It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:23 am

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Break down of classes
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:29 pm 

I have been asked about breaking the hill climb competitions down by class,I would like some feed back about this,but first I will say if classes are broke down by engine there will be a technical inspection after the competition,I believe thats the only way to be fair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:50 pm 

HOW WILL YOU BE ABLE TO TECH WITH OUT TOTALLY TERING DOWN THE VW MOTORS .WHAT WILL BE NEXT STOCK SUSPENSION V/S AFTERMARKET .WHAT ABOUT TIRE SIZE.OR MAYBE WEIGHT .THIS SOUNDS LIKE A BAD IDEA MAYBE BRUCY HADE THE RIGHT IDEA YOU NEED TO SUPPLY THESE CANDYASS PEOPLE SOME DIAPERS OR KOTEX A VW MOTOR WON AGINST THE BAD ASS 700 HP CHEVY MOTOR AND WHERE WAS THE 350 HP TURBO V6 IN THE RANKINGS ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:51 pm 
Global moderator

I have an idea :razz: Let all entrys hit a decent hill that will draw a lot of competitors. Then take the top half or top 10 or whatever and move over to the next hill or a different line on the same hill. This creates two classes for two competitions. 8) and maybe the hard hill will decide first and second and the other hill third and fourth. This will help eliminate sandbagging. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:05 pm 

Tech will be done by P&G to determine engine cc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:54 pm 
BOTM Winner

LET NOT FORGET POINTS FOR BEST SHOW :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:01 am 

How about cutting it the old fashion way, by hand! Keep the dozer off of it, find a good hill mother nature made, cut a switch back or two then let'em rip!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:01 pm 

I say we have a competition to see who puts on the best show, not for the fastest one to the top, then let the crowd decide who wins!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:06 pm 

Only if you let Darby drive your buggy,then maybe she can scare herself :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:21 pm 

she told me yesterday that she was going to build a buggy.... thats a little scary.... we might have to use your handcuffs to keep her from playing bumper buggies...

by the way - bamabugggies, did u get over your whiplash? sorry about that..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:31 pm 

yea i just aint got over you scratching my paint :lol: my neck was limber from the whiskey another reason to drink while you ride darby knows what i mean :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:17 pm 

Hey Brian tell Darby if she will call me I will give her the answers so she can study for her next sobriety test :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:27 am 

[quote='sharpshooter']Hey Brian tell Darby if she will call me I will give her the answers so she can study for her next sobriety test :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:46 pm 

how about a two seater class and a one seater/chaindrive class

Post subject: next hill climb
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:05 pm 
One seater and two seater, or 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder or 8 cylinder class. It would be hard other than one seater and two seater class. Because if you do it by motor size I only have a 1541cc. Also if you split it up there will be less money for me to bring back to Ga. so I say keep it the same. Make a few rules, no bolts, Mabey make the course with 2 or 3 more turns in it to give for more driver era, 1st of all make it safe for everyone, (that way more people will try to hit it.) Lots of people have stated on here make it a bad hill if you do that only 1 or 2 people will even try it. So then the show will not be anygood. If you are going to have more than one event make a rule if you placed in the money in one event you can not run in another, that way some people will enter other things. This is just some thoughts, I hope this will help some. Mabey lots of people from this site could give you some Ideas. It looked like to me it was fair to everyone, RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG AND HOPE YOU BRUNG ENOUGH!! No mater what rules you make up there will always be some people that do not like them or will not go by them. You can not please everyone all the time. I would put together a committee of 3 to 7 people to make up your rules, then state what the rules are, and if you do not like them then do not come. I think your event will get bigger and bigger each time I know for a fact more people are asking about single seaters now. One guy even told me he was going to build one just to come and enter the event next time. Looks like to me all the times were very close and anyone could have won. So good luck with the next one I hope to be at it along with 10 other friends. Even if I lose I will not whine one bit!! :!: :!:

Bruce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:22 pm 
BOTM Winner

ha! bruce add one more to that group tammy got a new 2 seater to day its a nice bug 2276,with a 6 rib we will see you the 28,29.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:50 pm 
good we will see yall there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:58 pm 

OK, first off you will have to bear with me on this because I have never been involved in a hill climb (florida) but I have been involved in alot of competetion events.

Maybe instead of having different classes for the buggies, you have 3 different skill level hill climbs. An easy hill that pretty much any buggy could climb that would attract alot of people to compete but not payout much compared to the entry fees colected.

Then a hill climb alot like the one you had last time that paid out maybe 3 to 4 times what the easy hill paid.

Then a real bastard of a hill with the majority of the entry fees collected going to the winner of that climb. Seems only fair since they are taking the greatest risk to themselves and their buggies.

People should be allowed to enter as many different climbs as they want but if they win a climb they can no longer compete for money on another hill. That should keep the real good guys from entering the real easy climb, giving the beginners a better chance, and making it more fun for them.

Maybe talk to some of the local buggy shops about pitching in on the prize money for advertisement on the flyers and at the event.

Oh and maybe one class that always seems to be real popular. The powderpuff (womens) class. Hmm, maybe an atv class too.

And (sorry for going on so long) I dont know if you have a way of charging people to watch, but maybe look into that. With the entry fee for the easy hill only being slightly more than the entry fee to watch. Hopefully that will get more people to compete.

Anyway, I just thought I would throw a couple of ideas at you. I know that it can seem like alot of hard work for something that can never please everyone but you deserve the thanks of all the offroad comunity. Hell grassroots is where SCORE got its start!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:21 am 
Also pay back more places mabey 5 or 6, but when you go past 3rd drop the ammount alot, with the last pay out of just a little over the entry fee. I think some people might think " I can not win but I could place 4 or 6?" so they might enter if there was more places to pay out. 1st $1000.00, 2nd $500.00, 3rd $400.00, 4th $100.00, 5th $75.00, 6th $50.00, 7th 35.00, or somthing like that. Just another thought.

Bruce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:36 am 

Keep the suggestions coming this will be what I look at for the march hill climb and its also good to show the owners when they ask what drivers want, I still like (run what you brung and hope its enough)but maybe start varing the hills more such as some of you have suggested with 3 different hills,with the most payback on the hardest hill.Just like circle track racing the late model class pays back alot more than the pony stock,but this way still gives people the option of what level they would like to climb at

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:10 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Paying to watch is a good way to raise money for the payout, but I'd guess you'd have to charge for it as people go into the offroad park. Except for honest folks who'd gladly pay to help out with our hobby, like most everyone on here, I'd think it would be difficult at best to get other people to pay when they are already in the park and can get a view from wherever they want. It would depend on how the place was laid out, I guess.

The 3 or so different hills sounds like a good idea , too. If someone paid to run on the difficult hill but was eliminated, do you think they should be eligible to pay to run on the next hillclass down? Actually, I guess if you started with the smaller hill event, and worked up, there would be no chance of that anyways.

Would there be a one-time "buyback" to try again if someone ran after you and beat your time, or would it be unlimited passes like the first one was?

I think the small hill class should have some type of equipment restriction, (No single seaters, no chains, minimum weight vs. displacement (hard to do in the woods), or all the above and more) to keep non-drivers with high-end buggies from entering the easy hill just to say they won SOMEthing. Or if you saw someone do this, you could just "wear 'em out" on here!!

Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:09 pm 

i think the best thing about it is its free to watch!! the more people that show up the better.. keep the crowds coming and maybe get some sponsers and make t-shirts - 2008 hill climb competition sponsered by _____....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:28 pm 

That's kind of true. Just starting out, you'd probably be much better off if there wasn't admission. People won't want to pay for something that they don't know anything about, and you want word to spread about it. Then there arises the problem of having prize money... :-x

I think there could be a chance of getting several small sponsors even just starting out as well if you talked to the right people. In that case, it could be a good turnout! :wink:

We had senior class companies in my highschool and one of them got quite a few local sponsors for a single event held at my school(tiny). They advertised for the sponsors mostly with t-shirts, and some banners. Took care of a couple thousand dollars worth of expenses. 8)
I think it could be a possibility.

Those are my varying, and probably somewhat conflicting, thoughts on the subject :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:55 pm 

What about 3 different hills and points for each hill then you could have a hill winner and a overall winner. the hills could be one fast one tight and one badass. Or have 5 hills and make it a 2 day event ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:15 pm 
Some one told me they had arround 1000 people pay to come in the last hill climb. But I do not know for sure, since I was not there. Mabey Sharpshooter could let us know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:54 pm 

There were about 1200 people come through the gates sat and sun,these people pay to get in and ride,the first place money was sponsored and 2nd and 3rd was paid back out of entry fees.Once people paid to get in the park they could go and watch all the events.The park works on getting sponsors for the large paybacks so the money can be garunteed before the event,this helps attract people that has to drive a long way,its better to drive a long way knowing the money is garunteed,instead of relying on the # of entrys.Alot of the suggestions for march suggest 2 different hills,one medium difficult level and one more extreme level,Ive also had a suggestion of breaking it down by tire size maybe 33inch and down and anything above 33inch,these are just suggestions so keep them coming.What do yall think about a powder puff class for the women(excluding Rhonda Deaton) on a fairly smooth hill, just thinking of something for the women to get involved in

Board index » General » WoodsBuggy Talk