It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:24 am

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: D and K Carnage
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:27 pm 

So lets hear the carnage. I trashed my tranny at the playground Sunday night. I had to get towed out. I'm just glad it was late sunday, since we were going home early sunday. With the exclusion of total breaking my motor was using more oil than gas by the end of the weekend. Even with that it was a great weekend. Its nice to just get away. It was nice meeting al the new faces. Have a good one!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:36 pm 
WB Contributor

It was good to have met you at the playground on Friday evening. Had a great time and other than a couple trannies giving it up, and several tires shredding. Don't think that there was much carnage that I heard about. Heard that Friday morning someone flipped off the middle hill at the playground. I made it to the top of the left hill and lost it over to the side. Thanks to Sharpshooter and the others that were riding with him that helped get me turned around and back off the hill. The dust was giving me fits when we left. Alternator quit charging on me. Going to wash it really good and see if I can get the dust off everything.

The Wild Kids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:27 pm 

Hey you still didnt climb that hill Its not on video!Just kiddin man,so your the one that got towed out sunday night,we were getting ready to head out on a night ride when your buddy came up and needed the key. whoever left sunday missed the best night ride of the weekend after the rain it was perfect NO DUST!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:05 pm 

I knew my mouth was going to get me in trouble. That damn hill has given me trouble for 3 years. I'm going to carry a vid. camera next time. Out of probly dozen plus tries, this weekend was the first time I made it. My buggy just can't back it self. I appreciate the help getting the gate key to get me back Sunday. It would have been a rough tow back on the main trail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:07 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

FLAT REAR TIRE ON THE WAY OUT AND PLUGGED AIR FILTERS. THANKS WILD KIDS FOR THE HELP ON THE FILTERS

Jesus loves me, but everyone else thinks im an asshole.

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:13 pm 
WB Contributor

Not a problem on the filters, a little trick I came up on when mine got clogged with mud once before. I do need trash cans again on mine that would help me I guess. I think everyone had trouble with the filters with all that dust. Lets ride again sometime.

The Wild Kids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:30 am 

Came back runnin, not one problem. I guess there's a first for everything!

-Blake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:31 am 

thanks for that ride back down the hill wild kids... i almost died trying to climb that thing.. i think if you would have hit that hill a little harder you would have made it!! i had a good time, that was the best place i have ever rode.. i would make that 13 hour drive again!! the people were nice, and thanks to all the people that helped us out.. we only got lost once! we would have been in really bad shape if we didnt run into a guy driving down the street.. thanks again to everyone.. that place is awesome..

brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:51 am 
BOTM Winner

I bent one of my tie rods and bent my right front wheel a little. Other than that I had no other problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:50 pm 

Roy, we got a vid of you doin a wheelstand getting caught in that vine on Sunday. Hope to get it posted this weekend, looks cool!

-Blake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:53 pm 
WB Contributor

Did anyone get a good video of Curt doing the wheelie at the playground? That would be a great vid I am sure.

The Wild Kids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:17 pm 
BOTM Winner

[quote='blbronc']Roy, we got a vid of you doin a wheelstand getting caught in that vine on Sunday. Hope to get it posted this weekend, looks cool!

-Blake[/quote]

I should have tried that hill in second gear but I chickened out. I believe I would have made it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:29 pm 

[quote='Roy'][quote='blbronc']Roy, we got a vid of you doin a wheelstand getting caught in that vine on Sunday. Hope to get it posted this weekend, looks cool!

-Blake[/quote]

I should have tried that hill in second gear but I chickened out. I believe would have made it.[/quote] I was there when you tried to climb that,you gave it a hell of a try.I climbed the one on the right of that one on sat. I was going try that center one until i found out i b

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk