It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:18 am

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:18 am 

who won what. what was the trouble all about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:56 am 
Global moderator

Mark from Ky :-x was first, Robert from Muscle Shoals was second, and the Big Cheeze was third., all within about a second or two. I am sure David Crews will post official times soon. It was a lot of fun and everyone behaved great. Thats all I'm gonna say about thaaat. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:59 am 
Global moderator

Oh yea , Im heading back today to ride some more. Probably gonna be the best day for hill climbing. firebug out 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:04 am 

Mark beat the Cheese? Wow, maybe he IS the best...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:28 pm 
WB Videographer

KY proud baby !!!!! way to go mark!! :D !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:09 pm 
Global moderator

Just got in from Wilborns. Saw some great hill climbing. Wildpinto's dad walked up a hill on his rear tires , then Wildpinto showed us how to endo down. Curt sailed up a 80 degreee bluff about 60 ft . Video to come soon. I got a set of those oil injectors like Dean had. Keeps the skeeters at bay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:02 pm 

Ky-bc, I never had no doubt!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:55 pm 

[quote='Eric DeBord']Every buggy has it's place, and NONE excel at all types of climbing, imo. Some are better at rough ditchy terrain and some are better at climbing highwalls, some are better in deep mud, and some are better at racing. It all depends on what kind of riding you do the most of, imo. If the hill is somewhat smooth, then a high geared buggy may win. If it is real ditchy, then bigger tires might win. Everyone thinks theirs is the best, and that's cool. Mark Settles says his buggy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:05 pm 

Mark done what he came to do. TOOK your money honey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:39 pm 
Global moderator

Sounds like he had some help. The hill climb was more of a barrel race than the barrel race. It was a uphill race designed for speed for small buggies not anything to do with climbing . Some money stayed in Alabama and some went to Tennessee. If you weren't there you missed the real hill climb.Image

Last edited by Firebug on Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:46 pm 

Care to elaborate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:03 pm 
Global moderator

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:12 pm 

I'll take the $1000.00 bucks over a picture and 1000 words any day. I'd still like to know what you meant by the last post. "Sounds like he had some help". Sounds insinuating. Might just give some people the wrong idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:01 pm 
Global moderator

Well then it worked, it sounds insinuating. You insinuated that Mark took the money but in reality the money was earned by Mark and Robert , and Curt, and if it had payed through 6 places the Subaru bug with big tires would have also. You can't take the $1000 unless you take it from those. I said the hill was designed for small buggies. It was but I am not insinuating it was purposeful. But it may have been. Oh yea, I took so long to respond because I spent the last half hour responding for a phone call that was the result of this forum and our comments. Ain't it fun and hope to see all yall soon. Love ya ,,,mean it. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:45 pm 

I was responding to Greg Adkins remark that Mark didn't climb the Southern Buggy's BLVD hill. That wasn't what Mark came there to do. He entered a hill climbing contest and won plan and simple. He did not pick the hill they did. He never even seen it until he got there. People are trying to make this about this other hill that had nothing to do with the hill climbing contest and now it seems the hill was made for little buggies or if it had paid out 6th, 10th or 20th place all kinds of people could have won. What's it going to be next. You said OTHERS were too intimidated to try this other hill but there's a difference in being intimated by something and having the good since to know what your equipment can or can't do, which some people find hard to do. Mark's not out to impress anyone. He don't have too. He was invited down to participate and he did. Be happy for those that won. I am, especially the one that won 1st place. Bye the way even if Mark had lost we his friends would have still been proud of him. Also, if people are going to give other people grief when they enter and win one of these hill climbing contest it won't be long before they won't have anyone to enter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:51 pm 

[quote='Greg Adkins'][quote='Eric DeBord']Every buggy has it's place, and NONE excel at all types of climbing, imo. Some are better at rough ditchy terrain and some are better at climbing highwalls, some are better in deep mud, and some are better at racing. It all depends on what kind of riding you do the most of, imo. If the hill is somewhat smooth, then a high geared buggy may win. If it is real ditchy, then bigger tires might win. Everyone thinks theirs is the best, and that's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:04 pm 
Global moderator

The hill is a play hill, even for me. I like to consider Mark a friend of mine. I met him at Morris Mountain hill climb and at D&K Memorial day. I have not met more nice people any other year in my life. Mark won the event but it is yet to be determined which machine and driver is the best hill climber . It was the best those involved could come up with at the time. All those involved deserve a round of applause. Let's try to make each event more interesting and many of them. I know I am not worthy to be in the arena with the likes of Mark, Eric Debord, The other Eric, Curt and his dad , heck any one out there reading this . But I hope I get to hang out with yall forever. Roll Tide 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:12 pm 
WB Videographer

[quote='railridernky']I was responding to Greg Adkins remark that Mark didn't climb the Southern Buggy's BLVD hill. That wasn't what Mark came there to do. He entered a hill climbing contest and won plan and simple. He did not pick the hill they did. He never even seen it until he got there. People are trying to make this about this other hill that had nothing to do with the hill climbing contest and now it seems the hill was made for little buggies or if it had paid out 6th, 10th or 20th

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:15 pm 

I am not saying Mark had anything to do with the hill,but for some odd reason every rock,root, and rut got covered up and the wall that was supposed to be cut at the bottom didn't get cut.Come on man a 4 wheeler stopped on the worst part then took back off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:25 pm 

Firebug, We will crawl before we walk.But as long as we don't quit we will get better, and as long as we break it will get stronger. You went this year from not finishing at Morris Mountain to 6th or 7th that is a hell of a lot better than those with the fast buggies who are to CHICKEN to attempt. WE HADE A BLAST SUNDAY, WHAT A SHOW. ROLL TIDE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:35 pm 

Greag Adkins, I got that ATV on video i will post it later this week.I also got video of him runing up to shelf rock on southern buggy blvd and and backing off 3or4 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:39 pm 

I know Mark well.. you cannot ask for a better guy. He just likes to ride and have a good time. Not really out to prove anything. He has the kind of attitude that if you do not feel comfortable with a hill, then don't hit it. Who cares? That is a lot better then to keep hounding someone and then they get hurt or destroy their machine over something that amounts to nothing. I LOVE to climb hills, been climbing for over 20 years, but no one talks me into hitting one if I don't want to do it. Joking and kidding with each other is fine... to a point. But I have seen a lot of people cross the line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:46 pm 

Well said Eric.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:50 pm 
Global moderator

8) aamen, but if that hill is climbed it's not by junk :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:04 pm 
Global moderator

Wildpint , you are my hero doing that back flip with no parachute. 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk