It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:03 pm

Board index » Tech and Fab » Electrical/Wiring

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:04 pm 

I've been working on this buggy way too long. New house, remodel and got married. :roll: Now it's time to get this thing done and moving. I hate wiring and would rather pay a pro and someone that does really nice, clean, quality wiring. I have a lot of wire, fuse panel etc. I'm in the Dayton Ohio area and would consider delivering it for the right job and price. Willing to pay for a quality job. Basically it's a "street rod" style job. This buggy will be street legal with all lights, turn, flasher, horn, wipers, washer, GPS, guages, EFI megasquirt (have the harness already), fuel pump etc. Does anyone know a pro or someone that's good at electrical and willing to take on a job? My email is fortydegnorth@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:31 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Damn I was wondering where you've been.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:53 am 

When I have time to I still cruise the forum. It has been a crazy couple years for sure. Hopefully this is the year that I actually get to start this thing. I have actually finished the buggy a lot more than the pictures show. All the body panels are painted and on now and the lights too. It's just about complete aside from wiring, installing the seats, floor, and other odd and ends.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:31 am 
BOTM Winner

Good to see your still at it!!I would love to help ya, but I dont have a garage anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:34 am 

I have a garage I'd happily provide. :D

I talked to a reputable stereo shop yesterday that said they could wire it in a day. I'm considering my options and cost.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:25 am 

After talking to several pros I ended up buying one of these kits http://www.americanautowire.com/highway15.html

They all wanted $500-1000 and I still needed to supply the kit or parts. I figure with the kit I should be able to wing it. I've wired a buggy before but it's up there with the least favorite things to do. Hopefully I get it this week or next so I can get to work.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:49 am 

Wiring is the BEST part of the build (because it is usually the last :lol: ). Too bad your in Ohio... I would be happy to do it. Nice looking ride all the same. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

I'de love to help, especially since I'm unemployed and bored. But you're 4.5 hrs away. Just make sure you/they fuse and relay everything.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:52 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

DVS1 wrote:
Just make sure you/they fuse and relay everything.

X2

I actually used Marine Breakers instead of fuses and they worked great. Take you time on the wiring and use lots of different colors.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:22 pm 

WIth the kit most everything is there for you. Color coded and labeled right on the wires every few inches. It all comes with the relays and fuses for most circuits. I hope it goes well. I'm ordering braided line for coolant, fuel and power steering this week. I hope to make some good progress in the next few weeks. It's so hot and dry my landscaping business is slow right now so I'm taking advantage of it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:09 pm 
WB Contributor

I was wondering just the other day If you ever finished that buggy . It looks great !

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:29 am 

It's actually a lot further along than that old picture shows. If I ever get it wired I'll post some pics. All this EFI wiring crap is going to take some time. Tons of sensors, boost control, fans, etc. A little overwhelming but like anything else, one step at a time.

Board index » Tech and Fab » Electrical/Wiring