It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:50 am

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:30 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that is funny :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:12 pm 
WB Contributor

Hell Curt, my buggy compared to yours is a LITTLE BUGGY. Lets go riding at the creek again soon. Slim is coming back into town so he will be riding again and I know he is looking forward to a good ride. About the PC thing, I think it is ruining our country.

Later my friend

The Wild Kids

Post subject: Little buggy MEANS BEAST
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:33 pm 
dhghfdh

Last edited by bruce 1 on Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:33 pm 

[quote='bruce 1']The term Little buggy just means to me IN THE RIGHT HANDS IT IS A FAST, WICKED AND ONE HELL OF A HILL CLIMBING MACHINE!! Now that is my opinion, and I know it is true. Because it has been proven many times. And a few of the " monsterous buggys can climb also but they are few and far between" most are probably just afraid to play hard and just like to trail ride. So kee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:28 pm 
Global moderator

Amen Eric, I'm just glad I have a buggy. Call it what you want. It's different from any other and it goes different from any other. Half the fun of owning a buggy is figuring out what you need to have the ride you want and then figuring out how to make it happen. Heck I like all buggies. Short buggies, long buggies, skinny buggies, fat buggies, single seaters, 4 seaters, air cooled, liquid cooled, high dollar buggie, econo buggies, even chaindrive buggies . I love buggies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:40 pm 

Call them what you like,But I witnessed a (little red buggy) hurt alot of feelings at morris mtn.,some people even said there was no reason for this little buggy to be there, there was no way it could make it up the hill,oooooh was they WRONG.I believed they called this little buggy KING OF THE MOUNTAIN by the end of the day, and we may be crowning him again soon :?: :?: :?:

Post subject: little buggy !
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:06 pm 

If there skin is so thin, that alittle saying hurts them. They should stay out of the woods. :cry:

Okie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:35 pm 
Let me make sure you under-stand Curt. It was not you that said that to Charlie, but it was some-one else that runs big tires. I do not know what their name is they were just under the shed, and said that. Charlie then invited them to go riding with them that day, and they did not even make it up the 1st hill. just wanted to let you know. But he did say his Grand-Ma has a wheel barrow that she can push faster than most Chain-drives go! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:38 pm 
Just remember He said most, not all. And no-body called you out at Mt Aetna, It was just stated the Best hill climbers in the S.E. would be there. AND THEY WERE!!!!!!!! :!: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:15 pm 
Hill Climber

Curt, I will admit you lit me up the first time I saw the words little buggy. But c'mon man drop the PC act. This is motorsports. Trash talk is part of it. And when you can back it up you are really gonna piss some people off. I'm not so sure you could outclimb a "little buggy" on a dirt hill. But I know you can tear up a rocky hill like Rosie O'Donnell on a Girl Scout(Hows that for PC?) Be yourself if people want sensitive send em a John Tesh cd.
Dean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:03 am 

HELL YEA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:45 pm 
Hill Climber

[quote='Chaindrive Rail']Now that I think about it I've never seen a little buggy on this hill either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVAGQsEFjL0

I did however see one drive off of it.

Curt[/quote]

With a running start like that I could climb it with a Edsel Station Wagon.
If I'm still welcome I'll be down this fall. I'm fine with the little buggy now by the way. I've seen your unit and it makes mine look little. By unit I mean buggy.
Dean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:51 pm 

I agree that "little buggies" (the term does not offend me in the least) are not in the same category as what you run, whereas I doubt you could climb with the guys in the iceland videos. Where we ride, there is not enough room for the width. No matter how big or bad your buggy is, there is someone somewhere that is badder. (Those videos from iceland show hills that look impossible to climb, yet they do sometimes). If size is no limitation, then yes, the longer the wider, the bigger the better. Again, it all depends on where and how you ride. Also how much you want to spend. Mark Settles does not have a chain drive and says he can go anywhere anyone else (in his area i guess) can. Is thie true? Have you EVER had a non-chain drive climb something that you didn't ? Or could go anywhere else you did?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:33 pm 

Hey curt why didnt you make some of them hills that no( little buggies )can climb when you were down their memorial day?You looked and talked about doin them but said there wasn`t enough people to do it then or didnt want to waste your propane?I`m not bad mouthin you or your buggy you took me on a hell of ride(I loved every minute of it)but dont bad mouth the hills at DandK I have a few vids of you making two or three trys on hills that charlie and darrel made their first try but thats why every bug is built different and thats what I love about this sport everybody has their own idea of what works and what doesnt, hell before we went down there I couldn`t believe those trencher tires worked as well as they do,boy was I wrong!!I would love to go to the creek sometime but thats probably a 11 hour drive maybe well get down there sometime,but till I can get down there you can be king of the hill:P :P :P

aaron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:13 am 
off

Last edited by bruce 1 on Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:28 am 
Global moderator

Hi Bruce, I was there too. Just before I broke my transaxle. I think one other buggy made it up. Can't remember his name. I think his wife video'd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:50 pm 

where can I find the video link to the little buggies climbing the wall at etna at?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:38 pm 
You said it about Aetna, I did not!!! But since you must have been there, then tell it like it was. AND I AM STILL NOT BAD MOUTHING ANYBODY!!!!! At Aetna there was probley arround 25 to 30 hills that were climbed. 29 were climbed by LITTLE BUGGYS AND A 4X4 !!! ONLY 3 WERE CLIMBED BY CHAINDRIVES!!! No offence to anybody. the truth is the truth. SO ,since you were there sdbillyg and did make the comment that sounds like to me that the chaindrives climbed better than the LITTLE BUGGYS. But from the score you kept it is 29 to 3 Little buggys are kicking ASS!!!! And at D&K the score was about 100 to 3 or 4 but I will give you 5 to be on the safe side. So up at D&K 100 to 5 little again!! But there again it"s my opinion, All buggys are great, even if it was a 3 wheel buggy. If it is for off-road I like it no matter what kind it is. And none of this is to down or make fun of Chain drive buggys. The person that came up with the chaindrive set up is very smart, and my hat is off to you. Curt says his dad came up with it, some guys from Alabama say they came up with it. I dont know but it does work and is a great set up. BUT I DID JUST BUILD A NEW SINGLE SEATER IN THE SMALL TYPE, AND THE REASON I WENT WITH IT (small type) IS BECAUSE I LIKE THEM AND I LOVE TO CLIMB, AND EVERY WHERE I HAVE BEEN THEY ALWAYS DO BETTER OVER ALL. But if I just wanted to ride trails, ruts, or rock and climb a few hills I would have a chaindrive!!! and as I stated before for you Curt: there are a few chaindrive guys that do have big balls to get on the steep hills. And as I stated after Aetna Curt you are king of the Wall at Aetna. (remember I said the Wall only) But it did take some balls to climb it, because if you dont make it Danny saw what the consiqunces are when you do not make that hill. I still hope this did not offend any-body but if it did Oh well I will not lose any sleep over it. And At Aetna I or we did not call out anybody all that was said was The best Hill Climbers in the USA would be there, and some people got their panties in a knot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:38 pm 
BOTM Winner

BIG BUGGYS,littal buggys, THE KEY WORD IS BUGGYS AND TO ME THAT IS WHAT MAKES THEM COOL! IN AL I ROAD IN A CHAIN DRIVE THAT COULDNT CLIMB A LADDER BUT IV SEEN ONE CHAIN DRIVE JUST AMAZE ME ON HOW WELL IT DOSE. ITS LIKE IV BEEN TOLD THAT A SINGLE SEATER WILL OUT CLIMB ATWO SEATER .BUT I THINK THE RIGHT DRIVER WITH ENOGH SEAT TIME CAN MAKE ANY THING GO! NO MATTER WHAT IT HAS,ONE SEAT ,TWO SEATS, CHAIN'S OR CV'S :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:35 am 

You cant say you out climbed somebody if you dont hit the baddest hill on the mountain and that is the wall!The wall is the hardest hill at enta to climb with truck or buggy.So should you get more points for less challenging hills and more for hard ones.I do have a little unit and I could careless about hillclimbing.If yore going to say you out climbed somebody dont judge on the number of hills just who climbed the baddesthill of the day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:05 am 
I dont judge anybody on any hill. I feel like if you try a hill make it or not, you have balls. All I have stated is what I have seen. And it is the truth and the fact and can be backed up by video. Willie I agree with you and I think Eric has also stated it if it is a buggy it is cool. Also it was stated you might be the best at one place but you will not be at another!!!! Curt is probley the best at the Creek? But he will never be the best at D&K. because it is not his back yard. And to set things straight there was arround 25 hills climbed at Mt Aetna. And your right I had to help a broke chain drive buggy that took 5 or 6 hours to fix. And again as I have stated there was only TWO (2) CHAINDRIVES THAT EVEN TRIED TO CLIMB!!!! most sit back and watch witch is OK also. It is still a buggy, and I like them. And sdbillyg some people was taken to one of the bad hills at D&K and never even pulled up on it, that is what I was told, and video proves it! I like riding with all kinds of buggys, but no-body will ever be the best at all places. Some will do better at one place and others will do better at other places. As I stated before also the reason I went with the small type single seater is because at ALL of the places I have ever been the LITTLE BUGGYS do better!!!! And just think if you put spikes on charlies buggy with him driving it, It would climb a pine tree backwards!!!! You would think that everyone would get allong and just be glad that their is buggys still arround. Because arround here it is a dieing breed! Every body is going to jeeps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:56 am 
Most people that do not try hills and are trail riders are smarter than most, because they do not have to fix as many things that get broke. because it is tough on your buggy climbing hills, and you are going to break things no matter what kind of buggy you have!

And as far as hills at D&K. I have read some post on this site that said there was not any very big hills at D&K. This is very wrong! 99% of all people that has been to D&K have not even seen the big hills there. How it is done there if you are a hill climber or a self proclaimed hill climber, but Darrell or Charlie and a few more does not know if you are big hill climber. Then you will be taken to a not so bad hill to see how you do first, then to a little bader hill to see how you do, and so on. If you were there you probably went to this hill, but only 2 buggys climbed it that day Darrell and Charlie (the picture is of another day) the hill is wide enough to take a D9 bull dozer up it if it would go. No body else had the balls to even try it. If they would have tried it and made it they would have gotten to go to a little bigger hill next. The reason for this is they or we do not want anybody to get hurt at D&K. There again 99% of people that has been to D&K have not even seen the very bad hills!!! But most did not even try the medium hills!!! :-x

Last edited by bruce 1 on Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:01 pm 
The hill in the picture you were taken to and did not even pull up on it. And FYI A chaindrive with bolted tires is what tore up that hill!!! (not you) Your buggy does great and is probably the best hill climbing chaindrive buggy out there. as I have stated! you did tell people you would not waste your propane on a hill. Well if you had tried a few people might have beleived you are the best. I will give you the same at Mt Aetna I would have climbed the Wall but I was nearly out of 114 gas is why I did not! That is the same statment as you have made. I guess I could come to the creek and at every hill make the same statment, it would be no different than what you have made. And no Charlie did not make me say he is the best at hill climbing. The facts are HE IS!!!! I still think all buggys are a good thing, and there will always be someone better than you. (this in general) I like to ride and climb and play, and I do it often and I do it at the best of my ability. And that takes me to alot of places with some great freinds. I am byfar not the best hill climber out there or in the top. but I have a lot of fun doing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:58 pm 
Global moderator

I wish I had the methane that all yall's bullshit would produce. I would convert my buggy to run on it and beat both of you up that hill. Forget Aetna, and D&K and meet on neutral ground. For instance Wilborns on Labor day. Put on a show and someone leaves with braggin rights and a few bucks to match. I might not make it up the hill but I will bring yu a strap. Love ya, mean it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:31 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen :lol:

Can we all just agree the "little buggies " are best and leave it at that :lol: :twisted: :lol: :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk