Public Hearing to Save Hillz N Hollarz
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
7:00 PM
(Arrive Early)

Henry County Courthouse
30 N. Main Street
New Castle, KY
Dear Off-Road Enthusiasts,
As many of you know, HillzNHollarz received a Cease of Operations Letter from GREG DEROSSETT-Henry County Zoning Admin. I had the opportunity to meet with Mr. DEROSSETT last Friday to discuss this cease of operations and several other issues regarding the operation of our private club. Mr. DEROSSETT indicated that in order to operate a private club or recreational facility, one must apply for a conditional use permit per the Henry County Zoning Ordinance. On May 4, 2007, I received my first letter from Mr. DEROSSETT indicating that I needed a conditional use permit and for me to simply come to his office and pay the appropriate permit fees. 5 days later on May 9th, 2007, I received a 2nd letter from Mr. DEROSSETT indicating that I needed to cease the club operation ASAP. In that same letter, Mr. DEROSSETT indicated that I had 14 days to cease operations of the park and come before the zoning board for a conditional use permit. (Confusing, huh?)
It strikes me odd that I would receive 2 letters from Mr. DEROSSETT less than a week apart both contradicting the other. Upon further research I found that Mr. DEROSSETT has been in his current position since November 2006 and this is his first debut as a KY zoning Admin. I have also learned that Mr. DEROSSETT has contacted the Army Corp of Engineers with water concerns regarding the park. The Corp was unaware of this club until Mr. DEROSSETT contacted them.
The local zoning board has agreed to hear our message about obtaining a conditional use permit to operate a safe, LEGAL riding environment for off road enthusiasts. Law Enforcement has recently purchased ATVs with OUR TAX dollars to help reduce criminal trespassing and illegal off road riding throughout the county. It would seem that a SAFE, LEGAL, Off-Road club/park would be a welcomed site to Henry County.
I believe that some locals are under the impression that this park/club is not needed. (Some of have political agendas others have personal agendas).
I am asking for your PERSONAL support to keep this park/club open so that you, your children, and their children will have a place to enjoy nature without having to worry about being arrested for trespassing.
Please join me and other off-road hobbyists from around the state to share and voice our opinions at the upcoming zoning hearing. Attendance speaks volumes. If you are unable to attend, will you please e-mail a letter to hillznhollarz@aol.com stating why you enjoy this park/club, what it means to you, and how it will affect you if this park/club goes away.
Being a current property owner of Henry County for 9+ years and having a place to ride is very important to me. What concerns me is if this conditional use permit is not granted, where is everyone that doesn

'67 Fastback mca#63430
new Rail buggie
87 sami - "SPLATTT2"
vote! - http://top4x4sites.com/cgi-bin/arp/rank ... d=woodsbug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:47 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Y'ALL WROTE ANY LETTERS YET?!?!?

Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:17 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Who's sent emails yet??? :!: :!: :!: :?:

C'MON Y'ALL !! Help him out, this was gonna by training grounds for my wife and young 'uns!! About 1 1/2 hours from the house.

Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:26 pm 
Hill Climber

I will be honest I would love to help and planned to go there this summer and ride with you guys. But I don't know what to write. I don't know how to say what a place means to me. I sent an email and offered any help I could give. Even thought if this cost him money we could do some sort of fundraiser. But I still do not know what to write.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:12 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I just wrote that "it is a place to get together with my family and friends that I dont see otherwise" and how it teaches my boys that there is more to life than XBox games and there is more to being outdoors than baseball and cook-outs....blah blah blah. And how the place provides a fun, safe place for our brand of motorsports and it keeps people from riding where they should NOT be.

I dont think it matters what you write, just that you DO write.

Give it a shot. Two sentences would be enough. I tend to rattle on sometimes when I get a train of thought going. (As if you hadn't noticed already :twisted: !)

Thanks, Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:27 pm 
BOTM Winner

Closing of riding area is a pet peeave of mine. I wrote how the Goverment allows big business to polute our land with deadly chemicals and yet we do a little erosion damage and we are thrown out Go figure. The big business gets fined and its merly a drop in the bucket compared to what it would cost them to actually dispose of the Shit properly. Lobbiset Groups Gotta love im.............................NOT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:45 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

THANKS, Ody!!!! :D 8) :D

Larry

Post subject: Hillz-N-Hollarz
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:42 am 

Last nights Planning and Zoning meeting didn't let out until about 11. The discussion was tabled to the next meeting. They are going to let him let people ride there for now for donations only. When I hear when the next meeting is I will post and let everyone know.

Post subject: Re: Hillz-N-Hollarz
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:03 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

[quote='turtleman']Last nights Planning and Zoning meeting didn't let out until about 11. The discussion was tabled to the next meeting. They are going to let him let people ride there for now for donations only. When I hear when the next meeting is I will post and let everyone know.[/quote]

Cool, progress!!

Turbo VW Sand Racer
Polaris Ranger

"If you don't run into the Devil every once in awhile, you must be going in the same direction!"

Davis Motorsports FaceBook Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:56 pm 
WB Contributor

Glad to hear that they are going to let the riding continue for now. Hope it continues on this path and will be able to stay open for people to ride.

The Wild Kids

Post subject: Hillz-N-Hollarz
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:00 pm 

Dear Off-Road Enthusiasts,
On behalf of HillzNHollarz, I would like to personally thank everyone who attended last night

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:45 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

8) :D 8) Good news!!! 8) :D 8)

Larry

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk