It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:24 am

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:05 am 

"THOUGHT"...that I had repaired the electrical grimlins from the wet weather at DTOR....so me and a bud loaded both the Chaindrives and headed for PumpJack Sunday. I have had the buggy out a few times close to home last week with absolutely no issues.

Well let's just say I'm into another $100 day, (2 weeks in a roll), pretty much just wasting fuel traveling 180mi round trip, donating entry to the park, and still having electrical ignition issues that put me back on the trailer with the tow strap! We would have stayed but I wasn't gonna leave my better half sitting in the hot sun by herself.

As soon as we got home and unloaded I took all that, several year old, MSD 6AL and the Boost Timing Master stuff off and replaced it with a new MSD 6BTM, which is the same stuff but in one package. (I stole it from a 4x4 project I've been working on for someone else, hopefully he won't notice). It started first time, idled better than ever, seems like a fresh tune up.

Maybe now I might be able to stay a whole day!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:22 am 
WB Contributor

The money I have spent on buggies is realisticly $200k or over. I should have took up golf. And what do I have today. A yard full of broke buggies. This past week end , a caliper broke off the Orange a/c and nearly got the wife hurt. Baby chain buggy had a gummed up carb from sitting all winter, so the wife drove it home in 1st gear and therefore it over heated and blew all antifreeze out. The Passat cold cocked a rock and now I have a busted strut. The power steering sector is busted on the 4x4 Dodge. And this has been going on since the early 80's. We are almost through replacing Austin's bus trans that had a bearing come apart a few weeks ago. Have kids with this money and win back the Whitehouse.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:53 pm 

I certainly know the expense of anything with a motor. I have 2 finished street rods and I would rather be in the woods broke down than sittin in chair at a boring ass rod run or car show!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:55 pm 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:24 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Wow... Those are nice ChainDrives... :)

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:41 pm 
WB Contributor

yeah! nice rides!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:44 pm 
WB Contributor

I want the purple one. It is a 1 man 4 woman vehicle. Kinda like my 1 man 7 woman hot tub. And my 1 man 50 woman life raft I bought on ebay from the Titanic. lol

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk