It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:18 am

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: KING OF THE HILL!!!!
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:00 am 
If you did not come you missed a big time and a very exciting show. Mark Is KING of MORRIS MOUNTAIN hill climb! I nearly got kicked out of the place, because the rock crawler people that was judging the event DQ one buggy after he made the fastest climb. At the finish line Willy crossed the line on 1 back wheel and a man was standing in the way if Will would have went straight in the stopping area he would killed the man he was running so fast. So he grabbed a turnning break cut right then cut left to keep from hitting people that were in the way. The judges then DQ him. Willy and myself then told them there was a man standing in the way. They called us a lier. I went and got a video to show them and they threatened to kick me out. I told them to kiss my ASS! I raised cain for another 10 or 15 minunts allong with Sharpshooter (David) and many other people. They finally rulled the DQ and Willy was in 1st place but Mark went and made another pass and made top time again. The rock crawlers did not like the buggys making the faster times. There was one professional UROC 4x4 buggy there ($150,000 buggy) and he could not beat the buggy class. Over all we had a great time and saw many bad flips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:16 am 

Bruce, are you talking about our Mark. I thought he decided not to go! I thought you decided not to go! Did Charles go? Did you get any video? My brother is in from Alabama this weekend and we are going to HillzNHollarz today to check it out. It's pretty close to home. Give me a call with all the details. Wes

Post subject: YES
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:56 am 
I will call you tonight. YES,YES,YES, YES

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:01 pm 
Hill Climber

Pic's??? Video??? Lets see them. I want to hear more.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:34 pm 

I know youve all heard by now but its great to brag about how well the woodsbuggys done on a ROCK CRAWLERS hill,they kicked ASS.Mark and Willy stole the show,nobody thouht the small buggys would ever get up the hill much less over the huge rock at the top,again congrats to Mark & Crazy Willy.Hopefully Charles will have some video posted soon.And for the ones that missed the show we are having another hillclimbing event 4th of july at Hanceville AL, more details later,I beleive the next hill will be more buggy freindly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:32 pm 

The rockcrawler guys at the event are all old buggy riders.They Knew buggys were faster,but still choose to compete,so my hat goes off to all of them.The only thing the officals got mad about was gassing on it and grabbing the cutting break.The guy should not have been in the way,but 2 wrongs don't make a right.Good job to all who competed.Thank you from SOUTHERNBUGGYS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:01 pm 

I had a great time. I enjoyed seeing the buggies run. Most of you guys were giving it your all. At one point the top time was 34.3 by Mark and a 4x4 got 34.4. I hope more hillclimb/rockracing events like this happen in the future.

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:16 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Here's a link to a nice video. Only thing they left out was the winning run by Mark Settles!

http://www.offroadalabama.com/forums/vi ... .php?t=789

Bruce, Call me, I want a play by play!!

DAMMIT, I KNEW I SHOULD OF WENT :twisted: !!!!!!!!!!!

Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:12 am 

to bad they wouldnt let me and curt run in it....good job mark...and it was nice to meet you and your wife at bitter creeck me and curt are getting ready for dk take care c-ya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:31 pm 
BOTM Winner

Makes me wonder why they didn't allow chain drives on the mountain. I guess they figured you all would kick everybodys asses pretty good. If I owned a chain drive, I would have been upset that they wouldn't let me play.

Roy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:38 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Cool video.
Could have done without the background music.
Couldn't quite hear what some of the guys were saying.
I'd rather hear a VW engine at full tilt to be honest........ :lol:

Turbo VW Sand Racer
Polaris Ranger

"If you don't run into the Devil every once in awhile, you must be going in the same direction!"

Davis Motorsports FaceBook Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:12 pm 

Cool stuff. I wonder how the XRRA buggies would do on the woods stuff?

http://jeep.off-road.com/jeep/article/a ... ?id=423477

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:29 am 
The guy that placed 2nd in the 4X4 class was in a rock buggy just like the pictures. It was a very impressive looking rock truck. Some one told me he competes in WE-ROCK. http://www.we-rock.cc/

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk