It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:05 pm

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:55 pm 

Rode at Windrock park this weekend with a few friends got treated like a peace of garbage by rent a cops.If you like to drink a few beers don't go there DUI check points everywhere trail cop in a rzr giving giving breatheralyzer test you can't even have it in your cooler for the wife :roll: only place you can drink is in camp .We went threw the check point thank god we wasn't drinking yet told us to take our beer back to camp OK no big deal took it back ...Now we start back to the trails get to the same ass hole cop once more and this time says he smells alcohol on my buddy and needs to search his cooler which was bull shit ...If you just came threw a dui check point would you down a bunch of beer then go back threw ...So he shows him that they where no beer in the cooler then he says he wants him to do a breathalyzer and needs to take a pic of his drivers license which was all illegal ...So anyone planning on ridding Windrock drink at camp or stay home.. by the way i did get my beer threw there bull shit check point a whole 2 cases ...you fucking rent-a-pig

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:02 pm 

I will not go there. I hate assholes like that . They give sober people hell also.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:03 am 

We didn't have any probs. We had a good time last November

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:56 am 

That happened to me at Harlen a few yrs ago,so i poured my beer in a cup and rode on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:18 pm 

WOW how dare they not want people drinking and driving on the trail. Why is it everyone thinks that it is OK to drink on the trails? A person that would not drink and drive on the road thinks that it is perfectly fine to do it on the trail. The dangers of drinking and driving are just as bad to hurt others and even more to hurt your self or your ride. Not to mention the kids that are riding around on dirt bikes or 4-wheelers that could easily be ran over. When you stop at places where everyone climbs what type of cans do you see the most? Beer. I know not all of them are but the majority of them are. I asked a guy one time why he was throwing the out. His response was that it would not get an open container charge. This is a big reason people do not want us riding on there property and our riding places are being closed down. Also stuff they would would not think about climbing sober is a great idea after a few is the best idea ever. I am not going to say that I don't ever drink I do but it is at the campsite after the riding is done. I wish more parks would do the same.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:59 pm 
Master fabricator

Sure hope you don't need anything from this crowd like advise or help or anything because I think you just screwed yourself. Being right or wrong makes no difference here, sometimes your better off keeping thoughts like this to yourself.

G
A

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:04 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

So he won't get help cause he's not a drunk who throws his beer cans all over the woods :shock: I don't see a problem with drinking on the trail but you have some who go to far act a fool and throw their shit all over the woods they should be shot in the face lol

I DO NOT FREE BASE COCAINE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:56 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

:mrgreen: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 11.33 KiB | Viewed 10727 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:58 am 

The saying about drinking on the trails I didn't have a problem with that it's about a disrespectful cop like 80 of them are there is only a few that is not . They let their badge and gun to the head and I'm 50 years old and if I decide to drink a beer out on the trail I know how to put it in a damn garbage bag everybody I ride with if they drink throws their garbage in a bag . Most of the people that ride buggies drink a few beers but they are respectful . I doubt Mr glow even has a buggy . And if he does I very seriously doubt if he will be riding with any of this group

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:47 am 

No drinking when riding your buggy ? That's just crazy talk !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:47 pm 
WB Contributor

i havent drank since 97, which ussually makes me the most sober one in the group i ride with...like darrell said we all ride with a garbage bag tied on side of buggy or keep them in buggy til we get back to camp...that being said ive never seen anyone put anyone in harms way except themselves...i have no problem with drinkin on the trails , most of the drinkers arent buzzed til nightride and dont see as many other non drinkin tree huggers out at that time, and defenetly no kids....grab a beer and lets ride...puff puff cough

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:50 pm 
WB Contributor

I have ridden with Diamond Dave and Darrell at Windrock a couple of years ago. They both had a few beers on the trail but no one was drunk, buzzed or endangering anyone. My limousine buggy on the other hand was very interesting going around some sharp corners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:59 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I won't line up a hill until i've had at least 3.... knocks the edge off

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:02 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Hey Glow... Feel free to speak your mind. I was thinking the same thing.

For the most part, people have a few beers and enjoy the trails but there is always "that one guy" who drinks too much and gets stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:19 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Location: rittman,ohio ----------- wellsville, water cooled chapter
:roll: and I have been guilty of that once or twice ....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:39 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I hardly ever drink anything unless I'm riding. I enjoy having a few beers and bullshitting with everybody out on the trails. I know that when anybody in our group gets to acting like they can't handle themselves we have no problem helping them get out of the woods safely. It does happen from time to time but never have had any problems with anybody becoming a total drunk on the trails. We are out to enjoy ourselves not to get wasted and hurt anybody. Now I will say at 2 and 3 am not much traffic on the trails but us that are drinking. And there is always a buggy that's got a place for the trash. Now as for the passengers they have a whole other agenda at times,lol. Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:08 pm 
WB Contributor

I think security and cops should let their authority go to their head. They keep the riff raff out of the woods while I come in the back way! 8) chipop, gulp gulp.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:28 pm 

There are some people that can have a couple and be ok. But there are the others the that ruin it for the ones that can handle it. My thumb on my right hand I'd messed up for life because of one of the ones that can't handle it. I was setting stopped on a 4-wheeler and heard a buggy pegged out behind me. I looked back at about the time he sslammed in to me. I still had my right hand on the handle bar and ended up about 20 feet in front of where I was stopped and closed to bring pinned between the Jeep that was in front of me. Also I have personally seen 3 people die in off-roading accidents. All 3 times alcohol was involved. Can I say the alcohol caused the wrecks no. But I am sure it played a role in it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:22 pm 
WB Contributor

Wow! That is terrible. I just want to say this for everyone's safety. We need to understand that drunks and crack heads will always be out there and everywhere running rampid. I am always standing next to or between vehicles. I piss behind solid trees. I wear lite colored shirts and drink silver can beers. Park your vehicles in a circle or wall at beer stops or break downs. When you are standing at a camp fire, distant people can see you but you can't see them. If you are the lead buggy on a long road, hold up your fingers to the on comers how many more are behind you. Turn your head lights on in the day time, especially the lead buggy. If you look thru a camera lens at a vehicle. It is a lot closer than you think. And if I owe you any money, don't ask me when I am going to pay you back.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:41 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

WOW is right.I started riding/climbing hills in 1985.Next year it will be 30 years.We cut the trails ,climbed the hills,and paved the way for a lot of this.Most with a beer in hand.It was not this tree huggin family friendly come to the woods and let the big dogs entertain them then bitch about something some one did.We were here before the woods were full of 4 wheelers,side x sides and site seers.I am with Mike some times it's better to keep Stupid ass comments to your self.And I am a non drinker but TO EACH HIS OWN BY GOD this is AMERICA.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:04 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

It is easy to say .... Do what you want to do.. or It is our right to dink in the woods.. or we always drink a few in the trails?

That is all great but do not complain when all of the trail riding is closed down. So long as people are getting drunk, leaving trash and getting killed, parks and places to ride will continue to be shut down.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:51 am 

AMEN

fat bottom buggy boyz,and remember,bring your own buggy!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:09 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Well I guess I should rephrase.When we went to the the woods we went in something we built! Not something we bought or bolted together. so we knew the limitations of our equipment.We mapped the trails in Blairsville Ga.Then all the rich rubbys came from Atlanta stopped by Jasper Jeep grabbed them a jeep that would not get out of its own way came to Blairsville formed a jeep club closed most of the trails (only the ones they could not make it up)And to my knowledge the only one ever hurt are the 4 wheelers riders.we have been in the woods with 20,000 people and no problems.Then you see some woman with no life 2 kids and wanting to run the show.can't even drive to the store and now wants to be the TRAIL BOSS .Well they can have the woods they have changed it soooo much for the good so far.Ask Darrell what shut down D&K .It was the dumbasses on 4 wheelers not the buggy riders.They still have buggy rides just not for the public.So yea places like windrock that are for trail riding is where all thease folks need to go.We used to have to sneek in a riding place to ride or everyone there would be following us around and we could not get any riding done.Then the same folks get back to camp and bitch about the traffic on the trail

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:16 am 
WB Contributor

I do just as much dumb shit now that im a non drinker then I did when I was drinking!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:48 am 

http://youtu.be/u8UT1dRnQaM

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk