It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:27 am

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:39 am 

I finally got my tranny rebuilt and my motor on the other day! I put my radio in today. man, what a difference a 4 puck clutch makes. i didnt realize how bad it was slipping, but now when i tell it to go, it goes!

i guess i will be the only one from Oklahoma on memorial day! i'll be coming in thurs evening. i need to put in a good test ride in before i head east.

i cant wait, how do i get a woodsbuggy.com sticker?

brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:07 am 

Send a pm to Dean with your address and Ask him for one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:55 pm 

Damn, now that's a drive!! You ever heard of Morton Buildings? We have a sales office there in Norman. I work at the home office in Morton Illinois.

-Blake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:56 pm 

Yeah thats what i was thinking but it seems like its going to be worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:55 pm 
Hill Climber

It'll be worth it!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:20 pm 

hehe,

yeah, i heard of em'! morton..... i need a new buggy shop! so what kind of deal can we work out?!!

with the group i ride with, every drive i make is worth it! i cant wait for d&k! we will all be there!

i'm looking foward to the show!!

brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:57 pm 

I'm not in sales so I don't have much pull on the prices, talk to the guys at the office and tell em you know me, they all know me there. See what they'll do for ya!

See ya at D&K!!

-Blake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:31 pm 
WB Contributor

How many hours of driving are you going to have to drive to make it? Have to give you an award for the longest drive maybe.

The Wild kids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:58 pm 

The funny thing is i was just at his walmart in Norman. I had to go to dallas to work then when i got there i had to go to the shop in OK. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:27 pm 

a cold one will be a good enough award for me! looks like it will be just under 1000 miles, thats if i make it, everything seems to be going to sheeit with the buggy, just broke a valve spring, (fixed now)... now i have oil leaks... but it will have to do more than that to keep me from going..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:52 pm 
BOTM Winner

I am fixing oil leaks as well. Have the motor out at the moment installing a rear main seal. I hope that takes care of it or I will have a very busy weekend ahead.

Post subject: Getting ready
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:57 pm 

Hey Brain, Ive rode with you at summertown with Bobby and that bunch,dont worry about oil leaks Iam breaking in a brand new buggy at D&K, see you there its gonna be wild

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:37 pm 

yeah i think i remember you, did u lose some bearings in your front wheel back there by hillbilly hill? the blue buggy with the steel oil lines?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:00 am 

Yeah that was me Ihad the end of the spindle break off,so I went with all aftermarket heavy duty arms and combo spindles on my new buggy,planning on trying to ride this saturday to shake it down, before leaving for D&K, look forward to riding with you again.I like your new buggy better than the other, but you know Iam a fugitive fan anyway, just couldnt get 4 seats in my fugitive,so I built a 4 seater chenowith explorer,Bobby bought my old frame and is rebuilding it, see ya at D&K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:12 pm 

Brian, dont worry about the oil leaks just keep adding oil. You know how mine leaks. IF ITS NOT LEAKING ITS NOT RUNNING!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:22 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I agree about the fugitive frames. I've always thought they were the sleekest looking factory made frame out there! Dont have one, but I think they are sharp looking!

Larrry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:45 am 

there is a buggy shop in kansas that has some good lookin frames too.. they call it the chop top frames, but you almost have to be a midget to get into them..

sharpshooter, i remember bobby telling me he bought that frame from you, i forgot what it looked like, i have a dvd from summertown and i put it in the video player today at work (bass pro) and i saw it today, it looks alot like mine.. i have to say you and everyone on that video are famous, theres always a crowd of people watching it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:16 am 
WB Contributor

I chopped the top off mine and added to it so I could use the poly seats instead of the fiberglass lay back seats. You will see it at D&K in a week. Can't wait to go.
The Wild Kids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:23 am 
BOTM Winner

I put a rear main seal in my motor the other night and put the motor back in and it was still leaking. I thought that's what it was but after pulling it back out and inspecting it again, I realized it is the cam plug leaking. I have never had one of my motors do this but the cam plug is actually loose enough that I can spin it in the case. I really do not have the time to tear it down to fix it right. It's to close to D&K for that. SO........I took a hammer and a screwdriver and peened it in 4 places to keep it from turning, cleaned everything really well and siliconed the hell out of it. It's a temporary fix but it will get me through the weekend. Getting ready to head out there and stick the motor back in and button everything back up. I will wait till the middle of the summer before I tear the motor down. I usually don't do much riding in the middle of the summer. It's to damn hot. I usually ride most of the winter and do my work on the buggy in the summer in the garage with the AC on. After the Wellsville trip in June, that will probably be it for riding until the end of the summer. That will give me time to freshen up the motor and re-seal it. When I do all of that I will go ahead and install my twin throttle body EFI system.

Looking forward to next weekend! I'm almost ready.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:56 am 
Hill Climber

I am going to get mine loaded up this weekend. I have to work in Indy all week so when I get home I can hookup and head out. She seems to be running pretty good right now. Look for me I'll be there early saturday morning. I am very excited. Hard to believe we have groups coming from as far as Oklahoma!! I can't wait to meet alot of people and take alot of pictures. Brett and I will be camped near Roy. Come look us up.
Dean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:33 pm 
BOTM Winner

What time should I be looking out for you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:56 pm 

i should be rolling in sometime thursday..

i hope to get all my oil leaks fixed tonight, i'm going on a little test ride tomorrow and if all goes well, i'll be ready..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:14 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:30 am 
BOTM Winner

It's been a year and a half since I have been there but he has a gas pump right there in the park. There is a gas station right down the road though. Not far at all. You may want to get it beforehand.
I have a spare king pin pittman arm I can bring. You still running the small taper tie rod ends from a king pin? You sure it's not a ball joint pittman arm?
I have both I think.

R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:06 pm 
WB Contributor

Need to try and get the Woods Buggy crowd together for a huge group photo. Can't wait to see you all there, going to talk with the Insurance company tomorrow about my truck.

The Wild Kids

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk