It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:32 am

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Clutch auto stick
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:41 pm 

While at Rush i was talking to one of the bouncer drivers he said he got started in a rail and that he used a auto stick tranny that he cut the bell housing off a four 4spd and cut the one off the auto stick and then welded the 4spd to the auto eliminating the converter has anyone ever done this and how strong are they

Post subject: Re: Clutch auto stick
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:20 pm 

It will never work!!:-o

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:20 am 

I have a set up like you are talking about I have a adapter on my to put it on a bus trans you still have a clutch and converter it works great in the wood for trail riding but the converter takes some of your hole shot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:13 am 
WB Contributor

Alot of guys in east tn run a bus trans with auto stick converter . It allows you to sit still while in gear with out using the clutch . I never owened one but seems it would be great for crawling around .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:33 am 

I had mine with a 2275 with buck shot Q's and a 5 rib worked great till I built a new buggy then took it out the adapters are around 500 last time i checked

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:06 pm 

I could of swore the guy said they did away with the converter Kinda like the old clutch hydro the poor mans lenco still turning the pump but using the clutch to launch then wide open shifts after

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:37 pm 

Don't see how

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:54 pm 

You have to do some machining to the in put shift and have a heavy duty pressure plate and clutch too

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:31 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Works great from what I've heard. This set up is in J2Cool's buggy. Worked great for him. "The Speed Shop" in Harriman,TN can build one them . Owners name is Larry. (865) 882 0093.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:55 pm 

My wife has one and when we rode all the time she regularly smoked the out of town folks at D&K. One event a guy had a set of brass balls on the back of his buggy. And he could not get up the main trail (for us) at D&K he moved over and she just sputtered right up it. He tried it about 8 or 9 times and then gave up. And 3 more ith him did also. Later that night he came up to the shed and offered her his brass balls. She told him she did not need them since that was a main trail to us. He then walked over to the dumpster with his head hung low and tossed them in. I will not say his name but he does post on here. They work great for trail ridding. And small hill climbing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:50 pm 

I got mine from Larry at speed shop I while back it has the heavy duty pressure plate and all I'm willing to sell if anyone want one 650 that's what I gave for it 865-258-1187 Knox tenn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:42 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Bruce1 wrote:
My wife has one and when we rode all the time she regularly smoked the out of town folks at D&K. One event a guy had a set of brass balls on the back of his buggy. And he could not get up the main trail (for us) at D&K he moved over and she just sputtered right up it. He tried it about 8 or 9 times and then gave up. And 3 more ith him did also. Later that night he came up to the shed and offered her his brass balls. She told him she did not need them since that was a main trail to us. He then walked over to the dumpster with his head hung low and tossed them in. I will not say his name but he does post on here. They work great for trail ridding. And small hill climbing.

She does drive the snot out of that buggy! Bet she could smack you around in it now! Since you are probably all RUSTY by now 8)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:28 pm 

So I recently purchased a trailer from a fellow buggy owner, when I got there we talked for a while he has a nice buggy it's on Craigslist for Cincinnati it's a black and yellow one that says groundhog on the back. Anyways he has a old beetle he is trying to make a Baja type deal out of. I asked what kind of trans it has he didn't know but it's a clutch less shift basically you drive build rpms then just bang second.. is this what you guys are talking about? If so I might be Interested in making one. Thanks.
Joe.

lord forgive me for I have sinned,
I hit a 3rd gear jump, 4th gear pinned!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:40 pm 

Back in the early days of drag racing before stall converters people would take and replace the converter with a clutch the guy i talked to said you could leave the line at 7000 if you want to then wide open shifts with out the clutch what i have red they say very hard shifts just thought the guy that i met at rush was talking about a tranny similar to this

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk