It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:25 pm

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My stolen rail
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:42 am 

Anyone that remembers me & my messy divorce 5 years ago will remember that in the midst of that crap 2 of my rails were stolen with the help of my exes BF at the time. Family members have kept the location from me because they know what I'd do to the POS that has it along with his father & brother & nobody wants to see me spend the rest of my life in prison.

That said, if anyone happens to see the thief at a ride spot with it please inform him that the actual owner of it hasn't forgotten about him. You can't miss my ride. The 78" wheelbase & front windshield braces are a dead giveaway & from what I hear all the prick did was paint it gray. It's got my Stones on the rear & steel spindle mounts on a very bent aluminum beam up front. The purple lap belts are still in it & the passenger side shoulder bars are still bent from my wreck.

The kids name is Elliot & that's about all anyone will say to me about it. This is a pic from the dunes so you know what to look for if it turns up. My phone number is still 330-307-6368 & my name's Keith.

Post subject: Re: My stolen rail
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:02 pm 

I dont know you personally but point me to the spot they ride and ill go take it back. I despise a thief.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:43 pm 

I think I saw some post pics of one like that on here a while back maybe a month or so ago

Just that guy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:09 pm 

I've seen it on Facebook pretty sure

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:42 pm 

It's still in Ohio & the kid lives in the Warren area I think. I can't get an exact location since I threatened to shoot his dad & nobody will tell me. He was in the military & it was hidden in a barn for a couple years out of sight. The only place he could possibly take it is Wellsville if it ever sees the light of day. I waited a long time to attempt to recover it because for the first 3 years I planned to empty my .38 into the prick & I've calmed down some now. I figure if he turns up for a ride or two then I'll make it my business to show up & see what happens when he can't hide from me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:10 pm 

I could be wrong but I saw a rail like this for sale on craigslist a while back for sale. Can't imagine there are too many out there with windshield to beam bracing like that... Hopefully that wasn't it and good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:06 am 

dunebuggynut wrote:
Anyone that remembers me & my messy divorce 5 years ago will remember that in the midst of that crap 2 of my rails were stolen with the help of my exes BF at the time. Family members have kept the location from me because they know what I'd do to the POS that has it along with his father & brother & nobody wants to see me spend the rest of my life in prison.

That said, if anyone happens to see the thief at a ride spot with it please inform him that the actual owner of it hasn't forgotten about him. You can't miss my ride. The 78" wheelbase & front windshield braces are a dead giveaway & from what I hear all the prick did was paint it gray. It's got my Stones on the rear & steel spindle mounts on a very bent aluminum beam up front. The purple lap belts are still in it & the passenger side shoulder bars are still bent from my wreck.

The kids name is Elliot & that's about all anyone will say to me about it. This is a pic from the dunes so you know what to look for if it turns up. My phone number is still 330-307-6368 & my name's Keith.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3235915/1 ... en-beetle/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:09 pm 

That's my old Car Domain pages. It used to be a great site until they loaded it up with spam & adware. I forgot I even put the buggies on there.

As for craigslist, I've tried to keep an eye out for mine but no luck. I rebuilt my buddies rail years ago & put those front braces on his too. His was red so maybe it was that one. I added those to get tree branches up & over the roof after getting one too many that nearly staked me like a vampire. It also reinforced the front because when I jumped my yellow rail about 12 feet in the air & landed nose down I tweaked the frame a tad.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:51 pm 

Go Big Or Go Home wrote:
I could be wrong but I saw a rail like this for sale on craigslist a while back for sale. Can't imagine there are too many out there with windshield to beam bracing like that... Hopefully that wasn't it and good luck.

I could have swore I had as well in the chillicothe & surrounding, was black/dark color and had nerf pads (pretty sure red) on the bar by the seat and the upper side bar. I actually spent a good part of sunday scrolling back looking for it to no avail.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:59 pm 

I managed to get an address for this sucker. I already put a call in to local PD to get the ball rolling after 4 years. I'm going to get my pics & a description together that's so complete there is no doubt left in anyone's mind that it belongs to me.

Now, the fun begins!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:13 pm 

I spent some time with the po-po & showed them my police report, the judges order for return of my property, 2 dozen pics of my rails & a massive description of the details right down to the bend in the front beam from a tree stump. This is actually looking quite promising.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:03 pm 

Hope it works out for ya

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:08 am 
WB Contributor

Arm your driveway next time. Take some steel plate and weld barbed posts and it will catch a car tire and that car will be there when you get home.(With a steel plate all up in the wheel well). Dave out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:40 am 

2800passat wrote:
Arm your driveway next time. Take some steel plate and weld barbed posts and it will catch a car tire and that car will be there when you get home.(With a steel plate all up in the wheel well). Dave out.

It happened in the middle of my divorce about 5 years ago. They were in my yard at the house my ex was living in & her POS boyfriend at the time decided he wanted a buggy so he took it & my Chenowth frame & hid them about 15 miles away. It took me until last week to get the location but supposedly they are still there & the police think they should be able to get my property back.

I mainly want my parts. That short frame was built from junk & will get scrapped but my 1915, 3-rib, 3x3's, 930 joints, Firestone 23's & other parts will find their way on my next build. The Chenowth chassis may end up being my sons 1st rail.

Provided, I get them back that is.....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:16 pm 

Sorry to hear about that crap. I know how you can get attached to a buggy. I chose mine over my X. Did you get yours back yet?

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:10 pm 
Master fabricator

That's why I won't call the cops. Your much better off calling in an airstrike on your own position than to call the 5-0. Unless your dead or dying, my phone don't dial 911.
We had a local here had his quad stolen, found out who had it, we rolled in there with 6 or 8 of us. Lets just say the kid got his quad back and the asshole who stole it is still eating out of a straw.

G
A

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:15 pm 
WB Contributor

I bopped a guy and at this point I have spent $13k in court and the civil suit starts in a few weeks. If we could police ourselves, the judges, police and prosecutors could throw paper airplanes at each other in the afternoon. I actually feel robbed of my state patriotism.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:49 am 

2800passat wrote:
I bopped a guy and at this point I have spent $13k in court and the civil suit starts in a few weeks. If we could police ourselves, the judges, police and prosecutors could throw paper airplanes at each other in the afternoon. I actually feel robbed of my state patriotism.

At this point it looks like I'm just screwed! The system is a joke. Somehow because I pointed out that people are buying stolen parts I'm the bad guy & a jerk in their world. I killed myself working overtime to scrape about 7 grand together years ago to build my 1915, get 3x3's & 930 joints & new Stones on wheels & since that stuff was stolen I haven't been in the woods. It's over 6 years & I've rounded up some pieces but just don't have the cash to get back to where I was.

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk