It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:35 pm

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Forbidden Zone Ruling!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:51 pm 

I hate to be the baer of bad news & this is really gonna suck!

Just got done reading The Evening Review (which is one of the local newspapers of the area) & low & behold on the back page(page 8b to be exact) with headlines reading:
"Court Rules In Favor Of Saline Police". To make a long story short, The County courts said the owner of The Forbbiden Zone(Donnie Springer) doesn't have a case, in the case he filed to claim ownership of the road going into the Forbbiden Zone. "The court ruled that he had no pre-existing right to the road, & the cited statutes do not creat private rights when a private road is vacated."

So should we be alarmed? Yes we should. The reason being is that alot of government officials & residents alike are pushing for the liquid coal refinery to be built from the river up Yellow Creek to an undisclosed area
above our riding areas. Of course it would be great for the economy here
but we'll be losing a great resource for offroading asd we know it here in the tri-state area. Is this the begining of the end for Oaktree & Forbidden Zone? I sure the hell hope not.

Damn, Good News does follow bad news i guess.........
As i was typing this a great friend of mine that has had a camp at Forbidden Zone for many years & knows Donnie personally called me & said the he talked to Donnie Springer(the owner of the Forbidden Zone) just an hour ago & Donnie told him that his lawyer was very adimate that
he wont have to close, even with the ruling. Another court date has been set for the middle of December(for what i wasnt told) but I'm sure we'll find out sooner or later. He also said it will remain open to the campground & that he would have petitions for any & all who use the road, camping area & riding area. As far as the petitions go, I will get one to whom ever may want one to send around to our Woodsbuggy.com friends. Whether they'll hold any weight? I guess we shall see. My two cents & more, Jamie, aka BUGGYJUNKIE

P.S. I'll be down there Saturday riding thats for sure! & I'll hope to join all that will be there on the 20th also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:19 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Is donnie the long haired dude with the Pathfinder or whatever that little foriegn SUV is he drives? Thats the guy that tells us he owns it and collects cash from us atleast haha. He recentally told me about a month ago that he would like to purchase more land up there.

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk