It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:39 am

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:53 pm 

Hey guys im going to build a buggy very soon, ive been looking at videos of technical riding, didnt see a lot of woodsbuggy but sure did see RZR,

They seem to pass about everywhere in the videos. Would a buggy be able to follow them? I know the RZR are 50" width and buggies 70" around.

I am asking this question because since very few people have buggies here, i will be riding with RZR and quads and my buddies who have dirtbikes. I also love technical woods riding, i would just hate not being able to go to places because im too wide!

Also to have the right to go in ATV trails i need to be 60" wide max. But i also want the highest ground clearance!

Thanks guys, lets hear what yall have to say!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:16 am 

Most of your woods buggys are 80 +++ I got both and love them both but i feel if the buggy has the room it would go where the rzr won't go ..They both got there place in the woods that's for sure .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:30 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Both SxS and Buggies are a lot of fun. However, they are very different. In my opinion, the largest difference is that the SxS has 4 wheel drive.

Since the SxS buggies are smaller, they are going to be able to get through tight trails faster than a buggy.

On the other hand, buggies have larger tires, longer wheelbase and more power, so bumps and steep hills will be easier in a buggy.

If the places you want to ride has a width limitation, you CAN NOT build a buggy with a 50 or 60 inch Width.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:35 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Sounds like for all the things you wanna do you need a rzr not. A buggy get a rzr put a aftermarket cage and seat belts and enjoy

I DO NOT FREE BASE COCAINE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:49 am 

MickeyMouse wrote:
Both SxS and Buggies are a lot of fun. However, they are very different. In my opinion, the largest difference is that the SxS has 4 wheel drive.

Since the SxS buggies are smaller, they are going to be able to get through tight trails faster than a buggy.

On the other hand, buggies have larger tires, longer wheelbase and more power, so bumps and steep hills will be easier in a buggy.

If the places you want to ride has a width limitation, you CAN NOT build a buggy with a 50 or 60 inch Width.

Alright thanks, makes sense! for the width limitation that is not a big problem but its 60" max.

jesse wrote:
Sounds like for all the things you wanna do you need a rzr not. A buggy get a rzr put a aftermarket cage and seat belts and enjoy

yeah maby it would be better, but i really want to build one, and if anything il have to go to other trails than the one near my house, also can i drive this thing during winter? in the atv snow trails? or would it not go good. like traction issues because rwd.

thanks!

darrell wrote:
Most of your woods buggys are 80 +++ I got both and love them both but i feel if the buggy has the room it would go where the rzr won't go ..They both got there place in the woods that's for sure .

alright, yeah ive seen a lot of vids that the SXS roll over since they are very not wide and long. 80"inch is pretty wide the perfect width for me would be 68-70". Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:24 am 

if i want less width but more ground clearance, i go with stock rear arms with 930 axles? thats going to save 6inches from 3x3 arms?

thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:57 am 

We tend roll a buggy now and then as well just takes a little more effort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:17 pm 

RD-GLIDER wrote:
We tend roll a buggy now and then as well just takes a little more effort.

sorry i didnt quite understand that?
thanks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:36 pm 

I just meant you can turn a wide rail over even with +5 arms. Done it . There's lots of places my rail don't squeeze through.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:39 pm 

RD-GLIDER wrote:
I just meant you can turn a wide rail over even with +5 arms. Done it . There's lots of places my rail don't squeeze through.

Alright so maby i would be better off with stock width arms, and about ground height is therea big difference between stock and 3x3 or 0x3(if that exists)

Thankss!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:19 pm 

I think narrow limits height with cv axles.. They only have so much angle.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:41 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Stock is junk at least go 3x3 get a lot of your ground clearance from your arms

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:25 pm 

I go where i want in a buggy. If your trailriding,thereis always a way around an obstacle,plus what fun would it be just riding a wide open trail. Build a buggy and drive it like you stole it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:31 pm 

Buckmaster wrote:
I go where i want in a buggy. If your trailriding,thereis always a way around an obstacle,plus what fun would it be just riding a wide open trail. Build a buggy and drive it like you stole it.

Yeah, the only reason i was debating wether or not to build one is because i have a dirtbike already and that the rail would be pretty wide, i made my mind and im going to build it. Im going to buy a rig with all the parts i want and just put it on my single seater frame.

- the only problem i see is that the tranny is nose shift and i would need a side shift, il have to make that work!

thanks guys

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:02 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Why do you need a side shift most people run nose shift

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:15 am 

jesse wrote:
Why do you need a side shift most people run nose shift

Because my frame is a single seater, i may be wrong but this is what i have read, if i can use a nose shift im going to be happy.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:53 am 

You can use nose shift. You will be happier with a rzr. If that's what your friends have. You will not have to work on it as much. But good luck , like I have said before.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:02 pm 

Pettigo wrote:
You can use nose shift. You will be happier with a rzr. If that's what your friends have. You will not have to work on it as much. But good luck , like I have said before.

Alright and no my friends have dirtbikes, but if it gets boring for them or me il find people with quads and rzr, im dead set i want a buggy! You have a single seater right pettigo?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:04 pm 

4 seater and yes I'm building a ss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:09 pm 

Pettigo wrote:
4 seater and yes I'm building a ss

Cool!, why do you insist that i buy a rzr instead? because it will be less maintenance? the only problem i see is the buggy being to wide, thats the only thing im scared of.

thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:21 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

You can use a nose shift in a single seater have one in mine and most people do you just have to build your shifting rod back to it right

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:23 pm 

jesse wrote:
You can use a nose shift in a single seater have one in mine and most people do you just have to build your shifting rod back to it right

Great! Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:24 pm 

I just don't want you to put a lot of money in it and quit. They are$$ to get a dependable buggy. You need to be mechanically inclined. You can learn a lot here on woodsbuggy. You would have been better off to buy one already going. That way you would know exactly in a seasons ride, what you wanted to change on your buggy. Imo your going in it blind , just hate to see people waste money and lots of time. You can do it and a buggy is lots of fun . Enjoy. I've been working on my one seater for 2 years and still not finished. It's the little stuff that adds up$$

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:34 pm 

Pettigo wrote:
I just don't want you to put a lot of money in it and quit. They are$$ to get a dependable buggy. You need to be mechanically inclined. You can learn a lot here on woodsbuggy. You would have been better off to buy one already going. That way you would know exactly in a seasons ride, what you wanted to change on your buggy. Imo your going in it blind , just hate to see people waste money and lots of time. You can do it and a buggy is lots of fun . Enjoy. I've been working on my one seater for 2 years and still not finished. It's the little stuff that adds up$$

Yeah i know thats why i was debating whether or not to buy/build one, my current intion was buying a already running 2 seater with all the good stuff (5rib,1915,3x3 arms, link pin with 4x1 arms, fox shocks all around, 930cvs.. Ect ect for 5k)

Right now i got time on my hands to build it, to be honest i wasnt sure if wanted one or not for a long time, but there are trails here which are perfect for my dirbike and then big open atv trails which i would be able to go with a buggy, another good reason is because i love building and modding, adding stuff, electronics ect. Also here we have winters with lots of snow, so we i would ride with it during the winter. But yes its going to be expensive but hey whats cheap these days!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:38 pm 

Good luck

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk