It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:52 pm

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ecotec Questions
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:08 am 

I just ordered my 2.4L LE5 ecotec from Alfafab today. They told me to set the fuel pressure at 58 PSI. Any of you ecotec guys recommend a fuel pump? Also what exhaust did you guys go with? Im very excited. Cant wait to get it in and running. :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Ecotec Questions
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:27 am 

We have a four ecotecs in our group, and we all run the carter p5000 fuel pump. It has proven to be very a dependable pump. On the LE5 engine we set the fuel pressure to 58 psi per the factory spec.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:02 am 

I used the e2000 I think its from the late 80's ford trucks. The one thing I found was I was told that these are returnless fuel systems, this may be true when using the ecotec fuel system, I discovered that anything with a higher psi will require a return regulator, I bought the cheapest from JEGS. I set mine at the above mentioned psi but the pump would overheat until I put in a return with a T to the inlet. All was good after that.
As far as exhaust I used the stock exhaust manifold, made a flange out of 1/4 steel and bought a couple 2" jbends from JEGS, I also added a small clamp in supertrapp that I welded in.

Enjoy. Lancaster is not to far from me, if you wanna take a trip to Pottstown your more than welcome. If I can do it, anybody can. I did have to call back Sean for an updated wire diagram, to which he got it to me promptly.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:35 pm 

Thank you all for the feed back. Baja I have never done a fuel system install. I got a regulator and pump but not sure how to hook everything up. Does the regulator go after the pump but before the fuel rail? The regulator I got has 3 ports but the small one is for a vacuum hook up which I don't need. Could you send a pic of a diagram for how your system is hooked up? I can give you my number so you can text it. How was the wiring to hook up for the engine? They made it sound very easy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:39 pm 

Baja. As far as coming to Pottstown I would love to check out your set up in person and shoot the sh*t about the install. If your going to be around at all this weekend I can stop up. Shoot me a text. 7174195592. Thanks

Post subject: Ecotec Questions
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:59 pm 

Image I set and tuned mine at 58 psi if you have any questions shoot me a text my motor is a alpha fab .. Good luck with the install

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:04 pm 

Image 513-833-3277 Darrell my cell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:45 am 

Thanks for the pics Darrell. Can you post up a couple more of the engine? I would like to see where the other radiator hose comes out. I bought the same one you have. Also bought the same fans. Do you have any cooling problems? If you don't want to post the pics you can text them to me. Number is 7174195592. Thanks all the info is very helpful :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jason

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk