbs on 4 cyliders.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:41 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

first off winning the hillclimb series aint proving your the beast at anything but going fast when everyone is rdy to show up this time we will have another braggingrights comp and we can put a end to what buggy dose best on CLIMBING a HILL :twisted: :twisted:

I DO NOT FREE BASE COCAINE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:47 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

:roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?:

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:08 am 

I'm gonna put a Cummins Turbo Diesel in my old 902 Berrien. I'm gonna mount it right between the seats for the best weight bias: and since the injection pump will be right beside me, I won't even have to run a throttle pedal (gotta save weight wherever you can). For cooling; I'll fill the whole chassis with biofreeze, and on the front bumper and shock towers I'm going to mount about a dozen of those kick ass oscillating school bus fans to keep a constant supply of airflow (plus, I got long hair...so it'll make me look extra cool with my hair blowing in the wind even when I'm setting still). For a tranny, I'm going to run an old 13spd out of a Kenworth; except I'm going to spin it around so the output now becomes the input and I'll direct drive it off of the crank.This will give me some super high gearing so I can get some wicked wheel speed and still stay in the engines 1600rpm torque peak. Instead of a clutch I'm going to run a modified torque convertor out of a Cat dozer (the absence of a clutch cyl, mount, and lines will save me at least another 3-4lbs) To that I'll mount a shortened prop shaft from a tugboat ( I think I'll put one of those cute little plastic fans on it to help cool the diff too). I thought about using a Lincoln diff, but I don't think it'll hold up to 1000ft/lb of torque...so intstead I'm gonna go with a Rockwell third member out of a Deuce and a Half. I'll mount CV flanges on it and use the older rockwell Rezzepa style cv's and solid 2" axle shafts to drive Rockwell stubs. I'm going to make my trailing arms out of 3" boiler tube and suspend it all on air bags right off of an old Fruehauf reefer trailer. Tires are gonna be nothing less than 54" Boggers (cut and shaved of course for better traction and less weight). I'm converting to a pickup style chassis too. That way when it comes time for the next hill climb comp, I can ratchet strap a pallet of bottle rockets to the ass for extra thrust.
Since this rig is going to be so badass that I'll probably pop a boner every time I sit my ass in it, I'm considering attaching a low pressure oscillating diaphpram pump directly to the factory vacuum pump on the Cummins...then I can run some vacuum cleaner hose to a pocket puss and I'll be good to go.
I'd have a pool party at my mansion in the woods so everybody could come check it out but I doubt anyone would show up. I know ya'all just wouldn't feel comfortable around my super awesome-ness and my superiour fabricating skills (I know it wouldn't have anything to do with me being an overbearing self indulged douchebag that can't even construct a proper sentance) I'm telling you guys...this is the future of buggy building; and if you don't start building your stuff my way ya'all are f'ing up. Just you wait; there will come a day when ya'all will see the light. Of course by then I'll be building hybrid nuclear / magnetic propulsion buggies that run on strawberry douche.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:42 am 
Global moderator

jesse wrote:
first off winning the hillclimb series aint proving your the beast at anything but going fast when everyone is rdy to show up this time we will have another braggingrights comp and we can put a end to what buggy dose best on CLIMBING a HILL :twisted: :twisted:

So,,,,fultondale didn't count,,,it was just practice? Till everyone shows up. Who wants to be the beast?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:55 am 
WB Contributor

jesse wrote:

Ok I think that the next one needs to have some hills with a few turns in them. The only hill with a turn in it got passed up :? :? so in my opinion that one hill could have changed the whole deal. Another thing is that I understood we only got 2 trys at the hills and we got an X for not making it. I watched Eric Cassidy hit tissue 4 times and never even get close to climbing it but screwing the hill up for everyone else which he told me he did on purpose. I had that hills ass until he did that. What im trying to say is every buggy has its advantages overe others. I wish a big 2 seater would have gone into swamp before it got beat down like a 2 lane highway. I know for a fact my 2 seater wouldnt have come out of there but my 1 seater ate it like it wasnt anything. The next BR hillclimb we have need to have mixed hills for both type buggys and set it up where the same person dont go 1st more than once.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:08 am 
Global moderator

Mt big 2 seater came out of the swamp on the 3rd try. Jesse said on the swamp you just had to come out on your own power. curves are cool, especially without timers.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:34 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

no it counted marty just talking some trash got bored haha but the first one was a learning experience and i agree with the casidy thing i was over working on my buggy when i noticed he was hitting it a million times and i know that messed up our chances at it it had its flaws and next time we will work them out and have more control over everyone only having their 2 trys and yes swamp we just made it get out and you get it just cause we wanted to pull as few people out as possible and the reasons for our hill choice was to be dif from the series and get back to the roots of buggy climbing around here but if or when we do another we open for suggestions its def hard to run a event hats off to the guys who do so

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:54 pm 
Global moderator

Next years series will have a br look to it

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:10 pm 
WB Contributor

Firebug wrote:
Next years series will have a br look to it

:) :D :) :D :) :D :D :D :D :D :idea: :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:50 pm 

WayneJ wrote:
I'm gonna put a Cummins Turbo Diesel in my old 902 Berrien. I'm gonna mount it right between the seats for the best weight bias: and since the injection pump will be right beside me, I won't even have to run a throttle pedal (gotta save weight wherever you can). For cooling; I'll fill the whole chassis with biofreeze, and on the front bumper and shock towers I'm going to mount about a dozen of those kick ass oscillating school bus fans to keep a constant supply of airflow (plus, I got long hair...so it'll make me look extra cool with my hair blowing in the wind even when I'm setting still). For a tranny, I'm going to run an old 13spd out of a Kenworth; except I'm going to spin it around so the output now becomes the input and I'll direct drive it off of the crank.This will give me some super high gearing so I can get some wicked wheel speed and still stay in the engines 1600rpm torque peak. Instead of a clutch I'm going to run a modified torque convertor out of a Cat dozer (the absence of a clutch cyl, mount, and lines will save me at least another 3-4lbs) To that I'll mount a shortened prop shaft from a tugboat ( I think I'll put one of those cute little plastic fans on it to help cool the diff too). I thought about using a Lincoln diff, but I don't think it'll hold up to 1000ft/lb of torque...so intstead I'm gonna go with a Rockwell third member out of a Deuce and a Half. I'll mount CV flanges on it and use the older rockwell Rezzepa style cv's and solid 2" axle shafts to drive Rockwell stubs. I'm going to make my trailing arms out of 3" boiler tube and suspend it all on air bags right off of an old Fruehauf reefer trailer. Tires are gonna be nothing less than 54" Boggers (cut and shaved of course for better traction and less weight). I'm converting to a pickup style chassis too. That way when it comes time for the next hill climb comp, I can ratchet strap a pallet of bottle rockets to the ass for extra thrust.
Since this rig is going to be so badass that I'll probably pop a boner every time I sit my ass in it, I'm considering attaching a low pressure oscillating diaphpram pump directly to the factory vacuum pump on the Cummins...then I can run some vacuum cleaner hose to a pocket puss and I'll be good to go.
I'd have a pool party at my mansion in the woods so everybody could come check it out but I doubt anyone would show up. I know ya'all just wouldn't feel comfortable around my super awesome-ness and my superiour fabricating skills (I know it wouldn't have anything to do with me being an overbearing self indulged douchebag that can't even construct a proper sentance) I'm telling you guys...this is the future of buggy building; and if you don't start building your stuff my way ya'all are f'ing up. Just you wait; there will come a day when ya'all will see the light. Of course by then I'll be building hybrid nuclear / magnetic propulsion buggies that run on strawberry douche.

pure genius!!! im still laughing :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:27 am 

WayneJ wrote:

LMFAO!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:08 pm 
Master fabricator

So I'm not the only one sick of this shit.

G
A

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:10 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Quote:
So I'm not the only one sick of this shit.

YES :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:16 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

WayneJ wrote:

DAmn how did I miss this post for over two weeks ?!?
Some funny stuff right there!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
(Especially the last paragraph. Sounds just like 'im :lol: :lol: )

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:58 am 
WB Contributor

Went ridin last saturday .The only thing on the whole buggy that is store bought, blew out. The CUT BRAKE!Yeah I'm sick of this shit too. Stand up and build something.Fire up the hearth and forge something . Pee Wee Herman can hide and go buy and bolt something.Do a front wheel drive set up. Go V8 or 4 cyl.You may or maynot be Top Dog or King Dingaling but you will get the best bang for your buck.Quit hiding your ignorance.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:24 am 
Master fabricator

I hope your talking to me.

G
A

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:03 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

For those who havent met Dave (DD) he really is a nice guy. And he does have a few very good points. And yes he does tend to kind of shove it down your throat, lol. But all he is really saying is he found something different that is cheap and works. Doesn't mean its better, but it is more affordable. Not every one has $5k for a big AC motor and $2K for a wedle filled trans. What he has built is a simple version of a chain drive. Doesnt have the travel a CD does but takes less fab work. Not to mention you can build this setup (engine to CV's for less then $1K and have anywhere from 150hp to 300hp depending on what engine you find. So like he said, its good bang for your buck, thats all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » General » Buggy Builds