It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:12 am

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:21 pm 
WB Contributor

When will it be enough, when will the Gas Companies have all the money they need. With record profits of the past year and gas prices still rising at the pumps. Here in Knoxville, gas has risen 32 cents in two weeks and I just talked with a friend that said it will be going up another 25 cents by this Friday. I am debating it I can afford to go anywhere this weekend or not with the buggy and my truck with these gas prices. What do we have to do start buying KY at the gas station before we pump our gas? This is getting to be ridiculous, I swear.

The Wild Kids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:03 pm 
BOTM Winner

Yea its sucks allright. I was interested in going to D&K however its an 8 hour drive one way. With the price of gas and the poor milage a 2006 Ford F-150 gets thats not going to happen! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:12 pm 
WB Contributor

I know what you mean. I am thinking about it hard to see if I can make it or not. With my truck getting 12 mpg it will cost me a fortune for gas to go and ride for a day and a half. Just playing it by ear right now. Just pissed about the gas prices.

The Wild Kids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:44 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

3.59 today here.
I drive my Beetle when I can.
My dually is a diesel so that helps since gas is higher now.
Hasn't always been that way.
Diesel was 2.75 Sunday here....... :evil:

Turbo VW Sand Racer
Polaris Ranger

"If you don't run into the Devil every once in awhile, you must be going in the same direction!"

Davis Motorsports FaceBook Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:02 pm 

Dude, live in Illinois, we're the highest in the nation (even CA and HI) from what I've found on the net. 8 hour drive to D&K for us with a 5 mpg RV. 450 miles one way. GOTTA LOVE IT!!!

-Blake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:16 pm 

cmon wild kids its going to be worth it bite the bullet come on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:03 pm 
WB Contributor

Still planning on being there, just going to hate giving them my wallet. Its only 130 miles for me each way so it won't be to bad. I get about 12 mpg in the truck, pulling the buggy up hill is going to drop that down to about 10. See you at D&K.

The Wild Kids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:21 pm 

thats what i wanted to hear see ya there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:29 pm 
BOTM Winner

It's 550 miles one way for me at 10mpg. No I don't like it a bit but I will be there. This will probably be the only trip this summer for me though.

Roy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:58 pm 
WB Contributor

Same here on the summer trips, this is going to be the only one. Was planning on going to Florida but that isn't going to happen as of now. Going to be there and lets have some fun and get to meet everyone and enjoy it while we can.

The Wild Kids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:06 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I agree that we ALL getting reamed by big oil, but most of us make one or two big trips a year to go riding. Dont let those crooks ruin them for us.

At 2.29 a gal., a 12 mpg truck would cost you roughly $58 to go 300 miles.
At 3.39 a gal., it'll cost you about $85.

What's $27 matter when you're gonna spend a couple of hundred by the time you get food and supplies. Not to mention the thousands in your buggy you spent to even have something TO ride. With the exception of the long distance trip in a 5mpg RV, it really aint that big a deal.

Dont get me wrong, it pisses me off , too, and I was raising a cuss about it until a buddy of mine told me to look at it that way. Its still worth it for a weekend of forgetting about the daily grind and putting money worries out of your head for a little while. You'll feel better and be able to work harder for a while after that kind of stress-relief.

Just my way of justifying the spending. :roll:
(This is probably just the way the oil tycoons want people to think. I'm gullable :twisted: )

Cut back on the smokes (or whatever your vice might be), eat some hamburger instead of steak for a couple weeks, skip a lunch or two, whatever it takes.

Now get your asses to the woods!!!

Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:20 pm 
BOTM Winner

i could'nt agree more with larry, sure were all pissed but this is what we do to relax and enjoy our free time. you dont see george bush and his cronies saying a damn thing about the soaring cost of fuel....why?... because there getting FILTHY RICH!!!!! and while were at it, look at what the Iraqi war is costing.....BILLIONS!!! why are we there? because of wepons of mass distruction? to free an oppressed country...........BULLSH**!!! BIG OIL!!!! rember this when election time comes around pay attention to the issues and get out and vote. things can and will change.

**********"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
- Antonio Meloni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:21 pm 
BOTM Winner

Larry,
While I can not dissagree with your logic, as long as we are doing the math lol, Wellsville is only a little over an hour and a half from me. It makes it hard to justafy the trip. You know 3 hour round trip versus 16 hour round trip. That leaves me with 13 hours of additional riding time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:29 pm 
WB Contributor

So pack up and come on to D&K we will be waiting for you guys. I am going to be there just pissed about the gas is all. Later folks

The Wild Kids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:52 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

[quote='Odyknuck']Larry,
While I can not dissagree with your logic, as long as we are doing the math lol, Wellsville is only a little over an hour and a half from me. It makes it hard to justafy the trip. You know 3 hour round trip versus 16 hour round trip. That leaves me with 13 hours of additional riding time.[/quote]

I hear ya, as long as you are going SOMEWHERE to enjoy yourself. I wish I was only an hour and a half away from somewhere with some good climbing!! (I probably

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:33 am 

Hey guys, if bhallou can drive a 1000 miles from ok. to join the fun, I believe the rest of us can make it, see yall there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:30 am 
WB Contributor

He gets the pat on the back for making that drive for sure. Can't wait to see you all tomorrow and on Saturday. Getting ready to start packing when I pick up my son from school this afternoon. Buggy is already loaded up just have to hook up and get on the road.
See you there.

The Wild Kids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:24 pm 
WB Contributor

[quote='Chaindrive Rail']I don't care what the powers that be say, this country does run on fuel and we are being robbed at the pump, grocery store, etc. In my neck of the woods the economy has went from bad to worse with no light at the end of the tunnel in sight. The gas crisis is a very complicated one. The real problem with this country is we gave up our rights in the name of safety and PC and all we ever do is bitch about it. No one stands up to our government and says hell no and if you d

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk