It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: This is what I love.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:18 pm 
Hill Climber

Everything about woodsbuggys is a blast. Well maybe not changing cv's in the mud. But it's almost all fun. My favorite part is hillclimbing. It is the most exciting, scary, unpredictable painfull way to ride. I could drive four hrs to ride. Climb one steep scary hill, loadup and go home. I'd be happy.
If you feel the same way tell us about it. It seems like everywhere I ride hillclimbers are the minority. Most guys just think we're nuts. I just wish they could roll over as many times as I have. They'd realize it don't hurt to long.
Dean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:20 pm 
BOTM Winner

Hey that would be me the 12 pack climber. but still ain't found enough beer to attept Mother F#@@#*.

Post subject: virgil
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:18 pm 

you will have to show me this hill the next time we come over to ride im sure it is at the cold spot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:04 pm 
Hill Climber

Thats where its at. Actually I thought Dave was going to roll on that one. It's the closest I've ever seen him come to rolling.
Dean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:57 am 
WB Contributor

You know your on a good hill when all you can see is the sky in front of you. The buggy os balanced on the back tires with the weight shifted for traction. Using the clutch ever so often to get the wheel speed back up and to power to kick in. Now thats a hill climb. I have seen some that climb amazing hills with the front tires never touching the ground. Seen them have to turn and steer around trees to get up the hills. It is amazing at the talent some have to be able to do it.

The Wild Kids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:00 pm 

I like when you hit a ledge at the top of a big hill,and it throws you on one back wheel and you have to wait a second to get back in the gas.Now thats a HILL! If it don't make you shake like an old Buick on bad gas,then its not a hill.When the day comes that i don't shake anymore,i'll sell my buggy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:42 am 
BOTM Winner

I'm with you on this one. I have been climbing hills for over 20 years and I still shake when I get on a good one. I'm not nearly as daring as I used to be when I was younger but I still have some balls left in me.

Roy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:17 am 
Hill Climber

Here here, I'm not afraid to tell anyone who asks that some of the hills we climb scare me to death. Thats were the adrenalin comes from. I have a ritual when climbing a steep one, and we have some VERY steep ones at the Cold Spot. Just wait till you get on Angina Ridge. First I take a leak. I don't want to piss myself during a rollover. Then I get in breath deep then let all the air out while pulling the harness tight as possible. Calm myself down, focus then let it rip. When you make it act like it's no big deal, been here before.
Dean

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk