It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:46 am

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:41 pm 

Thats right $1000 dollars :D :D :D will be paid to the winner of the hill climb compitition at Wilborn Outdoors off road park Labor day weekend,so if you think you got what it takes or just want to watch some great hill climbing come and join us all weekend.Chaindrives are allowed to compete but No STUDDED TIRES,this should be a great weekend at Wilborns.There will also be a mud bog for 4 wheelers paying back $250 in 4 different classes and also barrel racing.Remember there over 100 miles of trails and a large swimming area with a rope swing to keep you busy all weekend.The park is open to basically any type of off road vehicle without studded tires, so bring whatever you ride and have fun. :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:02 pm 
Count me in! along with 15 to 20 others. I have a feeling that A "RED" hot single seater will win that $1000.00. :lol: :-x see you there :!: :!: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:29 pm 

What are the rules? 4wd buggies allowed? How is the winner determined?
Also can you give me the address there so I can do a mapquest on it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:53 pm 

Hey Bruce, are referring to your hot red single seater or that other hot red single seater that already has 1 win under its belt.Now for the rules of the hillclimb,all types of buggys 2&4 wheel drive, chaindrives are allowed but NO STUDDED TIRES I have not been told the final rules but it should be a timed event to the top of the hill, nothing racing back down.I do know there will be no practicing on the hill prior to the event,the owners are keeping it a secret until the event, it will then be barricaded so no one can get on it before the event.There have been more planning by the owners on this event with alot more money being paid out,so come on down and help support our sport of WOODSBUGGYS,the owners are doing alot to help keep a great place to ride open.You can call 1-800-337-3878 this is the # for Wilborn Outdoors if this dont work let me know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:04 pm 

Update on contact # for the labor day event 1-256-737-9595 1-256-338-2473 1-256-338-0196 one of these should do the job :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:25 pm 
I just talked to Mark and he is bringing both of his rides to try it. I guess he will have to settle for 2nd and 3rd place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:09 pm 

Well that answered my question I guess you are planning on unleashing the beast youve been building in Ky. If Mark is bringing both ,that means he is loading up for bear,if people are limited to the amount of runs ,that just doubles his chances of winning.I this is building up to be quite a show,its really gonna be competitive between regular buggys and the chaindrives.I guess we can settle this debate once and for all on whos the best,so run what you brung and hope you brought enough EXCEPT STUDDED TIRES.Sorry chaindrives yall will be on rubber just like everybody :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:37 pm 
BOTM Winner

Hmmmm, might have to head south instead of north for the Labor Day weekend.

Roy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:06 pm 
Come on Roy it would make you one hell of a trip, to a place you have never been. And you could bring home 2nd place (I would have said 1st but I will be bringing that home). I have heard that Willy has already chickened out, and has made an excuse that he is going to a faimily reunion. :twisted: :!: :!: I hope alot of people from this site will go since I did not get to ride but with just a few of you at D&K. (due to working on my single seater)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:34 am 
BOTM Winner

No way I could compete with the 2500cc boys. Way to much power for me to compete with plus the drilled valves just give you guys so much of an advantage. It's almost not fair.
Wouldn't mind giving it a shot though. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:03 pm 
Hill Climber

Unless you hit a sharp rock. I've seen what sharp rocks can do to the big chaindrive. Listen everyone as annoyingly confidant as this guy is. And I would love to rip on him about it, Curt gave me a ride Memorial Day at D&K and I still smile when I think about it.
Dean

Last edited by D. Marks on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:11 pm 
Global moderator

Hey Curt, the nearest address to Wilborn's is

Stouts Mountain Baptist Church
3775 County Road 522
Hanceville Alabama, 35077

The park is acutally about a mile further down on the left, you can't miss it. you will probably come in on I59 from Gadsden , where I will come down I65. Look forward to seeing those grapple hooks in action.,,,Marty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:02 pm 

I hade the privelege of meeting curt and his father today at wilbarns orv. and look forward to seeing them at the hillclimb. I thank curt and his father for the advice theay gave me today THANKS TONY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:17 pm 

What kind of advise did they give you? Did they advise you to let your POP drive it for you...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:35 pm 

NO! Curt advised me to save ourselves the trouble and cost of entering a conventional buggy. That it was all about that 700 hp chain drive with 44 in. tires. My buggy is in a different playing field. In fact, it is an open hill climb. If you've got what it takes BRING IT!!!!

Post subject: Curts dad
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:09 pm 
Global moderator

I too saw Curt's dad and had the privilege or riding him in a real rail buggy. haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:38 am 
Good news Sharpshooter!!! A little buggy (as some call it) that can do it, is now comming to represent the state of KY. He will represent very well and I would place my money on him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:14 am 
Hill Climber

[quote='wildpinto']NO! Curt advised me to save ourselves the trouble and cost of entering a conventional buggy. That it was all about that 700 hp chain drive with 44 in. tires. My buggy is in a different playing field. In fact, it is an open hill climb. If you've got what it takes BRING IT!!!![/quote]

WTF? I hope thats a joke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:32 am 

Tony your not far from that HP mark are you? Drill those valves and your there. Dont make me call TOBIN and help you up that hill!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:12 am 

chopper, you know you don't have the sack to ride with me sober so show up and I will add a seat and helment for you . And go a head and CALL TOBIN he will fill your seat :lol: YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CALL A CHAIN DRIVE WITH OUT STUDS OR SPIKES :razz: :razz: :razz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:13 am 

PARKED

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:03 pm 

:lol: man this is a rough crowd :lol: :!: 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:10 pm 
DAMM YALL GOT ME SCARED NOW!!!!!! I SURE AM GLAD I AM NOT COMMING :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:11 pm 
NOT :!: :!: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:37 pm 

Hey just so that there are no last minute secrets,I just picked up my new motor for the hill climb,I got a friend in the air national guard that got me a deal on a used F-16 Fighter Jet Engine,I just got to work out the mounting details :wink: :wink: :wink:

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk