It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:20 am

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oh the pain
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:38 pm 

I went to the emergency room yesterday with a testy the size of a baseball :!: :!: Not to mention the intense pain in both my arms and legs. Come to find out I have some kind of infection in my testy (trying to be polite but considering the pain, NUT definately seems to be the better word)

I know alot of this is more info than you guys need but I figure maybe my pain will help someone else. The Doc says its a common thing in men, it just usually doesnt get this bad. If you ever have a problem with one of your nuts hurting every once in a while for no reason, most likely you have the same infection. As soon as you feel this coming on you should take 2-4 ibuprofens every 6 hours until the feeling goes away. This has been happening to me about every 3 months for the last 10 years. each time it last for a day or 2. I just never did anything about it. Trust me, you want to do something about it!

The pain was so bad it had my blood pressure up to 225 over 125 and it took 6 hrs of a morphine drip to get it down to a reasonable level.

Well now that I have everyones nuts hurting, Im gonna go take a pain pill and go to bed :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:11 pm 

All i can say is hope you start feeling better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:03 pm 
BOTM Winner

Get well soon. Sorry about your nuts man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:21 pm 
Master fabricator

Nothing like a Morphine drip to forget your nads. Makes me sore just thinking about it. Hope the boys feel better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:57 pm 
Hill Climber

So you literally have BIG BALLS or at least one big ball.
This is the kind of free flowing conversation I imagined when I started this site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:10 am 

Finally feeling a little better this morning. At least I can walk. Hopefully I will be 100% by the end of the weekend. I still havent even started packing up the shop yet :eek:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:57 pm 

Man, I've been there, I had one twist and stopped circulation, OUCH!!!

Good luck.

-Blake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:01 pm 

A little update...

After a week of antibiotics and pain killers I went to my doctors office with not much change in my condition other than additional problems. He ended up admitting me into the hospital where they ran test on me from tuesday morning till sunday afternoon.
They decided that the emergency room misdiagnosed my condition and were looking into either bacterial meningitis or tetnus. After a week a heavy antibiotics and pain killers they decided it is just a severe case of viral meningitis.
Im feeling much better now. Most of the pain is gone. I just feel wore out like I have the flu. I have to go back to see the doctor again tomorrow morning for another checkup and a few more tests.

I did find out during my hospital stay that I am claustrophobic. That damn MRI just about gave me a heart attack. They tried to give me some valium and try again the next day but it was not enough for me to let them stick me back in that test tube! I know I sound like a puss but that thing still gives me anxiety attacks just thinking about it. They are trying to set up something with an open MRI in Orlando.

Anyways, I hope to get back on the baja in a couple of days. Oh yeah, we dont have to move out of the warehouse anymore. My friends figured something out while I was in the hospital.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:31 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Glad you are feeling better. Makes me wonder why doctors are paid so much. All they do is make educated guesses. :? I guess its so they can afford their malpractice insurance premiums.

Larry

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk