It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:07 am

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Crazy Subaru WoodsBuggy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:37 pm 

Check out this woods buggy. Wonder how well it works off-road; any opinions?http://lakecity.craigslist.org/sno/4267097445.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:25 am 

That thing looks awesome I think it would be good for trail riding or going to the river but I wouldn't climb anything in it

Posted using the WoodsBuggy Mobile App

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:46 am 

I agree Jeff, I would venture to say that it would be good for trail riding, and for utility functions. However I would doubt that the suspension would allow for much hardcore riding. I think it is neat though!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:02 am 

be real good for trail riding not so much for hill climbingsomebody had a lot of time on their hands almost question if more dollars than sense could have built a mean buggy for that kind of money although cool factor is way up there

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:16 am 

At first i thought it would be only front wheel drive then i relooked at the car and it is awd..looks pretty neat but, i don't see much functionality.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:21 pm 
BOTM Winner

Nice street toy and that's as far as I would take it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:30 pm 

Hey Tommil77, I see you're in Lithia. What group do you ride with?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:52 am 

Sorry Dave, I have not changed my location. I live in the Live Oak area of North Florida now. I still have friends and relatives that ride water cooled and VW based buggies in Lithia, Bloomingdale, and Lakeland areas; however I am on my own up here. I still travel down there quite frequently though, in fact my buggy is down there now awaiting some new tree bars and chassis bracing. Where do you guys ride?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:56 am 

I JUST MOVED FROM LITHIA SPRINGS RD BACK TO BHAM AL MYSELF NOT MUCH IN THE WAY RIDIN IN THAT AREA,HAPPY TO BE BACK IN HILL COUNTRY FOR SURE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:24 am 

Small world; I used to ride my bike down Lithia Springs Rd. as a kid. Great place to live back then, however all the yuppies, with their new subdivisions have taken over and ruined the paradise I once called home. There is much more riding available where I am living now, endless dirt roads and lots of forest land. Good luck to you in Alabama. :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:32 am 
WB Contributor

You guys should look up the Tampa bay buggy club on Facebook and sand rails of Florida. I use to live in Plant City Fl moved to Tennessee two years ago. Ridding up here in the mountains is great. Look up some of the guys down there. Randy Lawson, Robbie Johnson, and Rodey McAlister are some great folks.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:51 am 

Thanks Red Barron

Sent via TapaTalk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:45 am 

Thanks Red, Randy Lawson is actually a friend of mine. I have learned a great deal from him in the few years I have known him. Question for you; that green buggy that you have posted pics of, did you by chance sell that chassis to Wade Turner? When I seen pictures of that buggy of yours I thought to myself; that looks like Wade's buggy. I spent a day riding with him, including on some big jumps, and I must say it is an awesome buggy. Gotta love that v-tec.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:24 am 
WB Contributor

tommil77 wrote:
Thanks Red, Randy Lawson is actually a friend of mine. I have learned a great deal from him in the few years I have known him. Question for you; that green buggy that you have posted pics of, did you by chance sell that chassis to Wade Turner? When I seen pictures of that buggy of yours I thought to myself; that looks like Wade's buggy. I spent a day riding with him, including on some big jumps, and I must say it is an awesome buggy. Gotta love that v-tec.

Wade's Buggy was built by my Friend Darrell in Sefner, my green Car was built by a guy named Paul Rodgers in Plant City. I have been friends with Wade and Randy for 15 years. Randy builds some nice parts as well. Darrell and my buddy Rodey helped me build the Safari Wagon in the photo below. I use to love ridding in the Ocala Forest and did so for 30 years. I am planning a trip down around Memorial weekend with my buggy if I don't find a buyer for my Chassis. The plan is to build a new two seat car to climb the monster hills and mountain trails in Tennessee. If your ever in Tennessee look me up and we can take a trip to Windrock that's where the picture below was taken.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:34 am 

Thanks Red, I would love to come up there and ride some of them beautiful mountain roads. I am sure UncleJerm would join us. You guys will just have to take it easy on my little 1915 ;) Good luck on the new chassis.

Post subject: Crazy Subaru WoodsBuggy
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:08 pm 

<two thumbs up>
Red don't let Tom fool ya. I've I ridden with him. I think his passenger seat still has the crease down the middle I left ;)

Sent via TapaTalk

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk