It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:04 pm 

Sorry to hear bro :(

I can only imagine it's going to get even slower for them, every forum I'm on is talking about AlphaFab's lack of service

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:38 pm 

I have had the exact same run around with them as well. Down to the point that Shaun made up a tracking number and told me my order was held up in Tennessee I checked the number and found out it was a fake and even called the trucking company he told me and they said that no such product existed and the number didn't even match their system. After months I finally did receive my engine and gotta say fit, finish, and quality were all severely lacking to say the least. The engine did not run correctly and even had a bad crank sensor. I finally have gotten it right but with absolute zero help from shaun. The only thing they appear to be good at us the initial sales, talk, and taking money and then the progress stops! If anybody needs help feel free to pm me and I'll gladly try to help you out I run a 2.4 turbocharged

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:52 pm 

That's messed up, I know that sinking feeling in your gut, you shell some big bucks and wonder if you just got taken for a ride.
What pump are you running? I went through three different kinds until it worked and now the fourth one sounds like it's on the way out

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:01 am 

I'm running a summit pump its actually the same thing Shaun originally sent me which was my first clue cause when I opened the box it was a used pump and the terminals were broken off. I ordered the exact thing from summit and its worked just fine. I can look up the numbers tomorrow if you'd like. I also run a Mallory adjustable pressure regulator.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:02 am 

Damn I hate to hear you guys are sharing my situation. I originally started this thread to prevent others from getting burnt. Well hopefully now that this appears to be common for afi... No one else will endure our issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:06 am 

Its definitely a lesson learned. I was trying to do what was supposed to be the easy way by spending more and getting a kit and not having to run junkyards. In hindsight I should have done it myself and definitely will from now on. I hate it happened to others but I'm not feeling so all alone anymore, there seems to be a whole crew of us lol!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:09 am 

Yeah I'd really appreciate the summit numbers for the pump /regulator.
I'd like to do a turbo later when the initial thrill of the ecotec wears off

Last edited by stevie on Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:14 am 

I'll definitely get it for you tomorrow, gotta say now that everything is right turbo is a blast!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:34 pm 

The fuel pump I run is the summit brand, part number sum-g3137. I run the Mallory adjustable pressure regulator number 29389. If you can't find these let me know and I'll find a link for you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:53 pm 

Thanks, really appreciate it, I'll look them up right now

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:18 am 

My motor didn't run at all when I got it Alfa spent a ton of money to get it straightened out..Wish I would have got some money back. .I'm not going into details but I had a bad experience

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:30 am 

They do have a nice wiring harness and other things on a positive note. .Shawn tried to help but he couldn't figure it out neither so I took it to bluecat had several problems going on ..The wiring harness was messed up , fuel pump was a carter pump it was a mess , And I drove to Michigan 2 times to get my problem solved. .but came home after I got told it was fixed and it wouldn't start to get it off the trailer. Now I was pissed and got tired of messing around and took it to bluecat tune he worked on it for about 9 hours and now it screams

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:23 pm 

I got a couple packages from Alpha yesterday, they were the replacement gaskets
I hope this is a good sign for everybody

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:02 pm 

Where is Bluecat and how do I get in contact? I am having similar problems as yall!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:12 pm 

Blacklionmac99 wrote:
Where is Bluecat and how do I get in contact? I am having similar problems as yall!

What problems are you having?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:34 pm 

stevie wrote:
Blacklionmac99 wrote:

What problems are you having?

To leave names out of this thread for the sake of continuing my personal process, I had a harness made for my application...lucky me, I got into this conversion with a little knowledge of the inner details and have progressed forward only to find out that I have a unique set up. Its a 2007 2.2 motor with a DBW and a 58 reluctor wheel setup. Sent my harness to AFI and they said the harness "was pinned incorrectly" by the original guy...I have money tied up in that harness and they still possess it. They said they have another harness in shop that will work on my application. That was a month ago and I haven't heard back from them, numerous calls and voice messages and emails, even through facebook. I like their products that I have received in the past, but something is not going well in their customer support area. Id love to resolve this and move forward, and I love their work...its just slow with them right now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:49 pm 

Wow
I would say call Steve EFI Harness (909) 910-3867, he helped me a bunch when I couldn't get a response from Alpha
BUT if Alpha has your harness, you are kinda at their mercy
That's why when they asked me to send mine in to check it I politely refused

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:10 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

What happened to this ?Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business and taking those qualities I led my Army team with and applying that to my business. LDRSHIP

Loyalty
Duty
Respect
Selfless Service
Honor
Integrity
Personal Sacrifice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:05 pm 

I'm a vet too and I'm always gonna give another vet the first shot at my business
In the end I'm happy with my purchase and Shaun took care of the issues I had
Car is running great

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:16 pm 

I am glad he took care of you Stevie. I am still yet to get a call or message let alone what I was promised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:16 pm 

Sorry to hear that bro. I hope he takes care of you
I just left random messages on their facebook page and one day the stuff showed up out of the blue

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:31 pm 

Update...

Well I received my promised refund via PayPal today from AFI. To be honest I had kind of lost hope of ever seeing it so I would like to thank Shawn for getting around to doing what he agreed on 6 months ago. I just wish he would have communicated a little better. I am an easy going guy most of the time and wish this whole mess could have been completely avoided. Hopefully things are learned from this and service to my fellow riders will be improved in the future. Bottom line, just be straight forward with us... If you tell me that "it's in the mail" and when you go to send it you realize you can't... Call and give an update of the situation because most of us (I know I would have been) will be understanding to hard times and be fine with waiting a little while... But that understanding goes out the window when I am the one that has to call and find out after the fact about the "hard time" details after I patiently waited 30 plus days for the promised refund and never received it. I never once got an update from you without me inquiring first. We are in January now and well past the July and August times... a simple monthly update would have sufficed and held off my suspicions.

I understand that AFI is a newer company and I applaud their entrepreneurship. There will be bugs and hiccups along the way of a new startup. They have a nice product and I truly hope they are making the needed changes to stand behind and support that product.

I hope to hear some success stories in the future of dealings with AFI. Hell, maybe Shawn can give us an update of new policies and procedures and reassure everyone that the bugs are worked out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:56 pm 

Glad you got it man!
Did it just show up out of the blue like my gaskets?
Anyway it's good to see they just don't completely forget about you and blow you off

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk