It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:48 pm

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Finally Rolled Mine
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:57 am 

Well all that jumping you guys seen in my photos finally screwed me. Theres a road by my house that has a really sweeping turn. As you go through the turn, right about in the center of it there is this ideal jump, in someones front yard. I've hit this "jump" before, and have never had any problems. I just drive off the road and into his yard, hit this four or so foot high hill, and land in the grassy field above which sits that four feet higher than the guy's yard. I did this the other day with my buddy in third gear, and was not so lucky. For whatever reason, I nose dived when I cleared the ramp. I stuffed my push-bumper straight into the ground, and end-o-ed it. My reverse light on the top of my cage is not scuffed at all, so I know when I did my end over end flip I was in the air. Hit the bumper on the ground, did a turn end over end in the air, landed on the right rear corner of my frame, then flopped back down on the wheels. I hit so hard my laced up tennis shoe flew off my foot. Other than a stiff neck I suffered no other injuries. My buddy got staples in his head and stitches in his leg. He'll be alright though. I fired it back up and drove it home before anyone could get plate numbers or the cops could show 8) . When I hit on the right rear corner it shoved the whole rear half of my buggy over- not sure what I want to do with that yet. I replaced the bent left front rim and the rear taillights and I've been driving it, seems like it is fine. It's a shame that there are houses where all our good trails used to be, so I have to resort to jumping it up here in Massillon. I need to go back to wellsville. Anyway, hopefully that'll get me in the rollover club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:38 pm 
Site Admin

I'm glad to hear that no was seriously injured. Talk to Dean I think that qualifies for the "RollOver Club".

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk