It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:22 pm

Board index » Tech and Fab » Electrical/Wiring

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:02 pm 

The Rail Buggy kit says as follows:

Rebel Wire Rail Buggy harness includes wiring for Head Lights, Tail Lights, Turn Signals, Horn, Gauges and Accessory Wire.

THIS KIT IS FOR A BASIC RAIL BUGGY, Glass body buggys should use BUG HARNESS

Small 4 fuse panel with horn relay and flasher.

Assembled with Heavy Duty SXL wire and labeled every 6". Bundled for easy installation.

The 8 circuit kit shows:

Rebel Wire harnesses are all assembled in America from American made components. The 8 circuit wiring harnesses is perfect for Hot Rod, Rat Rod, T-Buckets, or Custom applications that require only basic circuits.

Assembled with heavy duty SXL wire labeled every 6" and bundled for easy
installation. This kit has 8 circuits for lights, gauges, radio, motor and third brake light. Kit comes with easy to use instructions for Chevy, Ford or Mopar installations, dash light wire, neutral safety switch wire, fusible link, 1 1/4" rubber grommet for the firewall, and fuse block label.

What do you guys think... I only plan to run 4-6 lights and a tac or something like that not sure if I will do street legal but would be a good option for the future for me or someone...

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:15 pm 

30 pack is always better than a 12 pack, if you don't drink them all put em in the fridge for later..... Wait what was the question? Lol aka: more is better

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:57 pm 

My rail is built to be street legal and it has a lot of accessories. I used an American Autowire Highway 15. I used every circuit plus some and it worked perfect. If you need the bare basics it's overkill but always try to think ahead. If you want a CB, dome light, backup lights, reverse lights, license plate lights, GPS, 12V power plug, wipers, washer, anything else, you need circuits. It sounds like overkill but having a designated, fused circuit, for every component is awesome. Makes trouble shooting so much easier. All wires being labeled and color coded is really nice too. I like the Highway 15 because the wires aren't terminated in the fuse block. You have to connect everything yourself so you can wire from the component backwards and trim to fit.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:27 pm 

Man... I see your point.... I will not be doing a full on street rail on this frame though... It's much smaller than yours.... Did you pay 370.00 for the kit? I need to think it over...

Thinking I want the following...
4-6 forward facing lights
Reverse lights
Tack
Oil pressure or temp?
Oil cooler and fan

Beyond that to be honest I am not sure what I can fit in the rail... Might need to upgrade my frame on down the road?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:51 am 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Highway-15-Wiri ... fb&vxp=mtr

$313 with free shipping. Not cheap but it had everything I needed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/American-Autowi ... 15&vxp=mtr

This is a 13 circuit and the wires are already terminated into the fuse block. Has everything you need but a little harder to manipulate the way you may want it. Saves about $80 though. There are other manufactures for street rod wiring. They all have enough to run a typical buggy plus some.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:27 pm 

what do you think about this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360464919819?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

VW Bug Wiring Harness
Assembled in America from American made components.
12 Circuit :
Horn Relay
Brake Lights
Head Lights
Hazard
Turn Signal
Cell Phone charger
Radio, Gauges
AC-Heat
Back up Lights
Wiper
Coil.
Pre-Wired 8-fuse panel with turn signal, hazard flasher now with 3 Prong Turn Signal Flasher.
Assembled with Heavy duty SXL wire and labeled every 6" and bundled for easy installation.

Board index » Tech and Fab » Electrical/Wiring