It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:03 am

Board index » General » Buggy Builds

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:52 pm 
WB Contributor

Well here it is.Posting it was a #$%ImageMore pics tomorrow. The wheels rotate nearly vertical fwds or backwards and go up and down 18". Height under trans is 22.5" 483 side shift. 1 st gear is like a 701, 2nd is 553, 3rd is 390 etc.Has 4 tsl 40"s, Buick 3800 motor. Sqare back front end with 16" 760's.[img]http://i1205.photobuc[IMG]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb434/passat2800/IMG_0135.jpg[/img]ket.com/albums/bb434/passat2800/[img]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb434/passat2800/[IMG]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb434/passat2800/IMG_0149.jpg[/img]IMG_0135.jpg[/img]ImageImage[img]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb434/passat2800/IMG_0135[IMG]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb434/passat2800[IMG]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb434/passat2800/IMG_0135.jpg[/img]/DSCI0029.jpg[/img].jpg[/img]Image

Last edited by passat2800 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 25 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Der Panzerwagen!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:12 am 
BOTM Winner

more!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:17 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I am with Dave.... Let's see some more pics of that machine..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:15 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Location: rittman,ohio ----------- wellsville, water cooled chapter
:shock: uhhh... are those railroad wheels up front ? just wondering what other type of ridin ya do .looks like that thing will go through some shit , literally !!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:00 am 
BOTM Winner

I'm still tryin to figure out the trailer! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:49 am 
WB Contributor

Those front wheels are made from the outter rim of a truck spare. High speed cut the center out and weld in some spokes.I like slab rocks and other washed out ugly terrain. I'm an old Chilton County, Al. rough ridin veteran.Wish I had this back in the 90's.I want to challenge some rock crawlwers. I know they are BAD! But when my front tires jump up in the air I don't loose half my pulling power.Mine STAY on the ground and constantly push or pull the other and lift the frame slowly , not all at once.I'm sure they have some characteristics that are better, but I'd like to see to learn.I tested it last sun at Fultondale. I sheared off some drive sprocket bolts. I am currently tapping them for larger ones. For all yall that witnessed me climbing Jugs hill, it was in 2nd gear.Not bad!Big bolts are cheap. I'll get it right.

Last edited by passat2800 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:49 am 
Global moderator

I went to a 7/16 socket head and have not sheared any more. good luck...wish I had not lost my flip camera when you got there I would have some really cool vids .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:15 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Location: rittman,ohio ----------- wellsville, water cooled chapter
since they keep remaking movies like dukes of hazzard tranformers ext ....... i think when they remake mad max i think you should go for a disiegner for the cars on the set !!!!!!!!!! 8)
i guess what im trying to say looks like something from mad max !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:09 pm 
WB Contributor

To think up something like this I must be 1/2 Einstien , 1/2 Cedric .lol Oh, I made it to where I can remove the trans without pulling the motor. HOW NICE. :D ,The motor can sit on blocks, unbolt, then push the buggy away.HOW NICE! :o DD quits posting comments, priceless! :P

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:12 pm 

Got any more pictures?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:40 pm 

hey ur panzerwagon n passat should be buggy of the month, those buggies r awesome, all the buggy of the months there all the same. same tires, motor, tranny, design, same everything. i just thought it would be cool to see something totally different n somethin thats not easy to build. keep it goin dad ur a frankinstein of buggies

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:01 pm 
Global moderator

harry89 wrote:
hey ur panzerwagon n passat should be buggy of the month, those buggies r awesome, all the buggy of the months there all the same. same tires, motor, tranny, design, same everything. i just thought it would be cool to see something totally different n somethin thats not easy to build. keep it goin dad ur a frankinstein of buggies

I agree,,hey Harry,,how about updating your profile so know where you are located?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:17 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Austin check out march 09,,,,,No cookie cutter here
harry89 wrote:
hey ur panzerwagen n passat should be buggy of the month, those buggies r awesome, all the buggy of the months there all the same. same tires, motor, tranny, design, same everything. i just thought it would be cool to see something totally different n something that's not easy to build. keep it goin dad ur a frankenstein of buggies

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:19 pm 

Firebug wrote:
harry89 wrote:

I agree,,hey Harry,,how about updating your profile so know where you are located?

i will im still tryin to figure it out, but u keep up the good hard work too babychains is awesome!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:11 pm 

panzerwagen, awesome

Last edited by harry89 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:17 pm 
BOTM Winner

:roll:

-Dakotah/koko
keep on keepin' on!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:05 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

It's ok koko, you drive a pretty cookie! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:25 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

harry89 wrote:
rockrockets1 wrote:
Austin check out march 09,,,,,No cookie cutter here
harry89 wrote:
hey ur panzerwagen n passat should be buggy of the month, those buggies r awesome, all the buggy of the months there all the same. same tires, motor, tranny, design, same everything. i just thought it would be cool to see something totally different n something that's not easy to build. keep it goin dad ur a frankenstein of buggies

oh i no its a fact for sure, im just tellin the truth, its all bolt together. build somethin that isnt bolt together or v-dub products that bolt together. its just creative wut dad n marty do

I give props to originality and trying new stuff. Its interesting to check out. That 4 wheel deal is creative and VERY different. I would guess that it ,just like that passat buggy was, would be even cooler to see in person. But none of us with "same ol plain buggies" is doggin that funky stuff, so dont be dogging ours.

Saying they are bolt togethers or "easy to build" is offensive. It is easy to throw some junky conventional AC VW buggy together and have it break every time you hit the woods. It AINT easy to build one you can ride the hell out of every week, go to competitions and ream its guts out, then trail ride it and play on it half the night and then drive it back to the trailer and do it all over again the next month without doing nothing but cleaning the filters, if I even do that. I have trail rode AND been at EVERY competition this year and have yet to turn a bolt on mine this year except to try a different tune or fix a flat tire. No breakage. So has many others I compete with.

"Regular" buggies may look the same to the UNtrained or UNobservant eye, but on many many of them there are hours of custom made mounts to fit the driver and controls ,and suspension tuning, and balancing and gear changes and etc etc etc that you cannot see at a glance. Every successful serious hillclimbing buggy is different and custom built around the driver. Dont judge how ALL "conventional buggies" were built. You were not there.

And if there are bolt together parts to build a reliable big stroker VW, PLEASE tell me where to buy them!!! because EVERY part inside my motor and my son's (and everybody elses that has good running strokers) had to be custom modified to work together. I WISH they were bolt together. Just because some folks have no luck with conventional VW setups doesnt mean ALL of us dont know how to build a reliable and well performing one that lasts for many years.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:57 am 
Global moderator

we should have buggy of the day...send em all in. DD if you truly believe in you new concept you simply must attend the event at D&K in Oct. There will be hundreds of folks eager to see it first hand. The trends change almost yearly. Last year a Vtread on a bama buggy was not tolerated ,, now the trend is switching to single seater with vtread. In Ky the birth place of the single seater with vtread the trend is at a much slower pace switching to the water cooled mid-engine,,,sacrilege. Who knows what kind of impact the Panzerwagen machine could have. Our buggys are out of the box but the box aint what it used to be.

Wonder what the Godfather of buggys has up his sleeve? He just might show up in it next month :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:35 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Firebug wrote:
Wonder what the Godfather of buggys has up his sleeve? He just might show up in it next month :wink:

Yep. And wait til you see what the winningest competitor (and arquably the most talented driver in our sport) has gone back to . :wink: He can build anything he wants with the best parts available. And has tried a lot of different things. Ask HIM what climbs the best. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:41 pm 
Global moderator

kybuggy1 wrote:
Firebug wrote:

Yep. And wait til you see what the winningest competitor (and arquably the most talented driver in our sport) has gone back to . :wink: He can build anything he wants with the best parts available. And has tried a lot of different things. Ask HIM what climbs the best. 8)

Points speak louder than words :mrgreen: Ok I hear you,,, :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:43 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Wish I had some of them bolt on parts for my Chain Drive. I could have sworn I built my stuff out of 20 ft sticks of DOM tubing.. But after bending, grinding ,welding and fitting then I guess I did bolt the stuff together ..Only because it's hard to get the suspension to work when you weld it solid :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:27 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

rockrockets1 wrote:
Wish I had some of them bolt on parts for my Chain Drive. I could have sworn I built my stuff out of 20 ft sticks of DOM tubing.. But after bending, grinding ,welding and fitting then I guess I did bolt the stuff together ..Only because it's hard to get the suspension to work when you weld it solid :lol:
EXACTLY...thats what I'm saying . Aint any GOOD buggy, I dont care what style it is, just a "bolt together" deal. A man canjust throw one together. But those are the guys who wrench more than they ride usually.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:13 pm 
BOTM Winner

Y'all pulled the words straight from my mouth. If I wasn't so tired and it wasn't at the beginning of 1st period at school when I read all that bull on that post about us being all Bolt-Together buggies, I woulda said all that, I swear. :D :lol: But I hope ya get the point, guy. Come prove that our "Bolt-Together" buggies built with 30 years of experimenting, designing, and testing ain't proven to be the best. I dare ya. :twisted:

-Dakotah/koko

-Dakotah/koko
keep on keepin' on!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:00 pm 
WB Contributor

Who cares who has what and how good they can drive. Go ride, climb, jump, flip, mud bogg, what ever you do and stop bashing on each others stuff. I have prolly the oldest and heaviest peice of shit in alabama and can still put those bad ass single seaters on the trailer down here, but do I bash them because they cant keep up or do something I can. NO I try to help and give advice. I like to see everybody do good and enjoy their self. Me and Tool prolly give each other a hard time about who can outdo whobut in the end we laugh about it. So I say lets ride and enjoy ourselves and stop bashing eachother.

Board index » General » Buggy Builds