It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:50 pm

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: beadlock rims
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:04 am 
BOTM Winner

need a good source for a set of beadlock rims

**********"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
- Antonio Meloni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:33 pm 

http://www.mrt-wheels.com/ this is a company that will make any offset or alloy . the name of the company is mrw /marsh racing wheels theay also come with a life time warranty theay made me a set with 8 inch inset on a 10 inch rim and 4 inch fronts with 1 inch inset .mine were the extreem rock crawler edition theay will build to suit you . there# is 1-800-643-3625 theay will take care of your beadlock needs theay are located in Arkansas but will ship anywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:01 am 

If you want steel just buy some Empi steel wheels and a set of weld on beadlocks from speedway motors. Depending on size you would have less than $150 per wheel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:18 am 
BOTM Winner

STEEL WHEEL

If you want steel wheel beadlocks, it's cheap to build your own. Last pair I built for a buddy, we got the kits from Summitt Racing. Both kits including shipping were about 105 bucks. Send me your old wheels and I will install the kits for you.

ALUMINUM WHEEL

If you want aluminum, that's a bit more difficult to choose. The prices vary tremendously. I run aluminum on mine and found the best value for the money is to run a late model stock car wheel with an adapter. Mad Mike can hook you up with a pair of bullet proof adapters. Stock car wheels are cheap and light and very strong. If you want a direct bolt on wheel with a VW pattern, expect to pay big money.

R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:20 am 

If you have aluminum wheels already and you don't want to buy new rims you can get weld on bead locks for them as well.Give Drew's Offroad a call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:31 pm 
BOTM Winner

thanks for all the info. i bought these beadlocks (from mrw) a couple of years ago just wasnt comfortable welding them to my new rims.(new at the time not any more) i was gonna buy new rims with beadlocks but by the sound of it the weld-on setup isnt all that difficult. do the rings have to be completely welded all the way around the rim or will a few stitch welds every 2 inches or so work. any other tips or tricks i should know about?

**********"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
- Antonio Meloni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

You have to weld them the whole way around because you are not using the old bead inside the rim anymore you are using the outer bead and the beadlocks clamp the tire to the wheel. I always ran a bead of silicone and smeared it in on top of the weld just incase there is a pinhole in the weld. If You can afford it in the future go with aluminum rims. As I'm sure you know the less rotating mass the faster the rev and more hp you gain at the rear wheels. Like Roy said, the late model and sprint car wide 5 wheels are fairly cheep and you can get an adapter made. Thats the way Roy, Mad Mike and I are running. If you need help finding wide five wheels let me know I'll keep an eye out for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:07 pm 

[quote='DVS1']You have to weld them the whole way around because you are not using the old bead inside the rim anymore you are using the outer bead and the beadlocks clamp the tire to the wheel. I always ran a bead of silicone and smeared it in on top of the weld just incase there is a pinhole in the weld. If You can afford it in the future go with aluminum rims. As I'm sure you know the less rotating mass the faster the rev and more hp you gain at the rear wheels. Like Roy said, the late model

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

I have $300 tied up in mine. Both were bought off of E-bay, one was brand new and the other was barely used. New, they are about $400 to $500 a pair. I don't know anybody offhand selling some but I'll keep an eye out for you.

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk