It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:33 am

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:43 pm 

Cpt.Matt wrote:
Drill small hole on bottom lean it up where water run tords the holes u drilled . Hit it with some heat . Not to much or ull compromise tubing . Then turn it over add little oil in holes then weld them shut

"Just pin it ! she'll go!"

What is this black paste? A bunch of black water flew every where when i drilled a hole! Then thick paste came out smells almost nothing maby tiny bit of oil

Do i have to drill a hole in EVERY tube now? I found 22 spots with holes at welds come small some big and 3 of those were big cracks :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:17 pm 

You guys think this paste is suppose to be there for anti corision? It doesnt rub off like water and theres a bunch in there it flies everywhere..!!!

Finally got it all out what a mess!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:28 pm 

I really hope was supposed to be in there!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:26 pm 

Hard and soft feels like thick wet sand.

This is inside frame where brace connects

ImageImage

This inside the removable brace in the back

Thats inside the top tube

I took the guck out. Looks like the same type that come out of the front tube but whithout water. Dont know what to do.
Is this bad normal fixable?

Thanks guys :) :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:49 pm 

Thats crazy looks like those bars were used for sanitation.. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:42 pm 

Rick wrote:
Thats crazy looks like those bars were used for sanitation.. :shock:

What does that mean?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:53 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Wow. I am not sure what that is but I do know that is not normal. Hopefully, it is some type of anti corrosion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:59 pm 

MickeyMouse wrote:
Wow. I am not sure what that is but I do know that is not normal. Hopefully, it is some type of anti corrosion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea i spoke with someone and hopefully it is! I will get all the little holes and cracks get welded! I will also maby/probably buy a already built buggy like this
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=8 ... 0373597767

and put the parts on my frame! It got all i want except a 1915 instead of a eco tec.

Thanks guys!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:00 am 
BOTM Winner

looks like a bunch of water and dirt sat in there for years. I doubt it was there for anti-corrosion.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:11 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Not to rain on your parade but I think the frame you have may be wasted. I would be highly concerned with all of the rust. It would suck to build an entire buggy and have the frame break because of rust fatigue.

The other buggy looks really nice. If you get the other buggy.. JUST DRIVE IT.. No need to tear apart a perfectly good buggy. You will absolutely love the 1915. It will be faster than anything else you have ever driven. The AC engines are much lighter and get through the woods easier.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:21 am 

MickeyMouse wrote:
Not to rain on your parade but I think the frame you have may be wasted. I would be highly concerned with all of the rust. It would suck to build an entire buggy and have the frame break because of rust fatigue.

The other buggy looks really nice. If you get the other buggy.. JUST DRIVE IT.. No need to tear apart a perfectly good buggy. You will absolutely love the 1915. It will be faster than anything else you have ever driven. The AC engines are much lighter and get through the woods easier.

Crap this really sucks! When i scraped the rust off though it was just 1mm of rust.

And yea that buggy is awsone i was just very looking forward for a oneseater and to build it my self.

Thanks
RaceBugg1098 wrote:
looks like a bunch of water and dirt sat in there for years. I doubt it was there for anti-corrosion.

Yea, i think its a mix of rust and water? But its black.

Is There ANY way of knowing is the frame is still good? Its obviously rusted inside but out looks perfect!

Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:33 am 

Junk. Throw it out before u hurt yourself or somebody else. And waste your time and money on that frame

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:16 pm 
Master fabricator

That;s why you don't drill into the tubing for pop rivets or tech screws. I'm going to agree on the not using that frame and I would cut it up so no one else can make the same mistake.
Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you.

G
A

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:23 pm 

MadMike wrote:
That;s why you don't drill into the tubing for pop rivets or tech screws. I'm going to agree on the not using that frame and I would cut it up so no one else can make the same mistake.

I cleaned it,put CLR in the he tube that goes from the back to the front. Alot of guck is coming out maby it will be still good i dont know il send pictures after im done!

And nice funco mike! I saw your build its pretty sweet!

Thanks guys

NRIbuggys wrote:
Junk. Throw it out before u hurt yourself or somebody else. And waste your time and money on that frame

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:53 pm 

I filtered the CLR and what come out was bunch of dead bugs and a bit of that black stuff again

Looks less bad in person

I went hitting on every bar with a hammer real hard nothing seems to move/break.

What you guys think? Still a no go?

These are pictures of the 4 cracks and pictueres of holes(21 total holes) only took 2 pics of the holes

ImageImageImageImage

These the holes, some let in water and some dont (hopefully)

ImageImage

Last edited by TheOriginalOne on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:16 pm 
Master fabricator

TheOriginalOne wrote:
MadMike wrote:

I cleaned it,put CLR in the he tube that goes from the back to the front. Alot of guck is coming out maby it will be still good i dont know il send pictures after im done!

Thanks guys

NRIbuggys wrote:

Thank you, perhaps one day you can have something like it.
So now your going to pour acid into that chassis, insult to injury. Once you get the rust out the only way to dilute the acid is to pour water in, again. Once acid goes to work it wont stop until it's diluted.

G
A

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:22 pm 

MadMike wrote:
TheOriginalOne wrote:
MadMike wrote:

Thanks guys

NRIbuggys wrote:

Thank you, perhaps one day you can have something like it.
So now your going to pour acid into that chassis, insult to injury. Once you get the rust out the only way to dilute the acid is to pour water in, again. Once acid goes to work it wont stop until it's diluted.

Alright dont know if you saw them but i posted pictures. Tell me if you understand; theres the middle tube that goes from the back to the front in one piece, on each side that on i can clean no problem, but what about all the x bracing tubes? And acid yea that will work but dangerous as hell. If thats my only option i dont see why not i love this frame!

Thanks madmike!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:53 pm 
BOTM Winner

those "cracks" in the frame are from it being full of water and freezing. maybe the rest of the frame is ok, just not those tubes? I sure as hell wouldn't chance it. I might go knock on the door of the fella that sold it to you... but that's just me :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:06 pm 

RaceBugg1098 wrote:
those "cracks" in the frame are from it being full of water and freezing. maybe the rest of the frame is ok, just not those tubes? I sure as hell wouldn't chance it. I might go knock on the door of the fella that sold it to you... but that's just me :twisted:

Yea, hes 2:30 hrs away though! Il give him a call i payed the frame 420$ from him do you think asking 100$ back for repaires is fair?

I just dont know how all these holes got made? Poor welds/welder and how did the water get in if I see no holes other than a crack! :shock:

Thanks

EDIT: read that vinegar does wonders, il fill both tubes with vinegar and leave in in there for 2 days see what happens!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:07 pm 
WB Contributor

there is no way id ride in that thing, much less drive it or build on it...like building a house on a quicksand lot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:00 pm 

Scrap that thing!!!! Go buy the other one and if you like to ride and play I guarantee you will get plenty of experience repairing,rebuilding,and changing things to your taste. It will save you alot of money snd headache snd il bet you will have twice the buggy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:23 pm 

vinegar is acidic.. you leave it in there long enough it will eat the metal . Like every one else is saying . To repair the frame would cost more time and money than it is worth.
Go buy a running buggy and call it a day !

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:44 pm 

Cpt.Matt wrote:
vinegar is acidic.. you leave it in there long enough it will eat the metal . Like every one else is saying . To repair the frame would cost more time and money than it is worth.
Go buy a running buggy and call it a day !

Crap i dont want to junk this frame :(

Found spot i made it by hitting on it.

This really sucks big time.

Called the guy and told me sold as is..

Dont know what to do now. Pretty pist off. Was looking forward to build this frame

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:57 pm 

I think I said before. Buy a sxs and ride. It takes knowledge and skill to have a dune buggy. No offense bud. Good luck , you've been burnt and it's going to burn again.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:59 pm 

Welcome to the school of hard knocks, and the world of the dune buggy . Everyone who has owned/worked on a buggy has had to learn something the hard way. But that is how you become smarter

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk